LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 115 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Remaining top free agent predictions

Author Message
Online  Re: Remaining top free agent predictions
#61

Posted: January 29, 2019, 11:58 AM Post
Posts: 4018
Location: New Berlin, WI
MillerParkSouth said:
Brewers should just offer Machado 3 years/$100MM or something. We have Braun's salary coming off the books soon, the owners can certainly afford it and he would be absolutely perfect on this team. Let's go!


I'm pretty sure Machado would get stuffed head-first into a toilet by Aguilar if the Brewers signed him.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Remaining top free agent predictions
#62

Posted: January 29, 2019, 12:02 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5594
MillerParkSouth said:
Brewers should just offer Machado 3 years/$100MM or something. We have Braun's salary coming off the books soon, the owners can certainly afford it and he would be absolutely perfect on this team. Let's go!


As a Brewer fan first and foremost, I'm sure I'd eventually come around. But right now, the concept of this makes me want to vomit.

Yes, I realize they tried to get him at the deadline last year. In fact, I was excited about that opportunity. Things have drastically changed.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Remaining top free agent predictions
#63

Posted: January 29, 2019, 12:24 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1043
Location: Baltimore, MD
I think I'd get over it as soon as I thought of a lineup of: Cain, Yelich*, Machado, Shaw*, Braun, Grandal#, Aguilar, Hiura

I've lived in Baltimore the past 9 years, and while I was pretty disgusted with his antics last year too, I think we may be overblowing a REALLY bad stretch that we happened to be privy to having front row seats to last season. There are definitely some red flags, but his talent is pretty undeniable as well.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Remaining top free agent predictions
#64

Posted: January 29, 2019, 1:20 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 9375
I agree with Joey


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Remaining top free agent predictions
#65

Posted: January 29, 2019, 1:34 PM Post
Posts: 4018
Location: New Berlin, WI
MrAllen said:
I think I'd get over it as soon as I thought of a lineup of: Cain, Yelich*, Machado, Shaw*, Braun, Grandal#, Aguilar, Hiura

I've lived in Baltimore the past 9 years, and while I was pretty disgusted with his antics last year too, I think we may be overblowing a REALLY bad stretch that we happened to be privy to having front row seats to last season. There are definitely some red flags, but his talent is pretty undeniable as well.


As much as it won't happen, that lineup has me salivating. Throw Thames in there as DH or have Woodruff pitch and therefore hit as well...very few teams can match up with that lineup on paper.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Remaining top free agent predictions
#66

Posted: January 29, 2019, 1:41 PM Post
Posts: 3852
MrAllen said:
I think I'd get over it as soon as I thought of a lineup of: Cain, Yelich*, Machado, Shaw*, Braun, Grandal#, Aguilar, Hiura

I've lived in Baltimore the past 9 years, and while I was pretty disgusted with his antics last year too, I think we may be overblowing a REALLY bad stretch that we happened to be privy to having front row seats to last season. There are definitely some red flags, but his talent is pretty undeniable as well.


The thing is, there are quite a few teams that played the Orioles over Machado's stint there that can point to their own 'REALLY' bad stretches they witnessed 1st hand, too. The silence from around the rest of the league following Yelich's Game 4 postgame comment of Machado being a dirty player was awfully deafening.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Remaining top free agent predictions
#67

Posted: January 29, 2019, 1:42 PM Post
Posts: 507
I'd be over Machado's antics the second it was announced he was signing with the Brewers. Just the same, if he signs with a rival or a team standing in the way of the Brewers winning the World Series, I'll relish in disliking him very much.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Remaining top free agent predictions
#68

Posted: January 29, 2019, 1:48 PM Post
Posts: 83
Orlando Arcia is one of the biggest joys of watching Brewers baseball. Kid loves the game. When people say the Brewers have an amazing clubhouse its because of Orlando.

Now if you said offer Dallas this contract, I'd be all for it.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Remaining top free agent predictions
#69

Posted: January 29, 2019, 1:51 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1419
You know what would be a bigger joy than watching Arcia (who I like!)? Watching the Brewers in the World Series. The NL Central is going to be a bloodbath this year. If other teams are colluding to not pay top FAs what they're worth, the Brewers should swoop in and try to take advantage to improve their team. Machado is one of the best players in the game, he would look great wearing a Brewers uniform.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Remaining top free agent predictions
#70

Posted: January 29, 2019, 4:59 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3106
Location: California
MillerParkSouth said:
You know what would be a bigger joy than watching Arcia (who I like!)? Watching the Brewers in the World Series. The NL Central is going to be a bloodbath this year. If other teams are colluding to not pay top FAs what they're worth, the Brewers should swoop in and try to take advantage to improve their team. Machado is one of the best players in the game, he would look great wearing a Brewers uniform.

I agree. Lest we forget both the Cardinals (Harper and Machado) and Cubs (Harper) have been tied to the two biggest fish left. If one lands in StL or Chicago, that could very easily tip the division in their favor. If the Brewers can get Machado at their price point, you have to do it.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Remaining top free agent predictions
#71

Posted: January 31, 2019, 10:53 AM Post
Posts: 4018
Location: New Berlin, WI
From what I've personally seen recently. It appears the Padres, White Sox, and Phillies all want to add one of Harper/Machado as an impact talent. The Nationals are also in play for Harper to some degree. It's basically just enough bidders to keep the prices sky high for the players. Hopefully this saga ends soon, I still expect Harper to get over $300 million in guarantee. I also expect at least one of these two contracts to be obscenely complex...probably more complex than Pollock.

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/statu ... 7616128001


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Remaining top free agent predictions
#72

Posted: January 31, 2019, 11:42 AM Post
Posts: 4018
Location: New Berlin, WI
This meeting is quite the circus. One guy says the meeting is tomorrow, another says tonight, another says this afternoon. They all seem to have a source telling something. I don't think the Padres are a token bidder that's wasting their time. I also wouldn't be overly surprised if they got both Harper and then Realmuto. Harper was heavily lobbying for the Nationals to trade for Realmuto last year. Those 2 guys plus Hosmer/Myers could fit 2-5 in the lineup with young players/prospects filling the other spots, and then they just have to hope their ridiculously talented and deep minor league pitching pans out.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Remaining top free agent predictions
#73

Posted: January 31, 2019, 11:56 AM Post
Posts: 4018
Location: New Berlin, WI
This is pure gold. Because how could you possibly consider adding Harper if it meant you wouldn't know what to do with Travis Jankowski.

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1 ... 5194523650


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Remaining top free agent predictions
#74

Posted: January 31, 2019, 12:25 PM Post
Posts: 341
Location: Washburn, WI
KeithStone53151 said:
This is pure gold. Because how could you possibly consider adding Harper if it meant you wouldn't know what to do with Travis Jankowski.

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1 ... 5194523650


I’m by no means a Harper fan at all, but if you’re telling me you can’t find room for him on your team when you’ve finished below .500 8 seasons in a row, then I’m not sure what to tell you. They have a couple promising looking young guys, but they won’t all pan out.

They could trade a couple outfielders or option one and keep him as depth incase of an inevitable injury. In my opinion, it would be pretty easy to sort out.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Remaining top free agent predictions
#75

Posted: January 31, 2019, 12:34 PM Post
Posts: 4018
Location: New Berlin, WI
RollieTime said:
KeithStone53151 said:
This is pure gold. Because how could you possibly consider adding Harper if it meant you wouldn't know what to do with Travis Jankowski.

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1 ... 5194523650


I’m by no means a Harper fan at all, but if you’re telling me you can’t find room for him on your team when you’ve finished below .500 8 seasons in a row, then I’m not sure what to tell you. They have a couple promising looking young guys, but they won’t all pan out.

They could trade a couple outfielders or option one and keep him as depth incase of an inevitable injury. In my opinion, it would be pretty easy to sort out.


I mostly agree, but there are definitely cases where it would make no sense to add X player. For example, there's 0 reason the Blue Jays should be involved in Moustakas. The Padres don't really have anyone of Vlad caliber or even anyone projected to be a likely all-star in their outfield that's blocking Harper. As long as Harper or Myers can play some CF, they can easily mix in the best 2 of Reyes/Margot/Renfroe/Cordero into a bit of a rotation. Without looking, I suspect some of them could be optioned to maintain depth. Point is, Harper is so much of an upgrade over every one of those guys.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Remaining top free agent predictions
#76

Posted: January 31, 2019, 12:37 PM Post
Posts: 1324
KeithStone53151 said:
This is pure gold. Because how could you possibly consider adding Harper if it meant you wouldn't know what to do with Travis Jankowski.

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1 ... 5194523650


This is asset management gone crazy, no way those guys even come in the conversation as to why not to sign Harper.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Remaining top free agent predictions
#77

Posted: January 31, 2019, 2:20 PM Post

Tom Petty Apologist
Posts: 467
Imagine if Stearns had passed on Cain and Yelich because he was worried about having Broxton and Phillips manning CF and Lewis Brinson, Domingo Santana, Ryan Braun and potentially Hernan Perez all needing at bats in the OF...


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Remaining top free agent predictions
#78

Posted: January 31, 2019, 2:27 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 9029
JackNicholson1974 said:
Imagine if Stearns had passed on Cain and Yelich because he was worried about having Broxton and Phillips manning CF and Lewis Brinson, Domingo Santana, Ryan Braun and potentially Hernan Perez all needing at bats in the OF...


*shudder*


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Remaining top free agent predictions
#79

Posted: February 05, 2019, 9:38 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5594
Of the top 12 originally listed about two weeks ago, only Pollack and Miley have signed. A bit part of me still thinks Stearns is lying in the weeds for Marwin Gonzalez. Obviously the Brewers are being loosely connected to Keuchel. Moose, Gio, Jones, Iglesias and Harrison make at least a little sense as Brewer targets. I don't think there is any way they pursue Machado or Harper.

Kimbrel probably makes the least amount of sense on that list. Now watch Stearns do something crazy and sign him.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Remaining top free agent predictions
#80

Posted: February 05, 2019, 9:54 AM Post
Posts: 15726
PDCBalla said:
Orlando Arcia is one of the biggest joys of watching Brewers baseball. Kid loves the game. When people say the Brewers have an amazing clubhouse its because of Orlando.

Now if you said offer Dallas this contract, I'd be all for it.


3 years/$100M for Dallas Kuechel? Holy overpay.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 115 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Klements Bratwurst, Rillo, TooLiveBrew and 20 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test