LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next  [ 270 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Sell Mode: Now Buy Mode, We Got Lyles, Pomeranz, Black, and Faria!!

Offline  Re: Sell Mode: One Week to Decide...
Posted: July 22, 2019, 7:41 PM Post
sveumrules said:
The reason we got Moose & Grandal on cheap one year deals in the first place is because both players had soft markets.

The draft pick teams didn't want to give up to sign Grandal would have been a 40 FV prospect. I don't see anyone giving us anything better than that now for two months of Yasmani.

With the way teams value prospects I don't think two months of Moose gets you anything more than a 40 FV guy either.

I'll take two months of competitive baseball & a possible postseason berth over a couple two tree middling prospects.

Again, a very logical take, couldn’t agree more. So why not add what we need to fix our biggest holes and become better than competitive and compete for a championship. Can’t we possibly get better prospects than we give up after next year’s season by the trading of Yelich Hader Woodruff Davies Arcia?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 22, 2019, 7:56 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
sveumrules said:
The reason we got Moose & Grandal on cheap one year deals in the first place is because both players had soft markets.

The draft pick teams didn't want to give up to sign Grandal would have been a 40 FV prospect. I don't see anyone giving us anything better than that now for two months of Yasmani.

With the way teams value prospects I don't think two months of Moose gets you anything more than a 40 FV guy either.

I'll take two months of competitive baseball & a possible postseason berth over a couple two tree middling prospects.

Again, a very logical take, couldn’t agree more. So why not add what we need to fix our biggest holes and become better than competitive and compete for a championship. Can’t we possibly get better prospects than we give up after next year’s season by the trading of Yelich Hader Woodruff Davies Arcia?

Of course by trading those guys you guarantee the Brewers will be the Marlins for the next 3-5 years minimum. Prospects may turn out or may not turn into anything. Will any of them turn into a Woodruff, Hader, or Yellich. Chances are extremely against it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 22, 2019, 7:58 PM Post
According to sportsline, brewers have the best odds to trade for Noah if he is traded

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 22, 2019, 8:08 PM Post
wntrtxn21 said:
Brew crew 92 said:
sveumrules said:

Of course by trading those guys you guarantee the Brewers will be the Marlins for the next 3-5 years minimum. Prospects may turn out or may not turn into anything. Will any of them turn into a Woodruff, Hader, or Yellich. Chances are extremely against it.

Disagree.
Prospects that we trade can be replaced and then some. I believe Stearns to be as smart or smarter than most of his contemporaries. At worst a 2-3 year retool.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 22, 2019, 8:14 PM Post
Trading yelich and Hader before their contracts are set to expire would be the dumbest moves in the history of baseball..period. Are you going to explain that to the fans?? Good luck with that. Stearns would be the most hated man in the state maybe ever if he did something that stupid.

Last edited by Brewcrewin07 on July 22, 2019, 8:25 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 22, 2019, 8:25 PM Post
i know ds won't feel like he needs to add a top flight starter just because of Woody injury.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 22, 2019, 8:26 PM Post
brewmann04 said:
i know ds won't feel like he needs to add a top flight starter just because of Woody injury.

He should...if he goes with what they have, they will quickly fall out of contention, with a loss in that spot and Chacin's spot almost guaranteed every week.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 22, 2019, 8:29 PM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:
Trading yelich and Hader before there contracts are set to expire would be the dumbest moves in the history of baseball..period. Are you going to explain that to the fans?? Good luck with that. Stearns would be the most hated man in the state maybe ever if he did something that stupid.

I respectfully disagree.
The fans want a World Series championship. Players come and go. No one player is more important than the actual success of the team. But we’ll see what happens moving forward. Maybe Stearns will keep Yelich all 3 more years because we’re a championship caliber team all of those years. I doubt it, but it’s possible.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 22, 2019, 8:39 PM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:
brewmann04 said:

He should...if he goes with what they have, they will quickly fall out of contention, with a loss in that spot and Chacin's spot almost guaranteed every week.

We needed a starter or TWO before the injury!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 22, 2019, 10:17 PM Post
I'm not in the mood to really sell out side of Ben Gamel (to open room for Grisham) or a couple other folks near the bottom of the 40-man for some lottery tickets.

This is a team with excellent offense if Grandal and Moustakas return. There's just a bunch of pitchers who got hurt or were not as effective as hoped, especially in the bullpen.

If the Crew can find a bargain to help the pen, great. If not, stand pat. If they start slipping, call up Burnes, call up some of the others, and develop them for the 2020 and 2021 seasons.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 23, 2019, 10:47 AM Post
Another BS by Jeffress, Woody out 6weeks, the team needs too many additions to address and not enough ammo to do so. The team is filled with 4ERA types Starters to Hader. As great as Hader is, he needs a game off like last night and the end result was all to predictable. We now know Nelson will not bring an impact moving forward. Chacin's season. You're missing three now atop the rotation having to rely on this shaky bullpen. You sell Grandal and Moose. Simple as that. I'm sure we can gain 2 future top 100 types in doing so. Adding Ammo to trade for someone this offseason or next deadline. Understand, Those two will be gone, the prospects you used for rentals, in order to patch up a team with a Negative run differential in hopes to compete this year. Its not 1 guy. Unless Stearns makes 4 trades in a matter of 30mins of eachother, the Cubs or LA or Atl will find a way to steal one of those 4 we need seeing the buying Stearns is making. Say we trade for Thor. We need bullpen, Cubs/Atl beat the offer for whatever the top bullpen guy we target. Or we find that Bullpen guy, and some team outbids our offer trading for Thor. Think about Schoop vs Machado.
Not enough Ammo to buy the patches this team needs. I want to at least have a chance next season and the following few years to compete. Buying this year would cripple our ability for that. The idea of losing Hader/Yelich to regain the minors is idiotic. You do moves like that when they are rentals or in their last year of control. I cant see the additions to this team to not only beat the Dodgers, but whatever AL team we'd face in the World Series. No Home Field Advantage this year in either series.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 23, 2019, 10:53 AM Post
If prices for players are that high, it’d be a good time to sell.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 23, 2019, 10:58 AM Post
I will never get the love and absolute fascination so many here have for "prospects". Again, that's ALL they are...It maddens me to think so many want to stake the Brewers future on prospects that may or may not amount to anything. When possible, you ALWAYS acquire proven major league ready talent. If it costs you the entire farm but sets up your team for the next couple of years(like dealing for Thor and his control), then you absolutely 10000% do it. No questions asked. Also, I get tired of hearing the "moose and Grandal won't be here next year" mantra. NO ONE knows that. No one knows what Stearns and Mark A are thinking or have discussed internally. Maybe they are both back(I think it's possible), maybe one is and one isn't, maybe neither of them are, but to state it as 100% fact that they won't be really wrankles me. You have ZERO proof of that, don't state it factually until it is a fact.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 23, 2019, 11:07 AM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:
I will never get the love and absolute fascination so many here have for "prospects". Again, that's ALL they are...It maddens me to think so many want to stake the Brewers future on prospects that may or may not amount to anything. When possible, you ALWAYS acquire proven major league ready talent. If it costs you the entire farm but sets up your team for the next couple of years(like dealing for Thor and his control), then you absolutely 10000% do it. No questions asked. Also, I get tired of hearing the "moose and Grandal won't be here next year" mantra. NO ONE knows that. No one knows what Stearns and Mark A are thinking or have discussed internally. Maybe they are both back(I think it's possible), maybe one is and one isn't, maybe neither of them are, but to state it as 100% fact that they won't be really wrankles me. You have ZERO proof of that, don't state it factually until it is a fact.

Very angry today. Hiura was just a prospect about a month ago. There’s more than one way to skin a cat as there is to build a baseball team. The Brewers don’t have endless resources like some of the teams they compete with. IF the market is right to pick up some very talented prospects, I think they should do it. Those prospects can become currency too. Ya know, buy other players, like Yelich.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 23, 2019, 1:50 PM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:
Trading yelich and Hader before their contracts are set to expire would be the dumbest moves in the history of baseball..period.

The trade of Babe Ruth to the Yankees says 'hello'.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 23, 2019, 2:44 PM Post
cesser000 said:
Brewcrewin07 said:
Trading yelich and Hader before their contracts are set to expire would be the dumbest moves in the history of baseball..period.

Considering you're not even saying that a specific trade would be the dumbest move in the history of baseball, but ANY trade including those players would be the dumbest move in the history of baseball is really not a particularly informed post.

I'll take Fernando Tatis, Chris Paddack, Francisco Mejia and Mackenzie Gore for Hader. Or Yelich.

That would be an unrealistic, lopsided trade (THIS YEAR). One Year ago that would have been 4 prospects. Shrug.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 23, 2019, 2:53 PM Post
If some team wants to overpay for either Grandal or Moose i think DS needs to do it.The brewers have to many holes in the pen and rotation to be a WS contender imo.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 23, 2019, 3:16 PM Post
Oxy said:
cesser000 said:
Brewcrewin07 said:

Considering you're not even saying that a specific trade would be the dumbest move in the history of baseball, but ANY trade including those players would be the dumbest move in the history of baseball is really not a particularly informed post.

I'll take Fernando Tatis, Chris Paddack, Francisco Mejia and Mackenzie Gore for Hader. Or Yelich.

That would be an unrealistic, lopsided trade (THIS YEAR). One Year ago that would have been 4 prospects. Shrug.

You're crazy...that kind of an offer gets them hung up on by me for either one of those guys. Not to mention if Stearns traded either one of them before their final year, the fans would run him out of town with pitchforks. He would be the most hated man in Wisconsin sports history...guaranteed.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 25, 2019, 7:11 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Brewcrewin07 said:

Very angry today. Hiura was just a prospect about a month ago. There’s more than one way to skin a cat as there is to build a baseball team. The Brewers don’t have endless resources like some of the teams they compete with. IF the market is right to pick up some very talented prospects, I think they should do it. Those prospects can become currency too. Ya know, buy other players, like Yelich.

Yes, every single player ever was a prospect. Some people can be upset that fans like building teams the most logical and efficient way, I get annoyed when I hear the same things over and over again about how you ALWAYS trade the prospects for the proven MLB talent every single time.

There's 100 years of trades that tells you that's just a ridiculous statement. Hell, even when it works it can end up being a historically bad trade like Doyle Alexander for John Smoltz. Alexander had a CC like 2nd half. Smoltz was a franchise-altering pitcher.

It just comes down to this, people who propose such things doesn't understand that it's not a matter of any one prospect. It's about building a system and out of that, trying to find the few guys who emerge. Most guys won't. They don't need to. There are a lot of minor leaguers. You only need 25 guys on a MLB roster.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 25, 2019, 7:21 PM Post
HiAndTight said:

Yes, every single player ever was a prospect. Some people can be upset that fans like building teams the most logical and efficient way, I get annoyed when I hear the same things over and over again about how you ALWAYS trade the prospects for the proven MLB talent every single time.

There's 100 years of trades that tells you that's just a ridiculous statement. Hell, even when it works it can end up being a historically bad trade like Doyle Alexander for John Smoltz. Alexander had a CC like 2nd half. Smoltz was a franchise-altering pitcher.

It just comes down to this, people who propose such things doesn't understand that it's not a matter of any one prospect. It's about building a system and out of that, trying to find the few guys who emerge. Most guys won't. They don't need to. There are a lot of minor leaguers. You only need 25 guys on a MLB roster.

Ten years ago I understood the "Go for it NOW" mentality because of the sheer futility of the franchise for the 18-25 years before that time. The town and the stadium NEEDED playoff baseball. I think the last 10 years of being "okay" and touching the playoffs a few times actually makes it easier to re-build and do things the right way. The town is still desperate for a WS opportunity, but the fanbase is strong enough to wait a few years to make it happen and hopefully make it happen repeatedly. That wasn't the case in 2006-2008.

The ages of Uecker and Selig is really the only motivation that might push the organization to sell out for the moment.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next  [ 270 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply