LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  [ 48 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Would You Trade...

Offline  Re: Would You Trade...

Posted: June 21, 2018, 8:42 PM Post
This might be the whiskey talking but what about.......

Braves receive:
Santana
Davies

Brewers receive:
Touki Toussaint (RHP)
William Contreras (C)
Kyle Muller (LHP)
Cristian Pache (OF)

Probably selling low on Santana and Davies here and this is probably an off season deal more so than a deadline or in season trade. I like Contreras and Muller the most. Toussaint is the big name but I think he probably slides into the bullpen more so than he is a starter.

Pache is more of a defensive OF with a plus arm and plus speed. He bats like Ichiro where he starts to run as he is hitting so not much power in his swing. Pache could definitely hit for power if his swing can be fixed. Very raw offensively.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 21, 2018, 9:05 PM Post
Braves don't do that.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 21, 2018, 9:12 PM Post
Brewers don't do that. I know the Braves have an excellent system, but you're not even getting one top 10 organizational prospect for two major league pieces that have been above-average as recently at last year, are still very young, and are under team control for several more seasons.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Would You Trade...

Posted: June 26, 2018, 4:47 PM Post
Global Moderator
Internet trade speculation is a funny thing (and for the record there is no way I would support this trade proposal)...

Seattle Mariners Trade a Day: Eric Thames

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 26, 2018, 6:56 PM Post
Global Moderator
Thanks for passing that along, Eye Black. As you say, that's pretty uninteresting from the Brewers' perspective, but perhaps to be expected from a Mariner's site. Vincent is just a guy, who has been pretty bad this year but ok-ish in the past and isn't young at all. De Jong seems like young fodder, as he hasn't really succeeded at AAA (or AA, really). And I'm always leery of any minor leaguer that is on their third organization at age 24 and was once traded for cash....

If the Brewers decide to trade of a player at a potential position of surplus like Thames, it should either be to fill a major hole on the MLB roster to help the team now, or for prospects to help re-load the farm system. This proposal manages to do neither...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 27, 2018, 7:58 AM Post
Brew4U said:
jerichoholicninja said:
Thames & Aguilar for Josh Bell? No way. The only positives for the Brewers in that deal are saving a roster spot since Bell is a switch hitter and saving some money.

My thoughts were that you’re catching a guy before he hits his prime. It wasn’t a knock on Aguilar or Thames but achieving that young controlled talent.

I can see the point, but I think I'd rather have Aguilar than Bell going forward. Let alone adding in a useful player like Thames.

Edit: I see BillHallstar pretty much already said this.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 27, 2018, 8:22 AM Post
Josh Bell and Domingo Santana. What similar stories this season. Where has the power gone? I have to say I'm still pretty high on both these players despite what has happened this season. Not saying I'd trade Aguilar + Thames for Bell...but I still expect big things from Bell in the future.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 27, 2018, 8:57 AM Post
JosephC said:
Josh Bell and Domingo Santana. What similar stories this season. Where has the power gone? I have to say I'm still pretty high on both these players despite what has happened this season. Not saying I'd trade Aguilar + Thames for Bell...but I still expect big things from Bell in the future.

Santana - Yes, there is some "where has it gone?" with him. May be related to his lack of playing time, but the ball has gone over the fence for him less than usual.

Bell - Last year was probably an outlier. His ISO was in the .160ish range all the way up and was .130 for his first season up and is that this year. It was .211 last year. He could still develop/adjust, but he's probably a .250/.340 guy with 15-20 HR and not .270/.350 with 25-30 HR if we put his best of his best together. Going from Pittsburgh to Miller Park may help a bit, but not a ton.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 30, 2019, 6:02 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Thought this might be a fun thread if anyone has any good “proposals” that pop in their minds. They don’t have to be ones that you hope they do or that even really happen in the MLB but everyone has random thoughts here and there with players.

Mine tonight was...

Thames & Aguilar for Josh Bell

Would you do it? Why, or why not?

Bump.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 30, 2019, 7:26 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Brew4U said:
Thought this might be a fun thread if anyone has any good “proposals” that pop in their minds. They don’t have to be ones that you hope they do or that even really happen in the MLB but everyone has random thoughts here and there with players.

Mine tonight was...

Bump.

Yay you.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 30, 2019, 7:37 PM Post
turborickey said:
Brew4U said:
Brew4U said:

Mine tonight was...

Bump.

Yay you.

[laughing] Well, thanks. But I really wasn’t patting myself on the back. Seeing Bell’s stat line just reminded me of this. No need to be a grouchy old man all the time...

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 30, 2019, 7:48 PM Post
Nah, kudos to you, that trade would look amazing right now and I definitely made the wrong call on that.

It's only natural, I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to bump the threads where people said "Bellinger isn't enough for Braun, he's never even going to be as good as Braun" . [smile]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 30, 2019, 7:58 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Nah, kudos to you, that trade would look amazing right now and I definitely made the wrong call on that.

It's only natural, I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to bump the threads where people said "Bellinger isn't enough for Braun, he's never even going to be as good as Braun" . [smile]

I’ll still keep Braun. [wink]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 30, 2019, 8:15 PM Post
I don’t think the Pirates would have ever considered that trade anyway.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 30, 2019, 8:24 PM Post
Brew4U said:
adambr2 said:

I'm thinking I'd pull the trigger. 15 WAR pace 23 year old might solve our problems at 1st.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 31, 2019, 8:57 AM Post
adambr2 said:
Brew4U said:
adambr2 said:

I'm thinking I'd pull the trigger. 15 WAR pace 23 year old might solve our problems at 1st.

Just extrapolating Bellinger’s stat line while playing half his games at Miller qualifies as indecent public behavior in most states. I’m not sure what drives me crazier: missing Trout by one spot in the draft, or not getting Bellinger for Braun two years ago. That decision by the Dodgers might go down as one of the all-time best “no” calls in trade history. What a heartbreaker for us.

What is best in life? To crush the Cardinals, Cubs, and Manny Machado, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their fanboys.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 31, 2019, 9:03 AM Post
Bellinger would probably be out of baseball living on the streets with a drug problem if they had traded him to us. At least I think that's how the butterfly effect works...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 31, 2019, 11:41 AM Post
I can't imagine Bellinger was ever one of the '2 prospects'. I think that's more of a fan created urban legend.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 31, 2019, 12:36 PM Post
Yeah, I agree with you adambr2. It's another reason why I don't get too caught up in the what could have been type stuff with Braun. I cannot stand Puig and I enjoy Braun. I'm a happy camper with it at the end of the day.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 31, 2019, 12:47 PM Post
adambr2 said:
I can't imagine Bellinger was ever one of the '2 prospects'. I think that's more of a fan created urban legend.

It is in fact true that Bellinger wasn't part of a package for Braun. The prospects were of lower quality.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  [ 48 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply