LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next  [ 288 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2018-08-17: Brewers (Peralta) at Cardinals (Flaherty) 7:15 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-2]

Offline  Re: 2018-08-17: Brewers (Peralta) at Cardinals (Flaherty) 7:15 PM CDT
Posted: August 17, 2018, 8:06 PM Post
One thing is fairly certain, if we start giving up 2-3 runs a game only, we're going to stop scoring runs again.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 17, 2018, 8:06 PM Post
Remember when people thought Cole Hamels wouldn’t help the Cubs?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 17, 2018, 8:07 PM Post
BruisedCrew said:
Remember when people thought Cole Hamels wouldn’t help the Cubs?

Don't start with me...

Last edited by xisxisxis on August 17, 2018, 8:08 PM, edited 1 time in total.

JosephC said:
Stearns probably had no interest in getting a C because the Brewers need a C. It makes much more sense to trade for 3B when it's not needed, and then move the other 3B to 2B, then trade for a 2B, but since the 3B is now at 2B, then the new 2B goes to SS

Quote   Reply 
treego14 said:
baseballamerica.com lists Counsell as the best manager in the NL ... voted upon by other managers and scouts, I guess ... somebody likes Counsell, I guess.

Right now I would say the Cardinals manager, whatever his name is, is the best. Look what he's done with them since taking over for Matheny. Managers do make a difference.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
adambr2 said:
treego14 said:
baseballamerica.com lists Counsell as the best manager in the NL ... voted upon by other managers and scouts, I guess ... somebody likes Counsell, I guess.

Counsell is whatever. He's fine. I don't agree with all his decisions, but it's that way no matter who the manager is. My only real complaint with him is how long he stuck with Knebel this year and was still married to the idea of a conventional closer, but for the most part I think he is able to think outside the box.

Counsell has to wear at least part of the crappy hitting this year. Games like this, we have no chance. We have these games 3 days a week. It's incredibly frustrating.

Valar Morghulis

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 17, 2018, 8:09 PM Post
https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories ... E.facebook is the article showing Counsell as best manager in the NL (voted on by managers, scouts, and executives)

Last edited by treego14 on August 17, 2018, 8:10 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 17, 2018, 8:10 PM Post
phnxcrew said:
adambr2 said:
treego14 said:

Counsell is whatever. He's fine. I don't agree with all his decisions, but it's that way no matter who the manager is. My only real complaint with him is how long he stuck with Knebel this year and was still married to the idea of a conventional closer, but for the most part I think he is able to think outside the box.

Counsell has to wear at least part of the crappy hitting this year. Games like this, we have no chance. We have these games 3 days a week. It's incredibly frustrating.

I wish Darnell Coles would wear it since he's been in charge of these crappy offenses for several years now.

Quote   Reply 
Guausman Hammels or Fiers would have been such a boost to this rotation. Davies has been horrible in the minors and they are thinking of bringing him back. One of those guys make him moot.

Quote   Reply 
phnxcrew said:
adambr2 said:
treego14 said:

I think the crappy hitters have to wear the crappy hitting this year.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2018-08-17: Brewers (Peralta) at Cardinals (Flaherty) 7:15 PM CDT
Posted: August 17, 2018, 8:11 PM Post
adambr2 said:
I wish Darnell Coles would wear it since he's been in charge of these crappy offenses for several years now.

I wish Darnell Coles would wear a different teams jersey next year.

[wink]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 17, 2018, 8:14 PM Post
Counsell has Jennings warming up instead of Hader ... why? Why not bring in a guy who has proven to be very capable as a shutdown guy. Why not give your offense a chance to come back from a 3-run deficit? Jennings gets nicked up far more than Hader. We cannot afford to give up any more runs at all!

This is a major gripe I have with Counsell! Hader is over-rested, if anything!

Last edited by treego14 on August 17, 2018, 8:17 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 17, 2018, 8:16 PM Post
Would you believe Schoop has a hit in 8 straight starts?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 17, 2018, 8:17 PM Post
Granted the hitters and Coles are responsible, but the coach should be able to motivate and change approaches, no? That's usually their job as well, not to just stand back and let them continue to be crappy for 200 straight games

Valar Morghulis

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 17, 2018, 8:18 PM Post
treego14 said:
https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/2018-mlb-best-tools/#.W3dtqzpP0JE.facebook is the article showing Counsell as best manager in the NL (voted on by managers, scouts, and executives)

Lol...I’m not a Counsell hater by any means, but to call him the best is hysterical.

Quote   Reply 
adambr2 said:

Feels like minimum impact for some reason.

Quote   Reply 
Another chance extinguished faster than you can type GIDP.

Quote   Reply 
adambr2 said:

Official scorer must feel bad for Schoop if that was called a hit.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 17, 2018, 8:20 PM Post
treego14 said:
Counsell has Jennings warming up instead of Hader ... why? Why not bring in a guy who has proven to be very capable as a shutdown guy. Why not give your offense a chance to come back from a 3-run deficit? Jennings gets nicked up far more than Hader. We cannot afford to give up any more runs at all!

This is a major gripe I have with Counsell! Hader is over-rested, if anything!

Preaching to the choir. I imagine it's because today doesn't have an S and T in it.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 17, 2018, 8:20 PM Post
Hader last pitched on 8/11!!!! Why? https://www.fangraphs.com/teams/brewers/pitcher-usage

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 17, 2018, 8:21 PM Post
Due to get shut out again, hasn't happened since June, we got all our shutouts out of the way in April and May, which incredibly is when we were good.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next  [ 288 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply