LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 92 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Zack Greinke?

Offline  Re: Zack Greinke?

Posted: January 21, 2019, 9:43 PM Post
brewmann04 said:
is this coming from High Heat?

Different guy. Who knows if its credible. He's standing by it on Twitter, though.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Zack Greinke?

Posted: January 21, 2019, 10:00 PM Post
He's owed $95.5 million over the next 3 years, gets $2 million if traded, has salary deferrals of $32.5 million from these 3 years, and has $3 million/season coming for his signing bonus.

Assuming the DBacks would be on the hook for the salary deferrals from 2016-2018, the $2 million trade bonus, and the remaining $9 million of his signing bonus...that leaves $95.5 million owed over the next 3 years (with $32.5 of it deferred). If they agree to cover the deferred money, that would leave $67 million for 3 years. It may be a lot to ask them to take off another $13m to get it to $54m ($18/yr).

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 21, 2019, 10:41 PM Post
DHonks said:
He's owed $95.5 million over the next 3 years, gets $2 million if traded, has salary deferrals of $32.5 million from these 3 years, and has $3 million/season coming for his signing bonus.

Assuming the DBacks would be on the hook for the salary deferrals from 2016-2018, the $2 million trade bonus, and the remaining $9 million of his signing bonus...that leaves $95.5 million owed over the next 3 years (with $32.5 of it deferred). If they agree to cover the deferred money, that would leave $67 million for 3 years. It may be a lot to ask them to take off another $13m to get it to $54m ($18/yr).

How is that deferred money spread?

Maybe the Brewers ought to take it on, if it isn't that much per year.

It either lowers what the Brewers would have to send to Arizona, it would allow the Brewers to get a couple of prospects back, or some combo of both...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 22, 2019, 7:53 AM Post
clancyphile said:
Mark A could happily pay money... and make the D-Backs pay in other ways (prospects).

I see no problem with taking on Greinke's full salary, provided Arizona hands over C Andy Yerzy, 1B Pavin Smith, LHP Alex Young, and OF Jake McCarthy.

The Diamondbacks have parted with prospects in the past to get rid of a contract. But I don't think that would be what they want to do now. After losing Goldy and probably Pollack, I assume they are going to keep every prospect and shoot for two years down the line.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 22, 2019, 7:56 AM Post
Global Moderator
Based on what I know of that guy and his profile, I really doubt he has any inside knowledge at all. I'm calling BS on this as well.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 22, 2019, 8:35 AM Post
Well at the best he got us to talk about this

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 22, 2019, 9:06 AM Post
Invader3K said:
Based on what I know of that guy and his profile, I really doubt he has any inside knowledge at all. I'm calling BS on this as well.

That is likely. But ... at least it is something to talk about in January. Say what you want about the HH fiasco a year ago, at least it kept things really interesting for a few months.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 22, 2019, 9:11 AM Post
First tweet was from his buddy saying "We got them to talk about it on the radio, lol"

Cmon, there was a Greinke thread already, nothing wrong with talking about a potential trade no matter how unlikely it is. But giving this guy the satisfaction of a whole thread about him is exactly what he wants. At least HH made it sound convincing for a while.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 22, 2019, 9:12 AM Post
Yes that is true think we can put this on the back burner.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 22, 2019, 9:13 AM Post
Lock it up. Burn it down. Get rid of this thread. Duped again!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 22, 2019, 9:23 AM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
First tweet was from his buddy saying "We got them to talk about it on the radio, lol"

Cmon, there was a Greinke thread already, nothing wrong with talking about a potential trade no matter how unlikely it is. But giving this guy the satisfaction of a whole thread about him is exactly what he wants. At least HH made it sound convincing for a while.

Are any of these Brewers Twitter regulars also regular posters here? Once in a while I recognize names and posting style, but for the most part its hard to tell. I believe that all the Twitter fools, if not posters, are lurking constantly. Hi guys!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 22, 2019, 9:25 AM Post
Brew4U said:

I don't think anyone was/is duped. There is a pretty high level of skepticism in fact.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 22, 2019, 9:32 AM Post
Like the previous poster said it got us talking late in Jan as we get closer to pitchers and Catchers reporting.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 22, 2019, 9:45 AM Post
I think Greinke will age just fine and since it is not my money I think 3/70 is a fair price especially if they took Chase as part for the deal. Braun coming off the books would help with year 3. Not sure I would give up a prospect like Brown though but maybe a guy like Supak if they insisted on something to sell it to their fans. That said I really doubt there is anything to this and not sure we would really need to take a risk like this with our young starters moving into the rotation soon. It would definitely brighten our prospects for this season though, we were reportedly interested in Happ and while he is a bit cheaper I think Greinke is better.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 22, 2019, 9:46 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Brew4U said:

I don't think anyone was/is duped. There is a pretty high level of skepticism in fact.

[laughing] Oh boy. It was a heavy dose of sarcasm my friend. [wink]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 22, 2019, 9:55 AM Post
Brew4U said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Brew4U said:

[laughing] Oh boy. It was a heavy dose of sarcasm my friend. [wink]

Apparently I haven't had enough coffee yet this morning ...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 22, 2019, 9:57 AM Post
FVBrewerFan said:

Hid "buddy" is also the guy that runs BrewCrewBall so I'm not sure what that means. If he is just making stuff up makes that site look pretty bad.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 22, 2019, 5:45 PM Post
I won't believe it until I heard it from @BrewerWorld

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 23, 2019, 2:17 AM Post
tmwiese55 said:
I'm really not sure how I can see this making sense for us. You never know, but sure seems BS to me

I wouldn't be 100 pct against this if that 35 million was closer to 55 million. I love Greinke, but he's not Greg Maddux and I don't think he's duplicating last years success and low BABIP.

Still a very good pitcher, not the guy we traded for the first time and not worth ~23 million per year. I'd have much rather signed another D-back, Corbin if we were going to pay a pitcher that type of money. A power lefty.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 23, 2019, 1:13 PM Post
Global Moderator
Toby and I tweet pretty frequently. I'm bradjiles on twitter

Joey Meyer Bombs said:
FVBrewerFan said:

Are any of these Brewers Twitter regulars also regular posters here? Once in a while I recognize names and posting style, but for the most part its hard to tell. I believe that all the Twitter fools, if not posters, are lurking constantly. Hi guys!

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 92 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply