LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  [ 184 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Dallas Keuchel

Offline  Re: Dallas Keuchel
Posted: February 02, 2019, 9:54 AM Post
Global Moderator
Mr Southpaw said:

Three years/$54 tops. I don't think that will cut it for Boris.

You are wrong! I am happy to take $54.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 02, 2019, 10:26 AM Post
Lol, good thing I checked page 8 before I replied with another picture of Boris.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 06, 2019, 2:54 PM Post
Can something just break here please. One way or another I just want him to sign somewhere so I can stop thinking about him joining the rotation.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Dallas Keuchel
Posted: February 11, 2019, 4:44 PM Post
I'll note that this guy isn't the most reliable source, so FWIW.

https://twitter.com/bucksbrett/status/1 ... 2483638272

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 11, 2019, 4:55 PM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
I'll note that this guy isn't the most reliable source, so FWIW.

https://twitter.com/bucksbrett/status/1 ... 2483638272

I'm just ready for these guys to sign with someone....

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 11, 2019, 5:28 PM Post
That’s pretty much what has been said for past month beside for Astros being out after Miley. Pitchers are reporting so think it’s just dumb on his behalf to still be holding out, his market isn’t getting any higher from here. Brewers hopefully set a date & said have to then otherwise we need to just focus on guys we have.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Dallas Keuchel
Posted: February 11, 2019, 6:12 PM Post
Waiting to see if Philly misses on Machado and Harper, they might pivot to Keuchel then. Sounds like it would be smart for Keuchel to wait a little while longer.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 11, 2019, 7:12 PM Post
Squirrel!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 11, 2019, 7:45 PM Post
Sorry but this guy is just out there IMO

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 11, 2019, 8:43 PM Post
YoungGeezy1 said:
That’s pretty much what has been said for past month beside for Astros being out after Miley. Pitchers are reporting so think it’s just dumb on his behalf to still be holding out, his market isn’t getting any higher from here. Brewers hopefully set a date & said have to then otherwise we need to just focus on guys we have.

Not sure why it matters to the Brewers to set a date. It's not like they're going to use that money somewhere else at this point.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 11, 2019, 8:48 PM Post
KCBrewerfan34 said:
Waiting to see if Philly misses on Machado and Harper, they might pivot to Keuchel then. Sounds like it would be smart for Keuchel to wait a little while longer.

This. 100% this. Keuchel will be a Phillie if they don’t land either. More than likely I think the Phillies are waiting to see if they can sign one or both. If they only get one, I see them pivoting to Keuchel or maybe Kimbrel. Either way, Keuchel signs after both Harper and Machado are signed.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 11, 2019, 8:56 PM Post
IMO if the Brewers get Keuchel they are definite back in the lead to win the NL Central.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 13, 2019, 9:27 AM Post
It still bothers me that the Braves are "in" on Keuchel. Especially considering how some talking heads makes that team's handful of pitching prospects seem almost god-like. The majority of those top guys are MLB-ready as well.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 13, 2019, 1:10 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
It still bothers me that the Braves are "in" on Keuchel. Especially considering how some talking heads makes that team's handful of pitching prospects seem almost god-like. The majority of those top guys are MLB-ready as well.

So what bothers you?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 13, 2019, 1:20 PM Post
PlayerHader said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

So what bothers you?

If a bunch of these guys are so great and ML ready, it would stand to reason that the Braves would have no need for Keuchel. Them being in on Keuchel, therefore tells me that perhaps the young studs that are already being appointed aces by media and fans are possibly instead overrated.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 13, 2019, 1:39 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
PlayerHader said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

So what bothers you?

If a bunch of these guys are so great and ML ready, it would stand to reason that the Braves would have no need for Keuchel. Them being in on Keuchel, therefore tells me that perhaps the young studs that are already being appointed aces by media and fans are possibly instead overrated.

Well I'll take a couple of their guys if they sign Keuchel.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 13, 2019, 1:48 PM Post
Almost like a team that signed and traded for All Star outfielders with a young, breakout player bumped from his spot and also routinely signs veteran reclamation projects for their pitching rotation with lots of [less hyped] talent waiting in the minors.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 13, 2019, 1:49 PM Post
trwi7 said:

I agree. Burnes, Peralta and Woodruff don't even come close to touching where a few of their guys are ranked. Although I guess if they sign Keuchel, it would free them up to perhaps trade from their mountain of perceived high-end prospects to shore up a different spot on their roster. That organization is known for hugging the heck out of its prospects, though, so I don't see that happening.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 13, 2019, 1:53 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
trwi7 said:

I agree. Burnes, Peralta and Woodruff don't even come close to touching where a few of their guys are ranked. Although I guess if they sign Keuchel, it would free them up to perhaps trade from their mountain of perceived high-end prospects to shore up a different spot on their roster. That organization is known for hugging the heck out of its prospects, though, so I don't see that happening.

Folty, Newcomb, and Gausman are all guys that are probably the modern, "count on them for 4 or 5 and be happy if they go deeper than that" types. All of those guys have issues with early game pitch count if they're not on and can get up to 100 pitches by the 4th.

So why not have Toussaint, Soroka, Wright, Gohara, and Anderson all available to fill in via injury or piggyback those guys as a lockdown multi-inning reliever?

Teheran could be gone after this year, Gausman would be after next year, and they still have at least one spot open to be filled by that list. So just have those guys fill in then.

You've also got injuries or things like Teheran underperforming again and being yanked from a rotation spot.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 13, 2019, 2:01 PM Post
bill hAll Star said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
trwi7 said:

Folty, Newcomb, and Gausman are all guys that are probably the modern, "count on them for 4 or 5 and be happy if they go deeper than that" types. All of those guys have issues with early game pitch count if they're not on and can get up to 100 pitches by the 4th.

So why not have Toussaint, Soroka, Wright, Gohara, and Anderson all available to fill in via injury or piggyback those guys as a lockdown multi-inning reliever?

Teheran could be gone after this year, Gausman would be after next year, and they still have at least one spot open to be filled by that list. So just have those guys fill in then.

You've also got injuries or things like Teheran underperforming again and being yanked from a rotation spot.

Dang you and your logic LOL!

Yeah, it makes sense. But that isn't going to stop me from being a homer fan and saying that it would be a puzzling use of resources. If it is truly down to the Brewers and Braves for Keuchel's services (who knows if that is true or not), it doesn't take much of an argument to say that Keuchel is a better fit for the Brewers' roster both now and in the future as currently constructed. Of course, the only ones who know how each of these guys is truly valued are the teams themselves.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  [ 184 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply