LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  [ 424 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

This year's deadline

Offline  Re: This year's deadline
Posted: July 31, 2019, 7:39 PM Post
While I'm just as upset as anyone we didn't get a big named pitcher, the prices were just to high so we got what we could. It's not like any of these guys have not had success or have potential to have success. Pomeranz has been good out of the bullpen, faria had a good rookie year and won the minor league pitcher of the year award I'm pretty sure, ray throws 100....you can't find those arms often and lyles had in era under 2 in 9 starts. AGuilar didn't really fit this team and who knows whatd dubon would do. Frankly, if those guys mentioned and the guys that aernt having as great of years (cain, shaw, chacine) and play like they can, we make the playoffs, but if they don't, a ace starting 1 good starting pitcher or a relief pitcher still wont get us to the playoffs if guys continue to underperform imo. Non of these guys have played for us yet, I can't be to upset until after the year. Lets see what they can do.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2019, 4:55 PM Post
Given that Dubon is gone, Thames will be seeing a lot more L/L matchups with Aguilar gone, and Pomeranz has miserable numbers in a pitcher friendly park this year and Ray Black was deemed not good enough to make the 25 man roster over the recently DFAed Jay Jackson, I think one could make a pretty reasonable argument that Stearns managed to make both the MLB team and farm system worse on deadline day, not an easy task to pull off.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2019, 5:16 PM Post
MadThinker88 said:
And now we get to see which Danny appears on the mound on 8/1/19: The good Danny (Salazar) or the bad Danny (Salad Bar)..

Well on the 3rd pitch in, George Springer goes yard. Then a bloop hit. Then a loud out...
I get the sense this is Salad Bar on the mound for the Tribe tonight...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 02, 2019, 6:14 AM Post
Apparently there was not much interest in Freddy Galvis. He would have been an upgrade at utility IF, if not starting SSand surely wouldn’t have been a high cost considering the Jays want to play their prospects

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  [ 424 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply