LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22  Next  [ 424 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

This year's deadline

Offline  Re: This year's deadline

Posted: July 01, 2019, 12:08 PM Post
This isn’t a video game. And even at that, these trade scenarios are not good.

If you want Bauer, then trade for Bauer. Sell out and get him. But you don’t trade off your most valuable pitcher that would be needed in the playoffs anyways.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: This year's deadline

Posted: July 01, 2019, 12:14 PM Post
Brew4U said:
This isn’t a video game. And even at that, these trade scenarios are not good.

If you want Bauer, then trade for Bauer. Sell out and get him. But you don’t trade off your most valuable pitcher that would be needed in the playoffs anyways.

Also, dealing off another young, cost-controlled starter who is having a good season in Davies makes below zero sense.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2019, 12:17 PM Post
MrAllen said:
I'm not totally opposed to your logic, however, I think you are overrating every player you've mentioned the Brewers receiving. Bauer has a very mediocre 4.32 xFIP "right now" and has had several non-ace quality starts scattered throughout the season where he's given up at least seven earned runs twice, at least five earned runs four times, and at least four earned runs seven times. I still like him and would love him on the staff, but I think he's far from the "ultimate ace" or a guaranteed thing. As for the prospects, I know MLB's prospect rankings aren't the end-all, be-all, but only two of them barely scrape the top 100 list and non of them are expected to reach the majors for at least two more years as they're all in A+ right now. Regardless, it's a nice package, but if I'm giving up 4.5 seasons of Hader, I want to be completely blown out of the water and that doesn't do it for me.

Ok so maybe a little light on the prospects back from the Twins, so I also get Blaine Enlow, so I now get the 2 prospects @100 plus 2 more @ 125-175. Do we have a deal?

I just don’t care about Bauer’s stats, he was injured earlier in the year, and I think big things are in store for him the next 2 playoffs, and I want him to team up with Woody and Houser, making for a strong 1 2 3 then i get an opener for Peralta and sweep the 4 game series.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2019, 12:23 PM Post
Lol, Houser a 3? Oh my. Come on man. Please just be realistic.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2019, 12:34 PM Post
Brew4U said:

Easily a strong 3. Have you seen both of his FBs? His CB? His Slider? He’s arguably a potential #2. So yeah, a strong 3.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2019, 12:36 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
Brew4U said:

Easily a strong 3. Have you seen both of his FBs? His CB? His Slider? He’s arguably a potential #2. So yeah, a strong 3.

You know who is better? Zach Davies.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2019, 12:44 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Brew crew 92 said:
Brew4U said:

You know who is better? Zach Davies.

We’ll just see moving forward. Once Houser settles in as a starting pitcher again, which could take a few starts, the Houser doubters will be pleasantly surprised.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2019, 12:47 PM Post
Zach Davies (Age 22-26):
40 total wins / 3.90 ERA / 1.318 WHIP / 110 ERA+ / 4.16 FIP
Trevor Bauer (Age 22-26):
46 total wins / 4.49 ERA / 1.439 WHIP / 95 ERA+ / 4.625 FIP

You are vastly ignoring Davies and the solid work he has put in for the Brewers because you are not wowed by his stuff. It is not a great way to judge a pitcher. A lot of guys have great stuff but can they actually use it?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2019, 1:34 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Zach Davies (Age 22-26):

You are vastly ignoring Davies and the solid work he has put in for the Brewers because you are not wowed by his stuff. It is not a great way to judge a pitcher. A lot of guys have great stuff but can they actually use it?

Are you comparing Davies to Bauer? I hope not.

Davies is ok.

Bauer is a Verlander type horse that is able to throw more pitches and pitch deeper into games than any pitcher in baseball, that’s ready to explode this year and next.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2019, 1:43 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
Brew4U said:
Zach Davies (Age 22-26):

Davies is ok.

Bauer is a Verlander type horse that is able to throw more pitches and pitch deeper into games than any pitcher in baseball, that’s ready to explode this year and next.

People disagree with you. A lot. I think a lot of it is because many of your ideas are pretty outlandish, and you take offense whenever they are challenged. That’s not a great way to maintain sanity on a fan message board. In my opinion (by the way, that phrase would suit you well often)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2019, 1:43 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
Brew4U said:
Zach Davies (Age 22-26):

Davies is ok.

Of course it’s a comparison. What the hell else would it be? It shows you the production Davies has had during his age 22-26 years versus the guy you’re slobbering over while trying to dump Davies for whatever you can get.

Again, “stuff” doesn’t always correlate to being a great pitcher. Labeling guys aces doesn’t mean they actually are. It’d be great if you understood that. You probably wouldn’t get so much crap.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2019, 2:39 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Brew crew 92 said:
Brew4U said:
Zach Davies (Age 22-26):

Davies is ok.

Of course it’s a comparison. What the hell else would it be? It shows you the production Davies has had during his age 22-26 years versus the guy you’re slobbering over while trying to dump Davies for whatever you can get.

Again, “stuff” doesn’t always correlate to being a great pitcher. Labeling guys aces doesn’t mean they actually are. It’d be great if you understood that. You probably wouldn’t get so much crap.

Ok, I’ve stated my opinion, and you yours.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2019, 2:42 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:

Ok, I’ve stated my opinion, and you yours.

Stats aren’t opinion.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2019, 2:55 PM Post
The biggest issue is that BC92 doesn't ever state his opinions as opinions. It is rammed down our throats on an hourly basis as fact, and that is what often causes issues with other posters.

When you state obvious wishes, pipedreams, and opinions as facts, it rubs those of us who know they are not factual, the wrong freaking way.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2019, 3:01 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Brew crew 92 said:
Brew4U said:
Zach Davies (Age 22-26):

Davies is ok.

People disagree with you. A lot. I think a lot of it is because many of your ideas are pretty outlandish, and you take offense whenever they are challenged. That’s not a great way to maintain sanity on a fan message board. In my opinion (by the way, that phrase would suit you well often)

If I have to print imo any more than I already do I’m gonna puke. I think we’re all smart enough on this site to know none of us work in the Brewers front office, and EVERYTHING We say when arguing a point is an opinion.

And I get that people disagree with me a lot. And I admit I make more outlandish statements than anyone on this site. And I have been offensive. But I think that’s more in the past than lately. And if nothing else the devil’s advocate creates interesting thought.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2019, 3:06 PM Post
I don't even know why we're talking about Bauer when BC92 has already told us we have an ace waiting in the wings for the playoff push. His name is Drew Rasmussen.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2019, 3:32 PM Post
TigerUppercut said:
I don't even know why we're talking about Bauer when BC92 has already told us we have an ace waiting in the wings for the playoff push. His name is Drew Rasmussen.

If you actually read any of my posts regarding Rasmussen you’d know that I never said that. Like the proverbial fish story, just keeps growing and growing........

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2019, 4:35 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Brew crew 92 said:
Brew4U said:
Zach Davies (Age 22-26):

Davies is ok.

I read thru this page twice and I’m not the one taking offense. Three people, including you, admonished me or made snide comments towards me, without commenting on the topic. 2 or 3 on this site, do nothing but make snide comments towards me on my posts, without adding to the discussion. Those are the facts > not opinion.

Last edited by Brew crew 92 on July 01, 2019, 4:47 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2019, 4:47 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
I read thru this page twice and I’m not the one taking offense. Three people, including you, admonished me or made snide comments towards me, without commenting on the topic. 2 or 3 on this site, do nothing but make snide comments on my posts, without adding to the discussion. Those are the facts > not opinion.

You can quit the sob story. You’ve brought every bit of this stuff on yourself. Hell, you even admit you make more outlandish statements than anyone. People are going to call you out when you continue to do it. I called you out using actual facts (stats) using one pitcher you’d do just about anything to have and another you’d toss in the garbage for basically nothing. And you scoffed at it. Dismissed it. And added more of your opinion without adding a damn thing to the discussion. So spare me with this crap. Do better and people would leave you alone more. But you won’t. People see through you and your antics.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 01, 2019, 4:52 PM Post
Is Zach Davies a relative of yours?

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22  Next  [ 424 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply