LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 48 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Would You Trade...

Offline  Re: Would You Trade...

Posted: May 31, 2019, 12:56 PM Post
nate82 said:
adambr2 said:
I can't imagine Bellinger was ever one of the '2 prospects'. I think that's more of a fan created urban legend.

It is in fact true that Bellinger wasn't part of a package for Braun. The prospects were of lower quality.

I don’t have any inside information, and it was a while ago, but I seem to recall reports from either journalists or industry analysts to the effect that Brewers brass insisted on Bellinger, and the Dodgers said no. Maybe I’m not remembering correctly, though, or perhaps it’s all BS; but it makes for a fun story. Bellinger was well-regraded as a prospect, but was not expected to be a superstar, so it sounds like a credible ask on the Brewers’ part. Oh well—myths and legends...

What is best in life? To crush the Cardinals, Cubs, and Manny Machado, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their fanboys.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Would You Trade...

Posted: May 31, 2019, 1:12 PM Post
I was going to say the same as Harvey. I remember the rumors/speculation is that we were holding out for him and they wouldn't include and that's basically why it fell through. Of course we'd need High Heat to verify.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 31, 2019, 2:34 PM Post
https://reviewingthebrew.com/2017/08/19 ... puig-deal/

That was the only thing I could find on Bellinger for Braun speculation. And that's all it reads as, total speculation.

I can't imagine Bellinger was ever an agreed upon prospect but if he was Stearns would definitely never reveal that information.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 31, 2019, 2:44 PM Post
We never got offered Bellinger in a trade. That trade was questionable enough not taking if the prospects were nothingburgers. We weren’t offered a Top 40 prospect and turned it down. Nothing Stearns has done leads me to believe he was or ever will be that dumb.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 31, 2019, 3:25 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
We never got offered Bellinger in a trade. That trade was questionable enough not taking if the prospects were nothingburgers. We weren’t offered a Top 40 prospect and turned it down. Nothing Stearns has done leads me to believe he was or ever will be that dumb.

Yeah it seemed like clickbait from Brewcrewball. There's just no way Stearns lost out on Bellinger+ for Braun because of insistence on a 2nd prospect in an already lopsided trade.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 31, 2019, 7:40 PM Post
Harvey'sWBs said:
nate82 said:
adambr2 said:
I can't imagine Bellinger was ever one of the '2 prospects'. I think that's more of a fan created urban legend.

It is in fact true that Bellinger wasn't part of a package for Braun. The prospects were of lower quality.

I don’t have any inside information, and it was a while ago, but I seem to recall reports from either journalists or industry analysts to the effect that Brewers brass insisted on Bellinger, and the Dodgers said no. Maybe I’m not remembering correctly, though, or perhaps it’s all BS; but it makes for a fun story. Bellinger was well-regraded as a prospect, but was not expected to be a superstar, so it sounds like a credible ask on the Brewers’ part. Oh well—myths and legends...

I remember hearing the same exact thing when that trade fell through and that was the reason why.

Also, funny how many people were so adamant about NOT wanting Josh Bell! Don't get me wrong, at the time that was asked, I wouldn't have wanted to do it and I'm guessing the Pirates wouldn't have done it anyway, so no harm, no foul.

But that's a pretty good call.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 10, 2019, 3:22 PM Post
I do love these retrospective looks at buy low/sell high candidates.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 14, 2019, 11:44 AM Post
Even though like I said I think there's no chance Bellinger was ever in the Braun talks, I'm going to post this lineup for fun:

1) Yelich LF
2) Cain CF
3) Bellinger RF
4) Hiura 2B
5) Moustakas 3B
6) Grandal C
7) Shaw 1B
8) Arcia SS

The order can be whatever, I just tried to split the lefties up, but that's going to be a historically good offense, is it not?

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 48 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply