LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  [ 356 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-04-15: Cardinals (Hudson) at Brewers (Peralta) [Brewers win, 10-7 -- Christian Yelich gives away a puppy, hits 3 home runs, tallies 7 RBI, makes sliding and diving catches, sheepishly obliges to curtain call]

Offline  Re: 2019-04-15: Cardinals (Hudson) at Brewers (Peralta) 6:40 PM CDT
Posted: April 15, 2019, 9:34 PM Post
Sweet! Nice offensive showing tonight. Man ... 4 hour 9-inning games though

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 15, 2019, 9:35 PM Post
adambr2 said:
I'm a little surprised they went right to Hader with a 4 run lead. It wasn't like he was in desperate need of work.

Problem was he warmed up already, so may as wee use him. Gettinf fully warmed up is basically the same thing as an actual appearance.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 15, 2019, 9:36 PM Post
Global Moderator
Well, a win vs St. Louis is always good, even if it’s a crazy game like this.

11-6? Yes, please.

- - - - - - - - -
P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 15, 2019, 9:36 PM Post
dlk9s said:
Pugger said:
dlk9s said:
Yelich gave a "my bad." Perhaps he didn't call Arcia off. Obviously, the outfielder has priority, but maybe Yelich wasn't sure if he could get to the ball and never called off Arcia.

Horsefeathers. That damn Arcia is a ball hog. He had no business going out there. [angry] He is a good defender but somebody has to tell that clown that he isn't the only guy out there to make a play.

You seem upset.

I would have been upset if that dufass injured Yelich.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 15, 2019, 9:37 PM Post
adambr2 said:
I'm a little surprised they went right to Hader with a 4 run lead. It wasn't like he was in desperate need of work.

Because the only guy left was Petricka and he didn't trust him to protect the lead against this team.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 15, 2019, 9:41 PM Post
RoCoBrewfan said:
I'm firmly convinced Arcia could go 4 for 5 with 3 dingers and 8 RBI, and people would still talk mad crap about him for making an out and call him names and whatnot. Dude is seriously the BF.net whipping boy.

It tends to be the SS too since the Brewers have only had one good one for multiple seasons since Yount and that was Hardy.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 15, 2019, 9:42 PM Post
RoCoBrewfan said:
I'm firmly convinced Arcia could go 4 for 5 with 3 dingers and 8 RBI, and people would still talk mad crap about him for making an out and call him names and whatnot. Dude is seriously the BF.net whipping boy.

He is an exciting player and suberb defender who I enjoy watching but he is still a ball hog. As I just said I would have been royally **ssed if Yelich got hurt on that play. Fly balls like that are for the outfielder.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-04-15: Cardinals (Hudson) at Brewers (Peralta) [Brewers win, 10-7 -- Christian Yelich gives away a puppy, hits 3 home runs, tallies 7 RBI, makes sliding and diving catches, sheepishly obliges to curtain call]
Posted: April 15, 2019, 9:44 PM Post
Global Moderator
After this game how many imposter puppy signs is Christian Yelich about to endure this season? [laughing]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 15, 2019, 9:44 PM Post
turborickey said:
Yup, Yelich is struggling...

Well, he apparently thought so. He said he went out four hours before the game for special practice with the hitting coach to make some adjustments.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 15, 2019, 9:52 PM Post
Global Moderator
Pugger said:
dlk9s said:
Pugger said:
Horsefeathers. That damn Arcia is a ball hog. He had no business going out there. [angry] He is a good defender but somebody has to tell that clown that he isn't the only guy out there to make a play.

You seem upset.

I would have been upset if that dufass injured Yelich.

Let’s leave “horsefeathers” and other mangled swearing connotations to filthier corners of the baseball internet.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-04-15: Cardinals (Hudson) at Brewers (Peralta) 6:40 PM CDT
Posted: April 15, 2019, 10:04 PM Post
Pugger said:
RoCoBrewfan said:

He is an exciting player and suberb defender who I enjoy watching but he is still a ball hog. As I just said I would have been royally **ssed if Yelich got hurt on that play. Fly balls like that are for the outfielder.

It’s Arcia’s ball until the OF calls him off. Be upset over Yelich misreading the ball off the bat and then having late communication with Arcia who very well could have gotten hurt on the play also.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 15, 2019, 10:49 PM Post
Global Moderator
RoCoBrewfan said:

I think anyone not named Yelich, Cain or Hader are the BF.net whipping boys at this point.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-04-15: Cardinals (Hudson) at Brewers (Peralta) [Brewers win, 10-7 -- Christian Yelich gives away a puppy, hits 3 home runs, tallies 7 RBI, makes sliding and diving catches, sheepishly obliges to curtain call]
Posted: April 16, 2019, 2:51 AM Post
This might sound dumb but wanna know my favorite part of the game was? When Hader gave up a first pitch fastball homer too Ozuna and Ozuna put his arm up and celebrated like he just won something big.

“Yes!!! I guessed right! I had a 1 and 50 chance of guessing where that pitch was going and I knocked it out!! That wasn’t lucky at all!!”

And what does Hader do? Yeah, strikes out the side

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 16, 2019, 5:46 AM Post
Global Moderator
Cardinals Manager Mike Shildt after the game: “You have tip your hat. It's unbelievable. It's almost like he's psychic."

I guess he’s implying that Yelich seems to know which pitches are coming? Kind of a strange.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 16, 2019, 8:06 AM Post
Harvey'sWBs said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
RoCoBrewfan said:

They needed someone to hate on following Villar's trade.

Perez is probably next in the line of succession for this high honor.

And, not to be that guy, but whipping boys are technically people who are innocent of any crime who have to take punishment on behalf of someone not allowed to be punished. A 53 OPS+ is anything but innocent.

Harvey, dropping logic!!!

lol

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 16, 2019, 1:38 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Eye Black said:
Cardinals Manager Mike Shildt after the game: “You have tip your hat. It's unbelievable. It's almost like he's psychic."

I guess he’s implying that Yelich seems to know which pitches are coming? Kind of a strange.

That's odd. When he's dialed in he mashes anything thrown in the strike zone, regardless of count or situation. He's not a guess hitter, he sees and reacts.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  [ 356 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply