LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  [ 90 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Trevor Bauer

Offline  Re: Trevor Bauer

Posted: June 11, 2019, 3:29 PM Post
adambr2 said:
This is a guy who many didn't feel was worthy of a rotation spot. He didn't morph into an ace. He is what he has always been, a very nice back end of the rotation starter.

He's putting up numbers similar to 2016/2107 where he was a 2.6fWAR per season pitcher. If the Brewers had a back end of the rotation of 2.6fWAR, they would be in the running for best record in the NL and have the Dodgers worrying about how to match the Brewers.

JosephC said:
Stearns probably had no interest in getting a C because the Brewers need a C. It makes much more sense to trade for 3B when it's not needed, and then move the other 3B to 2B, then trade for a 2B, but since the 3B is now at 2B, then the new 2B goes to SS

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 13, 2019, 8:50 PM Post
How about a package with Carlos Santana?

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Trevor Bauer

Posted: June 14, 2019, 2:18 AM Post
Oxy said:

NO! Santana is set to make $21M next year and $17.5M in 2021. Bauer is arby eligible and due a big raise from his current $13M contract. Both are too expensive for the Crew.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 14, 2019, 6:40 AM Post
wntrtxn21 said:
Oxy said:

NO! Santana is set to make $21M next year and $17.5M in 2021. Bauer is arby eligible and due a big raise from his current $13M contract. Both are too expensive for the Crew.

Option year in 2021. Chacin, Anderson, Thames, Moose, Grandal and Gonzalez are all coming off the books next year (or could come off the books).
Their contracts would decrease the prospect capital we'd have to send them...assuming the Indians are looking for salary relief. It's all part of the negotiations, anyway. Santana is having a career year.

I'm fine with Thames/Aguilar for now...but I might not be in a month. Another switch hitter would be great. I've loved Grandal's ability from both sides.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 14, 2019, 8:00 AM Post
Oxy said:
wntrtxn21 said:
Oxy said:

Option year in 2021. Chacin, Anderson, Thames, Moose, Grandal and Gonzalez are all coming off the books next year (or could come off the books).
Their contracts would decrease the prospect capital we'd have to send them...assuming the Indians are looking for salary relief. It's all part of the negotiations, anyway. Santana is having a career year.

I'm fine with Thames/Aguilar for now...but I might not be in a month. Another switch hitter would be great. I've loved Grandal's ability from both sides.

If the tribe decides to sell, trading for both would be a truly all in move, filling our two biggest holes with top players at their positions. This would give us a great shot at a championship for the next 2 years. A true #1 to go with Woodruff giving us two starters that can compare with the best teams we’ll face in the playoffs.

Then adding a bat the quality of Santana helps our K prone lineup.

Trade Thames at the deadline and Anderson this offseason for prospects and salary relief. That’s Saves 1 mil this yr and 15 mil next yr

Bauer salary > 4 mil & 18 mil(est)
Santana salary > 7 mil & 21 mil

Then the prospects:
Santana & Bauer & 15 mil > Burnes & Supek & Ray & Dubon

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 29, 2019, 11:06 AM Post
If I’m Stearns I Trade for Bauer at the deadline, Then sell high on Hader, then trade for 2 rental pen arms.

I have my Ace for 2 years. My 2 pen arms with my Ace helps me win this year.

Then the day after this season is over I convince my owner to up the payroll for 1 year to 180 million, and I sign Garrett Cole, plug holes at C, and 3B, and then, I have the best rotation in baseball, a shutdown bullpen, powerful offense, and go win 118 games, with 65 sellouts, a deep run paying for the payroll and a real good chance to win a World Series. Finally, in the 50th year, and if I’m Mark Attanasio, I’m a hero, and it didn’t cost me a dime. And if I don’t win the series, I’m still a hero, because I upped the payroll for 1 year.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 29, 2019, 11:17 AM Post
Global Moderator
Not to say it’s impossible that they could coexist on the same team, but former college teammates Gerrit Cole and Trevor Bauer have a pretty well known dislike for one another.

One small correction, this is the 50th season of Brewers baseball. Next year will be the 50th anniversary (51st season). The Brewers actually mistakenly celebrated their “25th anniversary” in the wrong season (1994). It should have actually been the following season unless at the time they were counting the Seattle Pilots season (but they weren’t).

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 29, 2019, 12:19 PM Post
Eye Black said:
Not to say it’s impossible that they could coexist on the same team, but former college teammates Gerrit Cole and Trevor Bauer have a pretty well known dislike for one another.

One small correction, this is the 50th season of Brewers baseball. Next year will be the 50th anniversary (51st season). The Brewers actually mistakenly celebrated their “25th anniversary” in the wrong season (1994). It should have actually been the following season unless at the time they were counting the Seattle Pilots season (but they weren’t).

Thanks for the correct info, hoping Bauer and Cole have matured since college. Ha

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 29, 2019, 8:50 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
Eye Black said:

Thanks for the correct info, hoping Bauer and Cole have matured since college. Ha

You're going to be very disappointed. Bauer has not. I'm guessing the problem was always Bauer more than Cole...Bauer's a clown.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 29, 2019, 8:56 PM Post
OnTheBlack said:
Brew crew 92 said:
Eye Black said:

You're going to be very .disappointed. Bauer has not. I'm guessing the problem was always Bauer more than Cole...Bauer's a clown.

That’s ok, I’ll take a little Oakland A’s of the early 70s action, with those arms

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  [ 90 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply