LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 92 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Zack Greinke?

Offline  Zack Greinke?

Posted: January 21, 2019, 2:26 PM Post
No idea who this guy is an probably merit-less and I feel bad giving it attention since I don't know who he is but it's the offseason so...

https://twitter.com/Simplekindoffan/sta ... 9993355268

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Zack Greinke?

Posted: January 21, 2019, 2:31 PM Post
Was just gonna post the same thing lol. As far as I know, he's not an insider or anything so guess we wait and see.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 21, 2019, 2:32 PM Post
That seems like an oddly specific idea to throw out there. According to MLB Pipeline, the Brewers' #8-11 prospects are Zack Brown, Jacob Nottingham, Jake Gatewood and Payton Henry.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 21, 2019, 2:33 PM Post
This guy will earn a follow from me if we get Greinke in the next 48 hours and he's sorta kinda close on the package. I'd put odds of about 95% that this guy is full of it, would have been 99.9% except that Brett guy nailed the Moustakas trade out of nowhere.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 21, 2019, 2:33 PM Post
Yeah, I saw some Brewers bloggers retweeting this, which caught my attention for a second. BUT, there's just no way that this makes sense, right? Even if the Dbacks kicked in 35M, that would still be like us adding ZG for what would amount to a 3 year, 70M deal. No way we are throwing that type of money at a 35 year old pitcher. I'm calling BS on this tweet.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 21, 2019, 2:34 PM Post
iKezims said:
No idea who this guy is an probably merit-less and I feel bad giving it attention since I don't know who he is but it's the offseason so...

https://twitter.com/Simplekindoffan/sta ... 9993355268

This is how the HH situation got started and spiraled. Fun to speculate, but probably shouldn't take it any further than this. I suppose, if this deal was in fact true, is it something Brewer Fans would like?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 21, 2019, 2:35 PM Post
The Dbacks owe $95.5M over the next 3 years to Greinke, there are also $62.5M in deferrals over the life of the contract to be paid out from 2022-2026. Not an argument either way, just information to add to the discussion.

I edited the $65.5M to $95.5M, even CPA's can make simple math errors.....

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 21, 2019, 2:38 PM Post
Sigh, a 30 second inspection of this guys profile should have sufficed and avoided this thread.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 21, 2019, 2:38 PM Post
Total fool trying to get more followers with a fake tweet he will probably delete.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 21, 2019, 2:47 PM Post
Lucky for the **** that all the prospect rating sites have the same exact 4 players from 8-11 so it makes it so easy to just say 8-11 instead of the exact prospects.

JosephC said:
Stearns probably had no interest in getting a C because the Brewers need a C. It makes much more sense to trade for 3B when it's not needed, and then move the other 3B to 2B, then trade for a 2B, but since the 3B is now at 2B, then the new 2B goes to SS

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 21, 2019, 2:49 PM Post
I just don't want to throw Zach Brown in any deal that doesn't net us a true #1 starting pitcher. Greinke is no longer that guy.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 21, 2019, 2:49 PM Post
xisxisxis said:
Lucky for the **** that all the prospect rating sites have the same exact 4 players from 8-11 so it makes it so easy to just say 8-11 instead of the exact prospects.

I knew I should have ranked Cam Roegner higher!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 21, 2019, 2:51 PM Post
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say probably not.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 21, 2019, 2:51 PM Post
I'm really not sure how I can see this making sense for us. You never know, but sure seems BS to me

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 21, 2019, 2:54 PM Post
In all seriousness, Brewers On Deck is 6 days away. Based on past experience, I fully expect the Brewers to make a move this week. This team's media contingent and social media presence is ultra-cheesy like that.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 21, 2019, 2:57 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
Sigh, a 30 second inspection of this guys profile should have sufficed and avoided this thread.

Yep, I was intrigued, looked at his profile and...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 21, 2019, 2:58 PM Post
Yeah, I saw some Brewers bloggers retweeting this, which caught my attention for a second. BUT, there's just no way that this makes sense, right? Even if the Dbacks kicked in 35M, that would still be like us adding ZG for what would amount to a 3 year, 70M deal. No way we are throwing that type of money at a 35 year old pitcher. I'm calling BS on this tweet.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 21, 2019, 2:59 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
In all seriousness, Brewers On Deck is 6 days away. Based on past experience, I fully expect the Brewers to make a move this week. This team's media contingent and social media presence is ultra-cheesy like that.

Oh I agree, but given where our current payroll is sitting and the teams needs, I would think that paying $20M+ a year for an aged/aging pitcher is not Stearns idea of a good value. Now if he wants to sign Marwin Gonzalez and a mid rotation arm like Miley/Suckholz/Gonzalez/Pomeranz to a team friendly deal, I would kinda really like that...

JosephC said:
Stearns probably had no interest in getting a C because the Brewers need a C. It makes much more sense to trade for 3B when it's not needed, and then move the other 3B to 2B, then trade for a 2B, but since the 3B is now at 2B, then the new 2B goes to SS

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 21, 2019, 3:04 PM Post
If it was 2011 Greinke then sure. Or a true ace level pitcher (IDK say Kluber as a somewhat available guy) now I could see them 'overspending' if they think that's the last piece needed. But for current Greinke it just doesn't make sense.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 21, 2019, 3:07 PM Post
Global Moderator
Well Greinke did basically call Grandal the perfect catcher. A reunion on the horizon? Seems very unlikely with the financials involved, but it also wouldn’t be the first time a move came out of left field.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 92 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply