LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

[ 3 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Maikel Franco

Offline  Maikel Franco

Posted: December 05, 2018, 9:44 PM Post
I saw his name brought up in one of the Phillies trade threads. I like the idea of making a move for him. He was about average-ish last season but I still like his potential with 3 years of control left. Not sure how they view him and what it would cost. I read some initial interest by the Padres already. I know the Brewers are in a win now mode(or should be) but I'd still like them to investigate some potential upside moves. I think Franco fits the bill. With his contact ability and some power maybe he's an adjustment away from being a star. At worst he's a nice bat off the bench who can put the ball in play and a platoon partner with Shaw.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Maikel Franco

Posted: December 05, 2018, 9:50 PM Post
I wouldn't be a fan of this move. Guy makes too many outs and his defensive metrics over the last two years are not very good. Only has a .299 OBP over the last three seasons (1700+ plate appearances). And if looking for a platoon partner for Shaw, Franco has only slashed .238/.296/.424/.720 against lefties from 2016-2018.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Maikel Franco

Posted: December 05, 2018, 9:52 PM Post
He's 26 and over 2,000 plate appearances has shown himself to be a bad defender and average offensive player and that's unlikely to change as he has made consistently weak contact every year in the majors.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
 [ 3 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply