LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next  [ 409 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Dallas Keuchel

Offline  Re: Dallas Keuchel
Posted: April 09, 2019, 2:09 PM Post
Brew4U said:
If he truly would accept a 1-year deal, I feel it would be done already. Maybe not with us but with someone.

Maybe. Other logical teams for Keuchel may be in the same scenario as the Brewers, "are we going to pull the plug on our plan for the season after only 2-3 games pitched by the starters?"

Or maybe he will only go on a one year deal to a few specific teams.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 09, 2019, 3:02 PM Post
Yeah, I'd do a big one-year deal. He would be asking for a pretty high salary, and rightfully so, but I think it's ultimately going to come down to holding out until the comp pick is a non-factor and choosing a team he wants to go to, with multiple teams making similar offers below his fancy.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Dallas Keuchel
Posted: April 10, 2019, 5:55 AM Post
Sign the guy already, get creative, do what we have to do. It’s not a panic move to sign an experienced lefty that will anchor our staff the rest of this year to a 1 year deal. Step up Mark.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 10, 2019, 7:18 AM Post
I think DS needs to get this done and if Nelson comes back we have a solid rotation. We all need there going to be up and downs with those young arms

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 10, 2019, 8:27 AM Post
Yes, get Keuchel in the starting rotation so we can move one of the young guys to the bullpen. Clears up two issues of the many we have with the pitching staff.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 10, 2019, 9:02 AM Post
If the Brewers offer a 1 year, 19 million dollar contract and the Yankees offer a 1 year, 19 million dollar contract, then Keuchel will be a Yankee. Boras likes to keep the normally big spending customers happy.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 10, 2019, 10:26 AM Post
Very much on board with Keuchel over Kimbrel at this point. Put Burnes or Woodruff back in the pen where they were such weapons last year.

Hader has shown that in today’s baseball you don’t need to be a starter to maximize your value to the team. As contrary as it runs to a century of baseball logic, with Counsell I believe we are better with a strong bullpen and ok rotation than a strong rotation and meh bullpen.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 10, 2019, 10:36 AM Post
If we get a healthy JJ and Nelson that would also help greatly.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 10, 2019, 10:39 AM Post
JosephC said:
If the Brewers offer a 1 year, 19 million dollar contract and the Yankees offer a 1 year, 19 million dollar contract, then Keuchel will be a Yankee. Boras likes to keep the normally big spending customers happy.

Keuchel gets to decide, not Boras.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 10, 2019, 5:14 PM Post
coolhandluke121 said:
JosephC said:

Keuchel gets to decide, not Boras.

It's also just pure conjecture that Boras would try to direct a player toward NYY on a 1 year deal as opposed to the Brewers.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 13, 2019, 7:45 AM Post
BuckyBrewer61 said:
Very much on board with Keuchel over Kimbrel at this point. Put Burnes or Woodruff back in the pen where they were such weapons last year.

Hader has shown that in today’s baseball you don’t need to be a starter to maximize your value to the team. As contrary as it runs to a century of baseball logic, with Counsell I believe we are better with a strong bullpen and ok rotation than a strong rotation and meh bullpen.

Agree wholeheartedly. When Knebel went down, it changed things in the pen. All the young starters are having trouble keeping hitters off their fastball. Their offspeed stuff just isn't up to par with top starters, and their breaking stuff is a mixture of hangers and pitches that are out of the zone out of their hand. I'd move both Burnes and Woodruff to the pen and insert Anderson and Houser until Kuechel is ready.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 13, 2019, 11:21 AM Post

Tom Petty Apologist
JackNicholson1974 said:
Is it fair to start questioning whether Keuchel and Kimbrel will play this year? I know it is a long season, and perhaps a starter or closer goes down soon or early, but even so, I would think that would only entice a team to pull the trigger on a one year deal - and I am sure there are already many one year deals out there for both of these guys.

What will change in the next week/month/season where a team will over pay in both dollars and years? I just dont see it happening.

I am sure both Keuchel and Kimbrel received multi year offers this off season. Maybe even 3 year offers. I am sure, at some point in the off season some team offered them a one year deal over the QO. They said no. I still do not see what will change in-season that will cause a team to go 4-5 years or at this point, even a one year deal north of 18 million a season. And again, I say this as "are they going to get MORE than what was offered in the offseason at this point, not, will they get signed eventually.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 14, 2019, 9:43 AM Post
JackNicholson1974 said:
JackNicholson1974 said:
Is it fair to start questioning whether Keuchel and Kimbrel will play this year? I know it is a long season, and perhaps a starter or closer goes down soon or early, but even so, I would think that would only entice a team to pull the trigger on a one year deal - and I am sure there are already many one year deals out there for both of these guys.

What will change in the next week/month/season where a team will over pay in both dollars and years? I just dont see it happening.

I am sure both Keuchel and Kimbrel received multi year offers this off season. Maybe even 3 year offers. I am sure, at some point in the off season some team offered them a one year deal over the QO. They said no. I still do not see what will change in-season that will cause a team to go 4-5 years or at this point, even a one year deal north of 18 million a season. And again, I say this as "are they going to get MORE than what was offered in the offseason at this point, not, will they get signed eventually.

The reports I’ve read and heard is kimbrel holding firm on multi-year deal.

While Keuchel likely to sign 1 year QO type deal.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 14, 2019, 12:00 PM Post
He will be a Padre.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 14, 2019, 12:25 PM Post
i would hate losing on Dallas to SD on a 1 year deal

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 14, 2019, 6:38 PM Post
Does signing Dallas cost us a pick?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 14, 2019, 6:53 PM Post
Yes, it would be our 4th for him or kimbrel.

At least up till the draft. After the draft there is no penalty.

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 17, 2019, 12:54 PM Post
Time to get a deal done. Burnes/Peralta aren't the answers in 2019.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 17, 2019, 7:58 PM Post
JohnBriggs12 said:
Time to get a deal done. Burnes/Peralta aren't the answers in 2019.

Four starts? Each needs at least another four starts.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 17, 2019, 8:56 PM Post
I am all for going with the young guns but Peralta is Hurt and Burnes is getting lit up.
It time to add Dallas and hopefully team him with a healthy Nelson

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next  [ 409 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply