LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  [ 218 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition

Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: July 30, 2019, 10:39 AM Post
[Show] Spoiler
I Am HighHeat19

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM
PrinceFielderx1 Said:
If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: July 30, 2019, 10:41 AM Post
torts said:
[Show] Spoiler
I Am HighHeat19

A few cocktails on a Tuesday morning? Nice...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2019, 10:44 AM Post
His name really hasn't been brought up, but Aaron Sanchez appears to be back to full health, and brings Ace-type stuff and a pretty high upside. Just turned 27, and is controllable for 2+ seasons. He's a guy that would be a fun one to take a chance on.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2019, 11:05 AM Post
I'm going to amend my prediction...I will keep the poart the same about the Brewers acquiring one of those listed starters...OR it will be someone not even on that list, and not just a "bit" piece either..An impactful arm. One way or another, I'm betting they WILL have another starter.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2019, 11:23 AM Post
The more I think of it, Greinke makes a lot of sense if Arizona is tearing it down. If they can make the dollars and cents add up, he would be a great fit for this team.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2019, 11:29 AM Post
Global Moderator
Brewcrewin07 said:
I'm going to amend my prediction...I will keep the poart the same about the Brewers acquiring one of those listed starters...OR it will be someone not even on that list, and not just a "bit" piece either..An impactful arm. One way or another, I'm betting they WILL have another starter.

Well Mike Leake might be on the move before his start tonight.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2019, 11:46 AM Post
Harvey'sWBs said:
ThisIsMyCrew said:
Any interest in Caleb Smith if the Marlins?

He took a big step this year, but he has extreme fly-ball tendencies. Thus, he relies on pitching in a cavernous park—Miller would not play to his strengths at all.

Caleb Smith has fanned 11 guys per 9 innings. Pitching in Miller Park might not play to his strengths but 14 of the 17 HR he's allowed have been solo HR, and opponents are only slugging .314 with men on base against him. He bears down with men on.

I was at the game he pitched at Miller Park in early June. Yelich got him once and Moose twice in that game, all solo shots, but he did get 7 groundball outs in 5 innings.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2019, 11:53 AM Post
Eye Black said:
Brewcrewin07 said:

Well Mike Leake might be on the move before his start tonight.

Leake would be my target. The Mariners have shown they are more then willing to kick in money in trades and Leake wouldn't cost us a lot prospect wise. The real fun is that the Cards are still paying part of his salary, so acquiring him and have him start against them would really stick in their craw!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2019, 11:55 AM Post
Mike Leake is not good. If that’s the acquisition I might as well open up my “Sell Mode” topic and let’s get pieces on the move.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2019, 12:01 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Mike Leake is not good. If that’s the acquisition I might as well open up my “Sell Mode” topic and let’s get pieces on the move.

Thank You! No way to Mike Leake, how is he going to move the needle at all, other than he's a body to fill a spot in the rotation. That's it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2019, 12:02 PM Post
I won't say he's not good, just inconsistent. On July 12, he gave up 8 hits and 7 runs in less than one inning to the Angels. 7 days later a one hit, complete game against the same team.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2019, 12:03 PM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:
Brew4U said:

Thank You! No way to Mike Leake, how is he going to move the needle at all, other than he's a body to fill a spot in the rotation. That's it.

Not only that. But, he's a guy you'd have to find a spot for next year at 11M and I think I saw a 5M buyout for him in 2021. Cannot imagine a scenario in which Stearns would be interested in that.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2019, 12:18 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
I would rather have Lyles in the rotation than Leake. Look at Leake's home/away splits. He is benefiting from pitcher-friendly conditions in Seattle.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2019, 12:40 PM Post
My guesses...

Trevor Bauer, RHP, Cleveland Indians - Not Traded

Noah Syndergaard, RHP, New York Mets - Not Traded

Madison Bumgarner, LHP, San Francisco Giants - Not Traded

Robbie Ray, LHP, Arizona Diamondbacks - Yankees

Zack Greinke, RHP, Arizona Diamondbacks - Not Traded

Caleb Smith, LHP, Miami Marlins - Not Traded

Matthew Boyd, LHP, Detroit Tigers - Not Traded

Mike Minor, LHP, Texas Rangers - Twins

Zack Wheeler, RHP, New York Mets - Astros

Tanner Roark, RHP, Cincinnati Reds - Phillies

On a side note guess, Brewers get Dylan Bundy or Mike Leake plus random bullpen arm.

Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC42UlEqaIRsK4SCoIMoajvQ/videos?disable_polymer=1
Twitter
https://twitter.com/brewcrewreview1
Podbean
https://brewcrewreview.podbean.com/

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2019, 12:42 PM Post
Per Ken Rosenthal:
The #Mets scratched Ervin Santana from his Triple A start today. Syndergaard scheduled to pitch for them in majors tonight. Not known whether two are linked.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2019, 1:52 PM Post
Ken Rosenthal
@Ken_Rosenthal
26s

More evidence #Mets do not intend to take step back: Sources say team is asking for major-league or major-league ready pieces for Syndergaard, even from clubs with top farm systems.

In all honesty, the Brewers might be the best equipped of all contenders to be able to put something together(mostly because no one wants to sacrifice major league ready pieces).

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2019, 1:58 PM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:
Ken Rosenthal
@Ken_Rosenthal
26s

More evidence #Mets do not intend to take step back: Sources say team is asking for major-league or major-league ready pieces for Syndergaard, even from clubs with top farm systems.

In all honesty, the Brewers might be the best equipped of all contenders to be able to put something together(mostly because no one wants to sacrifice major league ready pieces).

I thought this same thing. Everyone talks constantly about prospect pools and rightfully so but blissfully ignores recently graduated from the farm or in the farm with major league experience.

Call me crazy but I would include Burnes, Peralta, + in an offer

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2019, 1:59 PM Post
Correct, with our MLB/AAA young pitchers in Peralta/Burnes, Grisham, plus the wild card of Moose/Grandal and how Mets would value them on expirings (tough to say since Mets are unpredictable) it could be the framework to something. Still, I think someone trumps what MKE is willing to do. I'm still doubtful MKE is willing to give up on Burnes, I think they still really think (weird phrasing) he's going to be very good. And I also don't think Mets trade him unless they get blown away

Last edited by tmwiese55 on July 30, 2019, 2:08 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2019, 1:59 PM Post
Unfortuately, the + would have to be Keston for Thor.

Thor being available was a smokescreen anyway.

They wanted to gauge which pieces that contending teams would be willing to part with and then try to pivot to selling the team Wheeler instead.

I would bet big money that Syndergaard isn't going anywhere this deadline.

Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC42UlEqaIRsK4SCoIMoajvQ/videos?disable_polymer=1
Twitter
https://twitter.com/brewcrewreview1
Podbean
https://brewcrewreview.podbean.com/

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 30, 2019, 2:12 PM Post
A Swing and A Drive said:
Unfortuately, the + would have to be Keston for Thor.

Thor being available was a smokescreen anyway.

They wanted to gauge which pieces that contending teams would be willing to part with and then try to pivot to selling the team Wheeler instead.

I would bet big money that Syndergaard isn't going anywhere this deadline.

I think assuming we know anything about what the Mets are going to do is stretching it, me included.

I will say I think you may be giving the Mets too much credit there in terms of potential creativity and intelligence.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  [ 218 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply