LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  [ 270 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Sell Mode: Now Buy Mode, We Got Lyles, Pomeranz, Black, and Faria!!

Offline  Re: Buy Mode: We Got Lyles!!
Posted: July 30, 2019, 8:50 AM Post
With the acquisition of Lyles we can finally put this thread to rest. It’s buying season boys!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2019, 8:57 AM Post
Still baffling how Pina was benched for Kratz last season with our best guess on justification being defense and pitch calling. And really no one ever asking why

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2019, 9:04 AM Post
tmwiese55 said:
Still baffling how Pina was benched for Kratz last season with our best guess on justification being defense and pitch calling. And really no one ever asking why

Was this meant for this thread? Seems odd. [laughing]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2019, 9:27 AM Post
It was in reference to like two posts earlier discussing Pina's D being better than Grandal. And then just a year ago Pina was benched for D, supposedly, we never got an answer to what was going on.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2019, 9:35 AM Post
tmwiese55 said:
It was in reference to like two posts earlier discussing Pina's D being better than Grandal. And then just a year ago Pina was benched for D, supposedly, we never got an answer to what was going on.

Kratz was going a good job handling certain pitchers. They found a hot streak with Pina catching certain guys and Kratz catching the rest. I think they explained that enough. Pina wears down if he’s the main guy. He’s better suited to split the load.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2019, 9:50 AM Post
but all talk of Pina previously was how good he was at all that. Then all of a sudden he's not good enough, need Kratzy in there hitting .100. Come this year, and the talk again is how Pina is good at it all. Then Pina is top 3 in gold glove last year. That was the point, that it didn't make sense to be using a known strength of Pina as the reason he was benched. Yes of course he couldn't do every day, but he should've been the big side of the split, not the small side. And no, the media ever really dug into it and put them on the spot as to why while the offense continued to struggle we continued to play a guy who couldn't hit. I actually had a wonder if that ball Pina took to the face had some lingering concussion issues or something so they wanted to limit him. Who knows, it's over now. They still got to game 7 of the NLCS.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Buy Mode: We Got Lyles!!
Posted: July 30, 2019, 9:54 AM Post
Brew4U said:
tmwiese55 said:

Kratz was going a good job handling certain pitchers. They found a hot streak with Pina catching certain guys and Kratz catching the rest. I think they explained that enough. Pina wears down if he’s the main guy. He’s better suited to split the load.

This exactly. Was the playing time that Kratz got last year warranted? Probably not. But he had a few clutch hits in August, and his increased playing time coincided with the team getting red hot, so I think his inclusion in the lineup every day was more a case of not wanting to upset the apple cart. Pina is younger, a better hitter and a better defender. Kratz just had timing on his side. Don't underestimate how crazy baseball managers are about routine and riding the hot hand.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Sell Mode: Now Buy Mode, We Got Lyles!!
Posted: July 30, 2019, 10:50 PM Post
Global Moderator
In terms of “selling” on a smaller scale, if the Brewers have no plans to add David Freitas to the major league squad this year I wonder if they could get a roll of the dice type prospect or two in exchange for him from a team such as the Athletics. Maybe they value him too much as an insurance policy?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2019, 11:27 PM Post
Hader and Peralta can’t be trusted. Time for a hard sell and regroup.

*half blue*

What is best in life? To crush the Cardinals, Cubs, and Manny Machado, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their fanboys.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 31, 2019, 7:13 AM Post
Eye Black said:
In terms of “selling” on a smaller scale, if the Brewers have no plans to add David Freitas to the major league squad this year I wonder if they could get a roll of the dice type prospect or two in exchange for him from a team such as the Athletics. Maybe they value him too much as an insurance policy?

With Grandal likely gone this year I think you'd need him next year. Correct me if I'm wrong of course if somehow they would be losing him in the offseason due to some rules. But, next year you'd be going in with Pina, him, Nottingham as your 3 catchers in the rotation

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  [ 270 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply