LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 48 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Matthew Boyd

Online  Re: Matthew Boyd

Posted: July 04, 2019, 11:17 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
All your points are correct, except I would argue no pitcher in baseball is improving as quickly as Woodruff, with his trajectory being what it is, he’ll surpass Buehler any start now.

I think the BEST we could reasonably hope for is that he becomes as good as Buehler. I don't know how he'd surpass him unless Buehler regresses. Also, as pointed out, Buehler is younger. So why wouldn't HE continue to improve?

Buehler's stuff is better. Probably the best in the game.

Woodruff's great, but you get way to eager to anoint guys aces or place them over others. I mean...we had 4 aces right now and Rassmussen was gonna be one next year. Have you EVER actually seen a team with 4 aces, much less 5?
Just enjoy Woody throwing the ball well.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 05, 2019, 1:57 PM Post
OnTheBlack said:
Brew crew 92 said:
All your points are correct, except I would argue no pitcher in baseball is improving as quickly as Woodruff, with his trajectory being what it is, he’ll surpass Buehler any start now.

I think the BEST we could reasonably hope for is that he becomes as good as Buehler. I don't know how he'd surpass him unless Buehler regresses. Also, as pointed out, Buehler is younger. So why wouldn't HE continue to improve?

Buehler's stuff is better. Probably the best in the game.

Woodruff's great, but you get way to eager to anoint guys aces or place them over others. I mean...we had 4 aces right now and Rassmussen was gonna be one next year. Have you EVER actually seen a team with 4 aces, much less 5?
Just enjoy Woody throwing the ball well.

Ok, that’s fair. I still believe when all is said and done, between Burnes Woody Peralta Houser Rasmussen > Multiple TORs.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 11, 2019, 7:33 AM Post
OldHeidelberg said:
adambr2 said:
Am I wrong to think if Boyd is worth that much, then Woodruff should be worth even more? The breakout numbers for each are very, very similar this year. Woodruff is younger, has more club control and had better numbers coming into 2019.

I'm not suggesting trading Woodruff, just speaking in terms of valuation.

FWIW values from the trade value site:

Woodruff 29.5
Boyd 34
Davies 31.1

Woodruff's value has to be skyrocketing with every start but I would say these numbers are pretty up to date since they clearly reflect this seasons performance. No way I would trade Woody for Boyd, the years of control makes a huge difference.

Values today:

Woodruff 35.5
Boyd 34.4
Davies 30.2

So they do update this fairly regularly which is pretty cool.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 11, 2019, 8:22 AM Post
Do you want to trade Hiura for Boyd? The guy is emerging and under team control until after 2022. There is zero chance he is dealt to Milwaukee without Hiura going over to Detroit.

Detroit has all the leverage in this situation. They don't have a real reason to trade Boyd, so I'm sure they will ask for Hiura and say no to any counter-offers of lesser Milwaukee prospects.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 11, 2019, 8:45 AM Post
Jopal78! said:
Do you want to trade Hiura for Boyd? The guy is emerging and under team control until after 2022. There is zero chance he is dealt to Milwaukee without Hiura going over to Detroit.

Detroit has all the leverage in this situation. They don't have a real reason to trade Boyd, so I'm sure they will ask for Hiura and say no to any counter-offers of lesser Milwaukee prospects.

They reportedly asked for Tucker from Houston, a similar ranked prospect to Hiura, and were told no. If the Tigers take that stance they will be keeping Boyd, I wouldn't want the Brewers to pay what it will take even without Hiura. As I said above he was just another guy prior to the last 3 months.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 11, 2019, 8:58 AM Post
Jopal78! said:

Detroit's only real reason to trade Boyd would be to sell him at an extreme high. He's basically a league average pitcher who is having a career year. That is a kind of guy smart teams in the midst of a rebuild capitalize on.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Matthew Boyd

Posted: July 11, 2019, 9:18 AM Post
Boyd's has a 6.03 ERA over his last 6 starts - Strike outs are there, but stating to get back to his career numbers

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Matthew Boyd

Posted: July 11, 2019, 10:00 AM Post
Yeah, Boyd would cost us way too much - without much of a guarantee that the guy he was in the 1st half this year is the guy you would get moving forward. I would take a "hard pass" on Boyd right now because of those reasons.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 48 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply