Brewers Inability to Make Moves

Offline  Re: Brewers Inability to Make Moves

Posted: December 05, 2018, 11:02 PM Post
A long time lurker
Enjoying the nostalgia
Adding haiku night

Posted: December 05, 2018, 11:58 PM Post
Sure it’s December 5th. But the Cardinals got better, the Nationals got better, the Cubs will get better, and the Dodgers also will get better. Meanwhile the Brewers sit here agreeing to do nothing because they don’t want to spend a few extra dollars or trade off some prospects who possibly will never amount to anything. Sure the Brewer people think Hiura will be great, but if that’s the case then why isn’t he going to be on the opening day roster?? And don’t give me that stupid Super 2 answer, if he was good enough and they felt that he was the answer, they wouldn’t wait.

Posted: December 06, 2018, 12:12 AM Post

GIF Master

Posted: December 06, 2018, 1:20 AM Post
Another long time lurker checking in. When does the train to WOAH SOLVDD territory depart? Asking for a friend...

Sure it’s December 5th. But the Cardinals got better, the Nationals got better, the Cubs will get better, and the Dodgers also will get better. Meanwhile the Brewers sit here agreeing to do nothing

Online  Re: Brewers Inability to Make Moves

Posted: December 06, 2018, 6:56 AM Post
phnxcrew said:
can jeremy burnitz pitch?

Somebody get Bill Hall to Balco, stat! He can help....

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Posted: December 06, 2018, 8:07 AM Post
Yuni...

Just want to mention his name before someone else does.

Winning!

Posted: December 06, 2018, 8:19 AM Post
I thought this was someone bumping last years similar post to be funny. I so wish I had been right.

Posted: December 06, 2018, 8:33 AM Post
I laugh because I don't believe that Mark A wont add to the payroll to make this team even better. But again its early and it takes two to tango.

Posted: December 06, 2018, 8:43 AM Post
Don't let this die! I haven't laughed this much since the cheese sandwich thread of 04!

Posted: December 06, 2018, 8:56 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Jkromb said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Somewhere Angel Perdomo is shedding a single tear ...

Not a major move..

Could be ...

No one thought Wade Miley was a major move when he was signed.

Did anyone think signing Chacin was a major move? He turned out to be the ace of a team that won 96 games. That was a much better move than signing Darvish would have been.

I still think a lefty starter will be signed. Either Happ or bringing back Miley would be well within their budget. A bat like Dietrich seems plausible as well as a lefty reliever. I wouldn't rule out them more aggressively going after Realmuto in light of Goldschmidt going to Cards.

If the Arcia of the last month and playoffs shows up from day one, it will have as great an impact as any FA signing could possibly be.

Posted: December 06, 2018, 9:05 AM Post

Brewerfan Jedi
Global Moderator

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Posted: December 06, 2018, 9:06 AM Post
There are about 20 teams that have done literally nothing yet. Cool your jets bro. I know it's more fun when the Brewers are making moves. If last offseason taught me anything, it's patience...to some degree at least. We had to wait until January 25 for major stuff to happen for us, waiting until December 6th is easy in comparison.

Posted: December 06, 2018, 9:18 AM Post
Cain/Yelich was Jan 25ish last year. Chill.

Posted: December 06, 2018, 9:44 AM Post
adambr2 said:
Jkromb said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

No one thought Wade Miley was a major move when he was signed.

He wasnt.. it was sheer luck that he was even good.. every time he
Took the mound i felt like we could give up 10 runs very easily.

I mean, trading for Christian Yelich was sort of a major move.

You mean the MVP they traded for giving up their TOP prospect and a couple top 100 prospects(3 top 100 prospects according to some sites) for on the same day they signed another MVP candidate in Lorenzo Cain?

I don't think this guy is kidding. Goldy would have been foolish. And he was a prospect at one time, so yeah, we should do some "prospect hugging." Which...I assume just means not wanting to give up young, extremely talented players we control for the next 6 years.

And as much as I wanted Corbin, and as much as I think 6 years 140 would have been fine for the Brewers, you DO realize he needs to also want to sign for that? He's a East Coast guy and 6/140 is already pushing it and that' what a top East Coast team paid. So how much do you think he wanted to come to a Upper Mid-West team? Another 10? 20?

So we're really whining about one of the most active teams that past several years not giving up their top prospects for a one year rental at 1st base while we have a 27 year all-star playing there and not forcing a pitcher to sign with us over another team.

LOVING that logic!

Posted: December 06, 2018, 9:46 AM Post
Global Moderator
Since I’m 95% sure this thread was meant to be either tongue-in-cheek or trolling, I’m closing it down. If this was meant for serious discussion, the original poster can PM me and we’ll consider re-opening.

Edit: I've been told that the poster wants to have a serious discussion on this, so I'm re-opening. Please keep it civil!

Posted: December 06, 2018, 12:46 PM Post
So essentially I am upset because I feel that in order to make it to and ultimately win a World Series we will need the JT Realmuto’s and Patrick Corbin’s of the world.

Posted: December 06, 2018, 12:57 PM Post
Jkromb said:
So essentially I am upset because I feel that in order to make it to and ultimately win a World Series we will need the JT Realmuto’s and Patrick Corbin’s of the world.

I get the frustration, and have long been a member of the "Anti-Stay the Course" crowd ... which is amplified even more now that we have a team that was once game from a World Series appearance. But making reactionary moves is never, ever the right course of action to take. As a fan, it is frustrating to see other playoff contenders improve while your team sits idle. But it's still very early, and I still believe the Brewers will make some noise this offseason to improve on their deficiencies.

Now, if we get to the end of February, and we are still looking at potential holes at catcher, 2B, RF and in the rotation, I will likely be much more frustrated and cynical. But there's a long time between now and then, and I expect a lot to happen.

Remember, too, that this team may very well be looking at Jimmy Nelson as the TOR addition they were missing last year, and they would know better than anyone what his 2019 outlook looks like. But the fact that they have been linked to nearly every available starting pitcher out there makes be wonder if that is the case.

Posted: December 06, 2018, 1:11 PM Post
It's just so early to freak out. There is a large group of IF options still available to address a clear need, there is reportedly several good SPs on the market that I'm sure they're kicking the tires on. We're the smallest market in the league, it is what is, we have to find value and just aren't going to be the ones dumping big money and able to mortgage our prospects for short term rentals because we can't spend money to replace them (or sign the player as the Cards I'm sure plan to do). I'd suggest rooting for the Yankee or Sawx otherwise because that's not going to change.

Last edited by tmwiese55 on December 06, 2018, 1:19 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: December 06, 2018, 1:17 PM Post
Don’t we have Aguilar? Why the melt down over Goldschmidt?

Posted: December 06, 2018, 1:25 PM Post
KCBrewerfan34 said:
Don’t we have Aguilar? Why the melt down over Goldschmidt?

It depends whether you feel 1st half Jesus or 2nd half Jesus is the one true Jesus. If he is 1st half Jesus, they are fine. If he is truly 2nd half Jesus, he is very much upgradable. My hope is obviously that he's 1st half Jesus, but I think the reality likely rests somewhere in between. Hopefully on the high end of that between space, though.

Last edited by Joey Meyer Bombs on December 06, 2018, 1:25 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 93 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply