LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  [ 218 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition

Author Message
Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: July 30, 2019, 2:43 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 12709
Location: Milwaukee, WI
My question is, is Thor that good?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: July 30, 2019, 2:55 PM Post
Posts: 537
Brew4U said:
My question is, is Thor that good?


If he can get a pitching coach...He's a really good thrower, just hasn't transitioned into a pitcher yet....If that makes sense.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: July 30, 2019, 3:00 PM Post
Posts: 4393
Location: Madison, WI
I think he is, probably moreso than most pitchers who've been overblown of late such as an Archer and other examples. Heck, plenty of the other guys being thrown around this year as well.

He's had 4 seasons in the bigs with no seasons over a 3.2 ERA and had a 3.0 just last year in 25 starts. Throw in that you can see the TOR 'stuff' and yea I think he should be viewed this strongly. This year yes the numbers are down a bit though but throw in the mess of a team he's on and small sample. Also only age 26/27 and controlled for two more years he's the rare legit ace level type pitcher that's available to a team like us since he doesn't have a big contract.

Really, the Mets would be foolish to trade him. They need to just clean up their house around him. Him, Degrom, Stroman is like half of what you need to make the playoffs.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: July 30, 2019, 4:59 PM Post
Posts: 1802
Reds talking to Indians about Trevor Bauer....Huh??

Ken Rosenthal
@Ken_Rosenthal
·
Now
#Reds among teams talking to #Indians about Trevor Bauer, sources tell The Athletic. Outfielder Taylor Trammell, one of CIN’s top prospects, among names under discussion. Trammell has regressed this season, batting .236 with a .688 OPS at Double A. @TheAthleticMLB
.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: July 30, 2019, 5:15 PM Post
Posts: 3686
A Swing and A Drive said:
Unfortuately, the + would have to be Keston for Thor.

Thor being available was a smokescreen anyway.

They wanted to gauge which pieces that contending teams would be willing to part with and then try to pivot to selling the team Wheeler instead.

I would bet big money that Syndergaard isn't going anywhere this deadline.



No....no it would not. It would NOT cost Hiura+ anything for Syndergaard, certainly not Burnes+Peralta+Keston.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: July 30, 2019, 6:09 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1696
Brewcrewin07 said:
Reds talking to Indians about Trevor Bauer....Huh??

Ken Rosenthal
@Ken_Rosenthal
·
Now
#Reds among teams talking to #Indians about Trevor Bauer, sources tell The Athletic. Outfielder Taylor Trammell, one of CIN’s top prospects, among names under discussion. Trammell has regressed this season, batting .236 with a .688 OPS at Double A. @TheAthleticMLB
.

Buying when your practically out of it is the new market inefficiency?

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: July 30, 2019, 7:37 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 10030
So odd that the Yankees and Astros are interested in every freaking top arm on the trade block...

So frustrating that the haves are always in the mix for the big guns while the rest of us are picking up scraps like Jordan Lyles.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: July 30, 2019, 7:41 PM Post
Posts: 1802
turborickey said:
So odd that the Yankees and Astros are interested in every freaking top arm on the trade block...

So frustrating that the haves are always in the mix for the big guns while the rest of us are picking up scraps like Jordan Lyles.


Yes but it seems like no one wants to trade wit hthe Yankees, and that's fine with me. [smile]


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: July 30, 2019, 7:49 PM Post
Posts: 636
Syndergaard looks stellar tonight. Granted he’s facing the White Sox, but he’s blowing 98-100 by guys with sharp downward movement, slider is sharp too.

5 IP 1 H 0 ER 7 K so far


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: July 30, 2019, 7:55 PM Post
Posts: 1802
brooks_quichenick said:
Syndergaard looks stellar tonight. Granted he’s facing the White Sox, but he’s blowing 98-100 by guys with sharp downward movement, slider is sharp too.

5 IP 1 H 0 ER 7 K so far


God, I'd love to have him, he has been my preferred target all along.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: July 30, 2019, 9:05 PM Post
Posts: 1802
Mark Feinsand
@Feinsand
·
2m
Another GM on the Bauer deal: "Crazy that the Reds and Mets have acquired the two biggest players thus far. Throwing supply and demand out of whack." Contenders including the Yankees, Astros, Twins and Brewers still in search of a starter with 17 hours until the deadline.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: July 30, 2019, 11:34 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3255
Location: California
I want to win as much as the next guy but what gives you any modicum of confidence that the 2019 Brewers can compete with the Dodgers, Yankees or Astros? Heck maybe even the Nationals or Braves. 2018 Brewers were amazing and talented and played such good baseball. The inconsistency of the 2019 Brewers will not be solved by trading for Syndergaard or Wheeler or whoever else. Unfortunately this team will be better served by standing pat and hoping that the players that carried them to a game from the World Series in 2018 rebound. Short of that, there is no trade that can solve the inconsistencies found in the 2019 version of the Brewers.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: July 30, 2019, 11:44 PM Post
Posts: 108
Location: Baldwin, WI
Warning Track Power said:
I want to win as much as the next guy but what gives you any modicum of confidence that the 2019 Brewers can compete with the Dodgers, Yankees or Astros? Heck maybe even the Nationals or Braves. 2018 Brewers were amazing and talented and played such good baseball. The inconsistency of the 2019 Brewers will not be solved by trading for Syndergaard or Wheeler or whoever else. Unfortunately this team will be better served by standing pat and hoping that the players that carried them to a game from the World Series in 2018 rebound. Short of that, there is no trade that can solve the inconsistencies found in the 2019 version of the Brewers.

You don't need to be good enough to beat those teams on a consistent basis throughout the year. You have to be good enough to beat those teams for one 7 games stretch of games.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: July 30, 2019, 11:45 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 8062
StCroixCtyBrewer said:
Warning Track Power said:
I want to win as much as the next guy but what gives you any modicum of confidence that the 2019 Brewers can compete with the Dodgers, Yankees or Astros? Heck maybe even the Nationals or Braves. 2018 Brewers were amazing and talented and played such good baseball. The inconsistency of the 2019 Brewers will not be solved by trading for Syndergaard or Wheeler or whoever else. Unfortunately this team will be better served by standing pat and hoping that the players that carried them to a game from the World Series in 2018 rebound. Short of that, there is no trade that can solve the inconsistencies found in the 2019 version of the Brewers.

You don't need to be good enough to beat those teams on a consistent basis throughout the year. You have to be good enough to beat those teams for one 7 games stretch of games.


The playoffs are a whole different animal. Get there, and anything can happen. No one is handing the Dodgers, Astros or Yankees a World Series trophy yet.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: July 31, 2019, 8:13 AM Post
Posts: 986
Alex Wood is an interesting option. It assumes, of course, that the Reds acquired Bauer for 2020 and not for competing in 2019. One of the best pitchers likely to be available. The risk involved is that he's only pitched 16 innings between the minors and majors this year, but that perhaps also brings the acquisition cost down. If we're looking at rentals, he's one of my top choices.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: July 31, 2019, 8:18 AM Post
Posts: 4393
Location: Madison, WI
I could get behind that Alex Wood idea as well. I actually was just looking up his contract details and saw he's a FA. Maybe there is a reliever you can get with him too. I checked Hughes and he has a cheap team option for next year, which presumably we'd like, but if they're planning on contending next year they'd like to keep him.

Reds should have money to spend though. They might like the idea of keeping Wood and being the better position to resign him if he finishes well.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: July 31, 2019, 8:59 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3255
Location: California
https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/1156579200230404097

Fully expect this to get done and be completed underwhelmed.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: July 31, 2019, 9:05 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 8062
Warning Track Power said:
https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/1156579200230404097

Fully expect this to get done and be completed underwhelmed.


Leake is a hole-filler, but that's about it. But if the Mariners eat a big chunk of that contract, you can certainly do a lot worse for a back-end starter.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: July 31, 2019, 9:08 AM Post
Posts: 537
Warning Track Power said:
https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/1156579200230404097

Fully expect this to get done and be completed underwhelmed.


Since the M's got 17mil to cover the last three years of the deal, i wonder if the Brewers would get around $5mil to cover next season.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: July 31, 2019, 9:10 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3255
Location: California
Leake as a #5 behind Woodruff, Wheeler/Ray, Gio and Anderson is fine. The problem is getting that Wheeler or Ray type. A rotation of Anderson, Davies, Leake, Houser and Lyles just isn't good enough and the Brewers will fade.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  [ 218 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test