LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 65 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Gio Gonzalez News

Offline  Re: Gio Gonzalez News

Posted: March 09, 2019, 2:30 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
Austin Tatious said:
Can we get Gio for one year, six million? I’d be for that if Keuchel isn’t going to happen.

IMHO take closer to 10+ mil. Still hoping we can sign him.

No one is giving Gio $10M at this point of the year.

Posted: March 09, 2019, 4:17 PM Post
Austin Tatious said:
Can we get Gio for one year, six million? I’d be for that if Keuchel isn’t going to happen.

That is the number I'd be shooting for now if I was his agent. But I also think that might even be a stretch.

I'd like to see the Brewers offer him a 1 year, 4 million dollar deal (but only if he is willing to pitch some innings out of the bullpen) and see if that would be the winning bid. An offer like that should at least be competitive.

Posted: March 09, 2019, 4:42 PM Post
JosephC said:
Austin Tatious said:

That is the number I'd be shooting for now if I was his agent. But I also think that might even be a stretch.

I'd like to see the Brewers offer him a 1 year, 4 million dollar deal (but only if he is willing to pitch some innings out of the bullpen) and see if that would be the winning bid. An offer like that should at least be competitive.

Think 4-6 mil too low, but if you guys are right and we could get Gio for that we should have signed him yesterday. He’s an experienced above average left-handed pitcher that this team can really use in their rotation. Other than Kimbrell, I can’t think of a move that would help this team more. Woody and his 98 mph bullpen FB soften the blow of no Jeffress.

Posted: March 10, 2019, 3:49 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
JosephC said:

Think 4-6 mil too low, but if you guys are right and we could get Gio for that we should have signed him yesterday. He’s an experienced above average left-handed pitcher that this team can really use in their rotation. Other than Kimbrell, I can’t think of a move that would help this team more. Woody and his 98 mph bullpen FB soften the blow of no Jeffress.

I'd rather have brought back Miley for 5 million than spend that much or more on Gio.

Posted: March 10, 2019, 4:00 PM Post
We don’t know if he would have signed with us for 5 mil. He might just want to pitch for the astros.

Posted: March 10, 2019, 8:14 PM Post
danzig6767 said:
Brew crew 92 said:
JosephC said:

I'd rather have brought back Miley for 5 million than spend that much or more on Gio.

We're on opposite sides of this fence on this one. An uncharacteristically decent 80 innings vs a really good career with a mostly off-year last season. It just seems like "what have you done for me lately?"

Posted: March 11, 2019, 7:12 AM Post
It would not hurt adding either Gio or Dallas into the rotation but think the Brewers are happy with their pitching as is.

Posted: March 12, 2019, 5:24 PM Post
brewmann04 said:
It would not hurt adding either Gio or Dallas into the rotation but think the Brewers are happy with their pitching as is.

It might hurt in 2 or 3 years adding Dallas...but I agree and you're right.

The Brewers can likely swing a trade for someone of Gio's value during the trade deadline if they're in need of a lefty starter or like they did with Gio, the waiver deadline.

Posted: March 12, 2019, 6:59 PM Post
I still hope we add Dallas but your right about finding a starter at the break

Posted: March 12, 2019, 7:48 PM Post
brewmann04 said:

I’m hoping we don’t need a starter at this years deadline. Price gonna be half the farm for some of these guys. Too many buyers in NL this year in all likely hood.

Posted: March 12, 2019, 8:12 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
brewmann04 said:

I’m hoping we don’t need a starter at this years deadline. Price gonna be half the farm for some of these guys. Too many buyers in NL this year in all likely hood.

Good point.

Online  Re: Gio Gonzalez News

Posted: March 13, 2019, 6:56 AM Post
Half blue but what if we sign Gio just to flip him at the deadline ourselves?

Posted: March 13, 2019, 7:26 AM Post
yes I agree thinking we might have add a pitcher earlier than hoping to find one later

Posted: March 13, 2019, 7:42 AM Post
I'm growing more and more convinced as each day passes that the Brewers aren't going to add anyone else. The fact that they have already decided that a seemingly healthy (albeit a little behind schedule) Nelson isn't going to start the season on the active roster is proof that they like where their starting pitching depth is at. Even with Nelson starting the year in extended Spring Training or on a rehab assignment, they still have Chacin, Anderson, Davies, Woodruff, Burnes, Peralta and possibly Tomlin to fight for 5 spots. Houser is either going to get a spot in the MLB pen or be in the rotation at San Antonio, so he's close as well. Then there's Derby and Brown who are next up. I wish one of those guys pitched with their left hand, but other than that, the depth is pretty dang good.

But guys like Kimbrel, Keuchel and Gonzalez gotta sign somewhere eventually, though, right?

Posted: March 13, 2019, 8:27 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
I'm growing more and more convinced as each day passes that the Brewers aren't going to add anyone else. The fact that they have already decided that a seemingly healthy (albeit a little behind schedule) Nelson isn't going to start the season on the active roster is proof that they like where their starting pitching depth is at. Even with Nelson starting the year in extended Spring Training or on a rehab assignment, they still have Chacin, Anderson, Davies, Woodruff, Burnes, Peralta and possibly Tomlin to fight for 5 spots. Houser is either going to get a spot in the MLB pen or be in the rotation at San Antonio, so he's close as well. Then there's Derby and Brown who are next up. I wish one of those guys pitched with their left hand, but other than that, the depth is pretty dang good.

But guys like Kimbrel, Keuchel and Gonzalez gotta sign somewhere eventually, though, right?

Right!! Agree with your assessment of brewers starting pitching. Just heard heyman say he thought Keuchel had some good offers and would sign soon but Kimbrel was in trouble. Signing Kimbrell would be the final piece.

Last edited by Brew crew 92 on March 13, 2019, 7:51 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: March 13, 2019, 9:22 AM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

Right!! Agree with your assessment of brewers starting pitching. Just heard heyman say he thought Keuchel had some good offers and would sign soon but Kimbrell was in trouble. Signing Kimbrell would be the final piece.

Relief depth is also very good, JJ or no JJ. Obviously Kimbrel would make it better, but I think they are fine there as-is. I wonder if there is some underlying reason Kimbrel hasn't signed anywhere yet? Something health related?

Posted: March 13, 2019, 11:57 AM Post
No JJ means we lose one of our three headed monster’s. I don’t think it’s going to be that easy to replace him, just slide another pitcher into a high leverage pressure situation. Kimbrel would give us that three headed monster back.

Posted: March 17, 2019, 10:30 AM Post
Jon Heyman of MLB Network reports that the Yankees have made a contract offer to Gio Gonzalez, but "there's a gap" between the offer and what Gonzalez is requesting.

Heyman notes that while there's "not a great deal of optimism" at the moment, "there’s at least reason to think both sides might want to come together." Unfortunately for Gonzalez, he wouldn't seem to have much of a bargaining position at this point, as the 33-year-old is coming off a down season and hasn't seemed to attract much interest on the free agent market. The Yanks could use a rotation placeholder with Luis Severino (shoulder) and CC Sabathia (heart, knee) slated to begin the year on the injured list, although it's unclear how close Gonzalez is to being game-ready.

Source: Jon Heyman on Twitter
Mar 17, 2019, 11:18 AM

Posted: March 18, 2019, 6:36 PM Post
yanks close to signing to a minor league deal worth up to 3 million

Posted: March 18, 2019, 6:38 PM Post
Nice to be able to put this thread to rest.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 65 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply