LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next  [ 150 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Giants Relievers...

Online  Re: Giants Relievers...

Posted: March 28, 2019, 6:01 PM Post
What team has WORSE options?

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Giants Relievers...

Posted: March 28, 2019, 6:10 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:

The Cubs' situation is pretty rotten right now. That's one.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2019, 6:14 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Brew crew 92 said:
Honest!! Am I the only one honest enough to say our closing options are the worst in mlb.

You know something we don't about Jeffress? Because all indicates are that he'll be back in two-three weeks.

No. But I don’t trust we’ll see the “good” jeffress next month. Like I been saying 84 mph scares me silly. Of course I hope I’m wrong on the jj front. But what’s wrong with covering all your bases? Seems that to be stearns m/o anyhow.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2019, 6:17 PM Post
You are also assuming that Kimbrel would accept a high dollar pillow contract. I think if he'd be willing to do that, he'd already be with a team.

Also, regarding Jeffress, they aren't going to let him set foot on a ML mound if he's only throwing 84.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2019, 6:18 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Brew crew 92 said:

The Cubs' situation is pretty rotten right now. That's one.

Agree and I hope it gets worse. But I’ll take cichek and strop over ours

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2019, 6:30 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
You are also assuming that Kimbrel would accept a high dollar pillow contract. I think if he'd be willing to do that, he'd already be with a team.

Also, regarding Jeffress, they aren't going to let him set foot on a ML mound if he's only throwing 84.

Not sure about, Red Sox cubs > zero $ to spend. > no offers.

Heard on mlb radio yest braves haven’t even made kimbrel a formal offer.

No ones offering him, maybe not even 1 for 20
1 for 18.5 with 2 mil buyout on mutual then

Your right with jj, but what if he at 92-93 when he comes back?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2019, 6:43 PM Post
1 dollar more than QO and he signs.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2019, 6:50 PM Post
A Swing and A Drive said:
I think the Brewers should save Corey Ray as a trade chip for a better deadline target. I also believe Ray could increase his trade stock with a solid start to season in the minors.

Speaking of Giant relievers, Brewers might be able to land a player like Mark Melancon for basically nothing and even have Giants kick in money to cover some of his contract.

I know he’s not the same pitcher he was, but he could bridge gap until either Jeffress or Knebel are healthy.

Have giants pay most of salary, we give em prospect. Watson Smith Id prefer smith but beggers can’t be..... this type of trade would help immediately which is what we need.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2019, 6:51 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
1 dollar more than QO and he signs.

You're making wild assumptions on things you just don't know. Bullpen help is something literally any team could use. You think it's a no-brainer to sign him, yet you think among all 30 teams not one is willing to pay him 1/19?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2019, 6:55 PM Post
Yes that’s what I think. All the big market teams up against tax and they not gonna spend.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2019, 7:01 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
Yes that’s what I think. All the big market teams up against tax and they not gonna spend.

All the? There are 4 teams that would go over the luxury tax by signing Kimbrel to 1/19. What's the excuse for the other 26?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2019, 7:20 PM Post
$$$ and need. I went through teams in kimbrel thread

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2019, 7:55 PM Post
Melancon & 25 mil > Grisham & lottery

Montoya & Smith > Ray & Stokes/Grisham & 2 lottery tickets

Smith & Watson > Ray & Stokes/Grisham

Watson > Stokes/Grisham

Smith > Ray

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2019, 10:13 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
Honest!! Am I the only one honest enough to say our closing options are the worst in mlb.

Delusional enough*

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 28, 2019, 11:04 PM Post
There is no way I trade Corey Ray for a relief pitcher. The likelihood of Braun declining and/or becoming even less durable in the next few years (and even as soon as this year) is very high.

Ray might be better than Braun right now. He certainly might be by 2020.

Just sign Kimbrel. One less yacht for Mark ain't gonna kill him. We have a window open right now, but are teetering way too close to 2012 Brewers-land

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 29, 2019, 5:04 AM Post
3and2Fastball said:
There is no way I trade Corey Ray for a relief pitcher. The likelihood of Braun declining and/or becoming even less durable in the next few years (and even as soon as this year) is very high.

Just sign Kimbrel. One less yacht for Mark ain't gonna kill him. We have a window open right now, but are teetering way too close to 2012 Brewers-land

Ok even if they sign kimbrel he not pitching for a while, need help the next month, I don’t like Ray as a fit with brewers, Ks a problem.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 29, 2019, 5:07 AM Post
IntentionalHBP said:
Brew crew 92 said:

Delusional enough*

Your certainly entitled to your opinion.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 29, 2019, 6:11 AM Post
3and2Fastball said:

Stearns can sign or trade for an outfielder if he needs one to replace Braun. Stearns values superior defense, hit tool, low Ks. Ray is none of those. If we can get Smith Montoya for Ray++ you gotta do it. I actually think giants don’t do the deal. Maybe they not all that high on Ray either.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 29, 2019, 11:32 AM Post
Count me as someone who wants Will Smith back in Milwaukee. However, with the Giants designating him as their "closer", I am guessing they will be holding him until the deadline the hope of maximizing his value. While I would think Stokes and Grisham for Smith is fair now, by the deadline I am guessing the Brewers would have to offer Ray and others as I expect Smith to be that good this season.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 29, 2019, 1:03 PM Post
Warning Track Power said:
Count me as someone who wants Will Smith back in Milwaukee. However, with the Giants designating him as their "closer", I am guessing they will be holding him until the deadline the hope of maximizing his value. While I would think Stokes and Grisham for Smith is fair now, by the deadline I am guessing the Brewers would have to offer Ray and others as I expect Smith to be that good this season.

Agree here^^
Watson maybe had now, overpay slightly, lose the battle but win the war.

Watson & Montoya = Ray & Stokes & lottery?

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next  [ 150 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply