LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 21  Next  [ 403 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Dallas Keuchel

Offline  Re: Dallas Keuchel
Posted: January 30, 2019, 7:16 PM Post
Please God no. No more Suppans.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 30, 2019, 7:20 PM Post
RockCoCougars said:

Huh?

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Dallas Keuchel
Posted: January 30, 2019, 7:26 PM Post
RockCoCougars said:

Why must every potential pitching acquisition be compared to Jeff Suppan? Are we seriously that traumatized that we have pitching free agent-induced PTSD? Keuchel is not even close to same pitcher that Suppan was.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 30, 2019, 7:29 PM Post
RockCoCougars said:

Keuchel's three year splits vs. Suppan's three year splits going into his first season with the Brewers:

Pitcher (Hand, Age)    K/9   BB/9   HR/9   AVG   WHIP   ERA-   ERA    xFIP   fWAR
------------------- --- ---- ---- --- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
Keuchel (LHP, 31) 7.3 2.66 0.92 .248 1.25 92 3.77 3.59 8.7
Suppan (RHP, 32) 5.2 3.10 1.10 .267 1.40 93 3.95 4.52 5.1

Not a very good comp.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 30, 2019, 7:31 PM Post
RockCoCougars said:

Try harder.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 30, 2019, 7:39 PM Post
Dallas would be a great fit for us. Like many people have said, hed be a guy we could count on to get into that 6-7 inning more times than not. Adding him to a valued deal would be huge.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 30, 2019, 7:55 PM Post
Why would anyone think this will be like Suppan type of deal.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 30, 2019, 8:09 PM Post
turborickey said:
82brewcrew82 said:
Only two things I'm relatively sure of at this point. One is that DS has his mits in all kinds of things. The second is that 100% of this board has zero notion of what those things are. That isn't a dig at anyone but if they do something it will be out of left field and won't be a routine rumor on some twitter feed weeks before it happens.

Fixed that for you.

No, there are people on here that know things......or at least have heard credible things....that the rest of us don't know about.

The bullpen is not our weakness, that starting pitching is. Till it proves otherwise, on paper, it’s a pretty bad group.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 30, 2019, 8:54 PM Post
Global Moderator
turborickey said:
82brewcrew82 said:
Only two things I'm relatively sure of at this point. One is that DS has his mits in all kinds of things. The second is that 100% of this board has zero notion of what those things are. That isn't a dig at anyone but if they do something it will be out of left field and won't be a routine rumor on some twitter feed weeks before it happens.

Fixed that for you.

Unless David Stearns is a BF.net member.....

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 30, 2019, 9:01 PM Post
reillymcshane said:
turborickey said:
82brewcrew82 said:

Fixed that for you.

Unless David Stearns is a BF.net member.....

I think he was last offseason, then got banned for trolling - I seem to remember a bio article talking about that crazy sleeve tatoo he got right out of high school, scripted "High Heat"...think he got it on his 19th birthday.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 30, 2019, 9:18 PM Post
82brewcrew82 said:
turborickey said:
82brewcrew82 said:

Fixed that for you.

No, there are people on here that know things......or at least have heard credible things....that the rest of us don't know about.

I know things. I've heard credible things. Things that none of you know about...

Of course, whether or not those are things you care about might be another matter entirely... [laughing]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 30, 2019, 9:22 PM Post
82brewcrew82 said:
turborickey said:
82brewcrew82 said:

Fixed that for you.

people guess, and people predict...that's about as far as it goes.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 30, 2019, 10:21 PM Post
I can promise you there are people here who know things. They're just not foolish enough to drop sensitive information on a public forum. Not talking about a potential Keuchel trade, just in general.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Dallas Keuchel
Posted: January 31, 2019, 7:24 AM Post
I just don't know. We saw some leaks with the Melvin regime, but Stearns seems to really keep things close to the vest, with only a very small circle of people privy to what is going on. The Grandal news came pretty much out of nowhere, and the fact that the team was able to keep that completely quiet speaks volumes for how they choose to do business. If Paul Crane has an actual source that pins the Brewers as one of the finalists for Keuchel, I can guarantee that source isn't from the Brewers. My guess is Crane knows someone in Atlanta's front office, or Keuchel's agent.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 31, 2019, 8:13 AM Post
I agree most if not all his moves can as a surprise to the fan base

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 31, 2019, 8:31 AM Post
I was on the fence with Keuchel, but after seeing his stats stay pretty consistent through the first three times through a batting order I'm sold. If he could be had on a 3 year deal, then go for it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 31, 2019, 9:01 AM Post
Wade Miley for a third of the cost makes more cents.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 31, 2019, 9:13 AM Post
Global Moderator
rickh150 said:

He makes more sense - but less cents. [smile]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 31, 2019, 9:25 AM Post
reillymcshane said:
rickh150 said:

He makes more sense - but less cents. [smile]

I make this joke every year with my advanced algebra students when they're learning about compound interest. They just plug in numbers and write down answers without thinking about how many digits to include, so I tell them to "round to the nearest penny because it makes more cents... get it? Cents?" Nobody has ever laughed. That's what makes it such a good joke.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 31, 2019, 9:26 AM Post
Keuchel or Miley. That is what i want. I am really fine with either but we need a lefty starter and more depth. I really think we land one

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 21  Next  [ 403 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply