LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next  [ 348 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Madison Bumgarner

Online  Re: Madison Bumgarner
Posted: December 05, 2018, 4:15 PM Post
jjfanec said:
Honest question. Didnt Woodruff's velocity spike up when he went to the bullpen? How high would it be as a starter? Would he be able to maintain upper 90s or would he slip back to 93-94 range

His average velocity in games he's started in the majors is 94.3. This has ranged from a low of 93.1 to a high of 95.5.

A Swing and A Drive said:
BTW, Brandon Woodruff will never be an ACE of a MLB rotation.

Madison Bumgarner has the pedigree of not only an MLB ACE, but an elite ACE with Hall of Fame level talent with the ability to take his game up a notch during the playoffs. Some great pitchers like Clayton Kershaw do not have this special gear in them. Also, in spite of his dip in numbers from his last two injury plagued seasons, the dude is still only 29 years of age.

Woodruff doesn't have to be close to an ace to be more valuable than one year of Bumgarner.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Madison Bumgarner
Posted: December 05, 2018, 8:53 PM Post
Insane to believe Madison is only going to be 29! Guy is just a stud. Future Hall of Fame pitcher who has been consistent whole career. Plus a another nice bat in lineup....

Not sure what the Giants will require but worth exploring

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 07, 2018, 3:39 PM Post
A Swing and A Drive said:
I guess I don't put Woodruff on the same tier as Hiura and Burnes, so that's why I'd be willing to have him headline a trade from MadBum. Honestly, if he stays a Brewers, he might be the most valuable if we keep him in the bullpen. His stuff seemed to play up a bit in shorter outings, IMO.

I don't think anybody puts Woodruff on the same tier as Hiura/Burnes.

Bum hasn't been an ace since 2016 and his hard hit rate and barrel percentage have increased every year since 2015 while his K rate has dropped every year. The past 3yrs his exit velo has been approaching 88mph...up 2mph from 2015. He's still a very good pitcher and one every team would absolutely want but 1yr of him *is not* worth anywhere near 6yrs of Woodruff. And that's the entire point.

Woodruff can be a solid rotation arm or a dominant pen arm. It's whatever Stearns/Counsell want moving forward based on how they're constructing the team because they've clearly showed they don't operate in a traditional way.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 07, 2018, 4:09 PM Post
Not breaking news but Incarcerated bob on twitter, the guy who had the Goldy signing a few days before the major media outlets says Brewers and Phillies are going the hardest for Bumgarner.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 07, 2018, 7:39 PM Post
Global Moderator
I'm guessing Burnes and Woodruff would be the "window sticker" price on Mad Bum. But no one pays the window sticker price. Time to negotiate.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 07, 2018, 8:05 PM Post
Giants can add Will Smith to the deal if they are looking for a better return

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 10, 2018, 12:00 PM Post
YoungGeezy1 said:
Insane to believe Madison is only going to be 29! Guy is just a stud. Future Hall of Fame pitcher who has been consistent whole career. Plus a another nice bat in lineup....

They why are they looking to trade him rather than extend him?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 10, 2018, 12:09 PM Post
Point Beer Is Best said:
YoungGeezy1 said:

They why are they looking to trade him rather than extend him?

The Giants roster is old and declining. They should do a rebuild as they aren't going to win anything with what they have now.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 07, 2019, 9:20 AM Post
The Brewer Nation
‏@BrewerNation
Following Following @BrewerNation
.@jonmorosi said on #MLBNHotStove that from "what [he] can gather" over the last 48 hours, the "strongest possibility" to trade for Madison Bumgarner (if SF trades him before ST) is the #Brewers. Morosi specified "the key piece the Giants would need" is OF prospect Corey Ray.

The Brewer Nation
@BrewerNation
14m14 minutes ago
Morosi also said that he considers the trade market for Bumgarner to be Milwaukee's show since the other major possibility to trade for Bumgarner, the Phillies, is engaged on Harper, Machado, and Keuchel. He feels the #Brewers don't want to pay Keuchel's current asking price.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 07, 2019, 9:26 AM Post
Global Moderator
Corey Ray is more than I'd want to give up for MadBum, but it could be a start.

I'd probably do Ray plus a couple 40 FV guys for MadBum/Fresh Prince.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 07, 2019, 9:33 AM Post
The Cardinal's board would probably go ape if we got him.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 07, 2019, 9:35 AM Post
Not sure how to feel about giving up Ray. He’s coming off a breakout season, but still strikes out a ton. On one hand I want to see if this breakout will last, but I’m still not sure if the bat will hold up given the frequent swing and miss.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 07, 2019, 9:45 AM Post
I was under the impression that the Giants shopped Bumgarner, and the offers were so low that they pulled him off the market.

If a team overpays for him, it will very likely be because of his playoff reputation, and have nothing to do with actual data. Because when looking at the numbers, they pretty much scream that this is a player that has to be approached with a great deal of caution.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 07, 2019, 9:54 AM Post
Global Moderator
JosephC said:
I was under the impression that the Giants shopped Bumgarner, and the offers were so low that they pulled him off the market.

Usually that leads to one of two things- rolling with a guy that has control (ala the Marlins and Realmuto), or you come back to the table later on with a more realistic goal in your asking price. The Giants are going nowhere this year, and they have zero reason to hold on to Bumgarner other than maybe to hope he has more value over a half season at the deadline than he does now, which is hit or miss.

I'd give up Ray for him, but probably not much else. He'd undeniably be an upgrade in the rotation, though.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 07, 2019, 9:56 AM Post
I'd take a possible world series over another good OF myself, but that's just me.

Last edited by superfly on January 07, 2019, 9:59 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 07, 2019, 9:56 AM Post
If Ray is the keynote piece going back, I make that deal yesterday. Ray is a nice prospect, and coming off a breakout season certainly increases his value. But I have a hard time seeing where he fits into the Brewers' contention window, and he is likely always going to have contact and swing-and-miss tendencies, which is going to lead to a low average and middling OBP. It seems that Stearns is making a concerted effort to get away from those types, so it doesn't surprise me that Ray is on the block.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 07, 2019, 10:29 AM Post
sveumrules said:
Corey Ray is more than I'd want to give up for MadBum, but it could be a start.

I'd probably do Ray plus a couple 40 FV guys for MadBum/Fresh Prince.

I would definitely welcome a Will Smith reunion, he is still a good pitcher.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 07, 2019, 11:06 AM Post
Yeah, I'd trade Ray for him. And I would try to expand it to include Smith.

I really wouldn't know what to expect the price tag to be.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 07, 2019, 11:12 AM Post
Ray sorta has the same issues as some of the guys Stearns traded for Yelich. He's got hit tool issues so I would not be surprised to see the Brewers move him.

I'd be fine with giving up Ray for Bumgarner even though I don't think Bumgarner is an Ace any more. He's still probably the Brewers best SP in 2019 of this acquire him.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 07, 2019, 11:17 AM Post
Yes! Bring us the MadBum!!! Get er done

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next  [ 348 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply