LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 104 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Trading for Paul Goldschmidt

Offline  Re: Goldschmidt

Posted: December 05, 2018, 12:02 PM Post
tmwiese55 said:
Might as well get weird, get Greinke involved too with them kicking in money.

FYI: this thread already happened a few weeks ago viewtopic.php?f=66&t=37728

Just for fun, I'll try.

Brewers get
Greinke
Goldschmidt
$ so we are responsible for $15M/year and none of the deferrals

Diamondsbacks get
Aguilar
Brown
Stokes
Supak
Broxton

Who says no?

Offline  Re: Trading for Paul Goldschmidt

Posted: December 05, 2018, 12:12 PM Post
I think my Woodruff/Aggie offer is very generous. Some seem to think that it's going to take a lot more.

I'd rather deal Peralta or Z. Brown over Woodruff. I'd exchange those names if it'd get the deal done.

Posted: December 05, 2018, 12:42 PM Post
PlayerHader said:
I think my Woodruff/Aggie offer is very generous. Some seem to think that it's going to take a lot more.

I'd rather deal Peralta or Z. Brown over Woodruff. I'd exchange those names if it'd get the deal done.

I don't know that I'd want to give THAT much to get one year of Goldschmidt and the surefire comp pick we'd also get. Reminder that 1 year costs $14.5 million. A great deal for Goldschmidt...but that's a lot of money for the Brewers.

Posted: December 05, 2018, 1:31 PM Post
I think he puts our offense in the "Very good/Elite category". He's that big of a piece.

It helps that I'm of the belief that we have seen the best of Aguilar. I don't think he's an .850 OPS player. Closer to .800 and maybe under that.

Posted: December 05, 2018, 1:36 PM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
tmwiese55 said:
Might as well get weird, get Greinke involved too with them kicking in money.

FYI: this thread already happened a few weeks ago viewtopic.php?f=66&t=37728

Just for fun, I'll try.

Brewers get
Greinke
Goldschmidt

Diamondsbacks get
Aguilar
Brown
Stokes
Supak
Broxton

Who says no?

The Diamondbacks say no pretty easily, that package isn't worth 100 million dollars.

Posted: December 05, 2018, 1:41 PM Post
wallus said:
KeithStone53151 said:
Just for fun, I'll try.

Brewers get
Greinke
Goldschmidt

Diamondsbacks get
Aguilar
Brown
Stokes
Supak
Broxton

Who says no?

The Diamondbacks say no pretty easily.

I think you might be right. Is it moreso the $ issue or talent? I feel like $ is the bigger issue than talent. They'd still be on the hook to pay Greinke $20M/year plus deferrals. We may have to kick in another $30 million or so to get the money closer to accurate, or kick in a little bit and upgrade Broxton or Stokes to Ray.

Posted: December 05, 2018, 1:56 PM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
wallus said:
KeithStone53151 said:
Just for fun, I'll try.

Brewers get
Greinke
Goldschmidt

Diamondsbacks get
Aguilar
Brown
Stokes
Supak
Broxton

Who says no?

The Diamondbacks say no pretty easily.

I think you might be right. Is it moreso the $ issue or talent? I feel like $ is the bigger issue than talent. They'd still be on the hook to pay Greinke $20M/year plus deferrals. We may have to kick in another $30 million or so to get the money closer to accurate, or kick in a little bit and upgrade Broxton or Stokes to Ray.

The Diamondbacks are going to have a hard time trading Grienke for value I think. Bumgarner and Gray are less risky options out there right now.

Posted: December 05, 2018, 2:11 PM Post
I think it will be tough to fit Grienke into our budget to be honest. I would love to have him but if I am the Diamondbacks and I am trading Goldschmidt who is the best 1b and a perennial MVP candidate and Grienke paid down to a point where he is paid like a #4 starter I am going to be asking for probably your best 2 prospects and likely would settle for something to the line of Woodruff, Peralta, Ray and Diplan/Supak or Huira and one of Peralta/Woodruff and Diplan. I was trying to figure out a package that would keep us from giving up our pitchers that have MLB experience and Huira but getting to a financial place where we are able to stay under $125M was really tough and likely has too many moving parts to be realistic.

Posted: December 05, 2018, 2:19 PM Post
jackailius said:
I think it will be tough to fit Grienke into our budget to be honest. I would love to have him but if I am the Diamondbacks and I am trading Goldschmidt who is the best 1b and a perennial MVP candidate and Grienke paid down to a point where he is paid like a #4 starter I am going to be asking for probably your best 2 prospects and likely would settle for something to the line of Woodruff, Peralta, Ray and Diplan/Supak or Huira and one of Peralta/Woodruff and Diplan. I was trying to figure out a package that would keep us from giving up our pitchers that have MLB experience and Huira but getting to a financial place where we are able to stay under $125M was really tough and likely has too many moving parts to be realistic.

Contracts do matter though. How much is one year of Goldschmidt worth? Certainly not any of our big 3 pitchers or Hiura. Not even close to that. Each of those pitchers and Hiura is more valuable than any prospect outside the top 50...and with relative ease.

The Dbacks are likely to be a bit of a tweener team as of right now, and will probably be into a rebuild when Goldschmidt leaves for greener pastures. The could turn that rebuild into more of a retool if they can get out of a big chunk of Greinke's contract and get a handful of young talented players for both. Otherwise they could basically salary dump as much of Greinke as they can for very little prospect return and trade Goldschmidt separately for a fringe top 50 guy and some modest add in pieces...that's probably best case scenario for him. I like my trade better than option B if I'm the Dbacks.

Posted: December 05, 2018, 3:57 PM Post
https://mobile.twitter.com/JonHeyman/st ... 0571397120

Posted: December 05, 2018, 3:58 PM Post
Cards are close...

Posted: December 05, 2018, 3:59 PM Post
ThisIsMyCrew said:
Cards are close...

*r close [laughing]

Online  Re: Trading for Paul Goldschmidt

Posted: December 05, 2018, 3:59 PM Post
Boo! That is a major bummer. I see him being a huge thorn in the Brewers' side next year, and likely longer if/when he re-ups with them.

Posted: December 05, 2018, 4:06 PM Post
Bob Nightengale
@BNightengale
Paul Goldschmidt has been traded to the #STLCards. The deal is done.

Posted: December 05, 2018, 4:08 PM Post
Crap, a designated brewer killer going to the St. Louis Brewer Killers.

Posted: December 05, 2018, 4:11 PM Post
Luke Weaver, Carson Kelly, Andy Young and a draft pick. Seems like a less than stellar return for AZ. Weaver was a -1 War pitcher last year.

Posted: December 05, 2018, 4:15 PM Post
ThisIsMyCrew said:
Luke Weaver, Carson Kelly, Andy Young and a draft pick. Seems like a less than stellar return for AZ. Weaver was a -1 War pitcher last year.

You mean it is possible to acquire a stud player in a trade without giving up your top stud prospects?

I thought that wasn't possible? I mean, the Brewers don't have the prospects to make a deal like this!

Posted: December 05, 2018, 4:17 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
ThisIsMyCrew said:

You mean it is possible to acquire a stud player in a trade without giving up your top stud prospects?

I thought that wasn't possible? I mean, the Brewers don't have the prospects to make a deal like this!

[laughing] love this!

Posted: December 05, 2018, 4:17 PM Post
Just another offseason of the Brewers doing nothing.. Last year was the exception and we saw what it did for them.. Too worried to make trades, too worried to spend money. That’s why this team will never be in the World Series again.

Posted: December 05, 2018, 4:21 PM Post
Jkromb said:
Just another offseason of the Brewers doing nothing.. Last year was the exception and we saw what it did for them.. Too worried to make trades, too worried to spend money. That’s why this team will never be in the World Series again.

It is Dec. 5. Whole lotta offseason left.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 104 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply