LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next  [ 733 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Kimbrel?

Author Message
Offline  Re: Kimbrel?
Posted: April 22, 2019, 8:25 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 9703
I am sorry but as much as i love the young arms boy have they struggled


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Kimbrel?
Posted: April 26, 2019, 9:34 AM Post
Posts: 3573
MrTPlush said:
Kimbrel is a different maker? Really? He is going to pitch 1000 innings in the rotation for us?



Why even make this post. There's almost zero chance you believe that Craig Kimbrel is NOT a difference maker.

If he's the same pitcher he's been his entire career, he's a big difference maker. If this is just your way to complain about the rotation and it's early struggles, then it doesn't really seem on topic.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Kimbrel?
Posted: April 27, 2019, 7:25 PM Post
Posts: 1232
MrTPlush said:
Kimbrel is a different maker? Really? He is going to pitch 1000 innings in the rotation for us?




Really? 1000 innings? Why bother doing anything then. Season's over. We're only 14-12 at the end of our toughest month and we've struggled with our starters. Definitely don't sign a guy like Kimbrel because you can't be a difference maker unless you throw 1000 innings. An obviously we won't get any improvement from our younger pitchers.


 Top
 
Online  Re: Kimbrel?
Posted: April 28, 2019, 6:05 AM Post
Posts: 2005
Some reports had Stearns wanting to wait on possibly signing kimbrel because he wanted to see how jeffress does.

Jeffress is NOT ok. He’s now just another pitcher.

Time to get the one pitcher we need to fix our biggest weakness, now. This should have been done weeks ago when he lowered his price to the bargain that he is.


 Top
 
Online  Re: Kimbrel?
Posted: April 28, 2019, 6:52 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 7967
'Some reports?' From who?


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Kimbrel?
Posted: April 28, 2019, 6:58 AM Post
Posts: 1828
The plan is to pick up relievers in June or July for prospects. I can't believe we can afford Kimbrel now after Grandal, Moose, and Gio.


 Top
 
Online  Re: Kimbrel?
Posted: April 28, 2019, 7:17 AM Post
Posts: 2005
PeaveyFury said:
'Some reports?' From who?


I don’t remember from who, but I’m not the only one who heard or read this. If I had to guess, heyman or rosenthal.


 Top
 
Online  Re: Kimbrel?
Posted: April 28, 2019, 7:20 AM Post
Posts: 2005
rickh150 said:
The plan is to pick up relievers in June or July for prospects. I can't believe we can afford Kimbrel now after Grandal, Moose, and Gio.


That’s 2-3 months away. Can we really go that long with zero high lev. Arms besides Hader?


 Top
 
Online  Re: Kimbrel?
Posted: April 28, 2019, 7:29 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 7967
Brew crew 92 said:
PeaveyFury said:
'Some reports?' From who?


I don’t remember from who, but I’m not the only one who heard or read this. If I had to guess, heyman or rosenthal.


I know you 'don't know how to provide links', but if you can't even remember where you read it, please excuse my skepticism.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Kimbrel?
Posted: April 28, 2019, 7:31 AM Post
Posts: 11988
Brew crew 92 said:
rickh150 said:
The plan is to pick up relievers in June or July for prospects. I can't believe we can afford Kimbrel now after Grandal, Moose, and Gio.


That’s 2-3 months away. Can we really go that long with zero high lev. Arms besides Hader?


Guerra's been fine. I think he'll be getting a lot more high leverage innings. Cubs and Cardinals haven't played each other yet, and should beat each other up enough to keep the division within reach. More offense up and down the lineup would help as would starters capable of going 6 innings.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Kimbrel?
Posted: April 28, 2019, 7:31 AM Post
Posts: 3573
PeaveyFury said:
'Some reports?' From who?



Yeah, that may be projection...or at BEST if it was in an actual "report," which are sadly now just tweets, it was likely someone else just guessing, "hey, if Jeffress fails, they'll really try and sign Kimbrel."

There's almost no chance that Stearns has actually come out and stated this.


 Top
 
Online  Re: Kimbrel?
Posted: April 28, 2019, 7:44 AM Post
Posts: 2005
JohnBriggs12 said:
Brew crew 92 said:
rickh150 said:
The plan is to pick up relievers in June or July for prospects. I can't believe we can afford Kimbrel now after Grandal, Moose, and Gio.


That’s 2-3 months away. Can we really go that long with zero high lev. Arms besides Hader?


Guerra's been fine. I think he'll be getting a lot more high leverage innings. Cubs and Cardinals haven't played each other yet, and should beat each other up enough to keep the division within reach. More offense up and down the lineup would help as would starters capable of going 6 innings.


3 good pitchers( Hader Guerra Claudio ) out of 8 not gonna cut it, imo.


 Top
 
Online  Re: Kimbrel?
Posted: April 28, 2019, 7:54 AM Post
Posts: 2005
HiAndTight said:
PeaveyFury said:
'Some reports?' From who?



Yeah, that may be projection...or at BEST if it was in an actual "report," which are sadly now just tweets, it was likely someone else just guessing, "hey, if Jeffress fails, they'll really try and sign Kimbrel."

There's almost no chance that Stearns has actually come out and stated this.


Stearns never comments on specifics, but doesn’t common sense dictate “hey, if jeffress fails, they’ll really try and sign kimbrel.”

Jeffress is not ok. We can rationalize Guerra closing, but we need another high leverage arm, imo.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Kimbrel?
Posted: April 28, 2019, 7:57 AM Post
Posts: 11988
"3 good pitchers(Hader Guerra Claudio) out of 8 not gonna cut it, imo."

I'd love Kimbrell too. It's not my money. But they can still look at a Jay Jackson who's been perfect at AAA or Deolis Guerra, who has some decent major league experience too. And they can hope Taylor Williams finds his groove or have Burnes re-emerge as a bullpen arm. I think the Alex Wilson experiment should be over. Albers still scares me every time he's out there but he's less bad enough to stick around for a few more weeks at least.


 Top
 
Online  Re: Kimbrel?
Posted: April 28, 2019, 8:20 AM Post
Posts: 2005
JohnBriggs12 said:
"3 good pitchers(Hader Guerra Claudio) out of 8 not gonna cut it, imo."

I'd love Kimbrell too. It's not my money. But they can still look at a Jay Jackson who's been perfect at AAA or Deolis Guerra, who has some decent major league experience too. And they can hope Taylor Williams finds his groove or have Burnes re-emerge as a bullpen arm. I think the Alex Wilson experiment should be over. Albers still scares me every time he's out there but he's less bad enough to stick around for a few more weeks at least.


Jackson, you and I agree. The rest no. Burnes should be in the rotation moving forward, unless he is still getting shelled, which I don’t think is going to continue.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Kimbrel?
Posted: April 28, 2019, 8:47 AM Post
Posts: 327
Hypothetically:

Jeffress goes down to improve velocity, Jackson up (DFA Spangenberg)
Wilson down (or DFA if needed), Hart up
Wilkerson shuttles with Houser, Williams, D. Guerra, and Burnes (when he gains some consistency).
Burnes could move the the 7th inning if Peralta looks decent in a rehab start. Peralta could replace the worst starter when he is ready.
Claudio and Hart should never face a right handed batter back to back.

SP: Gonzalez, Chacin, Anderson, Davies, Woodruff
7th: Claudio, Barnes, Burnes (eventually)
8th and 9th: Claudio, Hader, Guerra

This also might explain why I am under .500 in my fantasy league.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Kimbrel?
Posted: April 28, 2019, 2:35 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 9703
I think adding Kimbrel will be great for this bullpen


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Kimbrel?
Posted: April 28, 2019, 3:46 PM Post
Posts: 273
BrewCrewBlueDevil said:
Hypothetically:

Jeffress goes down to improve velocity, Jackson up (DFA Spangenberg)
Wilson down (or DFA if needed), Hart up
Wilkerson shuttles with Houser, Williams, D. Guerra, and Burnes (when he gains some consistency).
Burnes could move the the 7th inning if Peralta looks decent in a rehab start. Peralta could replace the worst starter when he is ready.
Claudio and Hart should never face a right handed batter back to back.

SP: Gonzalez, Chacin, Anderson, Davies, Woodruff
7th: Claudio, Barnes, Burnes (eventually)
8th and 9th: Claudio, Hader, Guerra

This also might explain why I am under .500 in my fantasy league.


Ok with Jeffress going down to find out what's his problem with velocity and location. Jackson has pitched well enough at San Antonio to get a look with the big club. He can't do any worse than Wilkerson, Petricka, Hart, Williams, Wilson, Houser, Burnes.
Forget about Hart. He is beyond horrible. He stunk last year for the O's and walked 4 in only 2 IPs in his short stint with the Crew. He is a LOOGY who is washed up. Hart is the leading candidate for DFA now that Petricka is gone. Claudio is the quintessential LOOGY. Horrendous against RH hitters (yesterday and today are examples). He's a one-out guy who cannot be out there in the 8-9th innings to face anything but lefties. Not much left for CC to choose from, like today's game showed.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: Kimbrel?
Posted: April 30, 2019, 11:07 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1103
Location: Baltimore, MD
Looks like the Kimbrel/Jeffress connection stems from this Morosi article on 4/16:

The Brewers are among the teams that have spoken with Kimbrel’s agent, David Meter, in recent weeks, but that interest comes with a qualifier: Milwaukee's need for Kimbrel is tied to the performance and durability of reliever Jeremy Jeffress, who has yet to pitch in the Majors this season because of weakness in his right (throwing) shoulder.

Jeffress, 31, has made four Minor League rehabilitation appearances for Triple-A San Antonio. He surrendered at least one run in each of them. If that trend continues once Jeffress returns to the active roster Tuesday, Brewers general manager David Stearns is likely to give Kimbrel more serious consideration.

https://www.brewcrewball.com/2019/4/16/ ... as-keuchel


 Top
 
Online  Re: Kimbrel?
Posted: April 30, 2019, 1:12 PM Post
Posts: 2005
MrAllen said:
Looks like the Kimbrel/Jeffress connection stems from this Morosi article on 4/16:

The Brewers are among the teams that have spoken with Kimbrel’s agent, David Meter, in recent weeks, but that interest comes with a qualifier: Milwaukee's need for Kimbrel is tied to the performance and durability of reliever Jeremy Jeffress, who has yet to pitch in the Majors this season because of weakness in his right (throwing) shoulder.

Jeffress, 31, has made four Minor League rehabilitation appearances for Triple-A San Antonio. He surrendered at least one run in each of them. If that trend continues once Jeffress returns to the active roster Tuesday, Brewers general manager David Stearns is likely to give Kimbrel more serious consideration.

https://www.brewcrewball.com/2019/4/16/ ... as-keuchel


Thank you Mr Allen.
I couldn’t remember where I read that, so I appreciate you finding that and posting it.


 Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next  [ 733 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Brew crew 92 and 12 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test