LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  [ 218 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition

Author Message
Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: July 31, 2019, 9:12 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 8062
Warning Track Power said:
Leake as a #5 behind Woodruff, Wheeler/Ray, Gio and Anderson is fine. The problem is getting that Wheeler or Ray type. A rotation of Anderson, Davies, Leake, Houser and Lyles just isn't good enough and the Brewers will fade.


Why would Woodruff be in scenario A but not scenario B?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: July 31, 2019, 9:15 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3255
Location: California
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Warning Track Power said:
Leake as a #5 behind Woodruff, Wheeler/Ray, Gio and Anderson is fine. The problem is getting that Wheeler or Ray type. A rotation of Anderson, Davies, Leake, Houser and Lyles just isn't good enough and the Brewers will fade.


Why would Woodruff be in scenario A but not scenario B?

My bad. I deleted a part of my post accidentally. Leake AND a Wheeler/Ray type would help carry the Crew until Woodruff came back. Wheeler/Ray, Anderson, Gio, Davies and Leake is decent. The problem is removing Wheeler/Ray and substituting Lyles or Houser (who is better in the pen) for them.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: July 31, 2019, 9:19 AM Post
Posts: 604
Location: Washburn, WI
Really don’t want Leake and his $15 million contract for next season, PLUS he has a $5 million buyout for 2021. I would much rather have the financial flexibility in the offseason to make moves than to be tied in to Leake. Even if the Mariners pay for the buyout and throw in another $5 million, is Leake really worth $10 million for next year or would you rather have that money available to be used toward a front of the rotation guy, a solid impact bat, or a couple good bullpen pieces?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: July 31, 2019, 9:22 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 8062
RollieTime said:
Really don’t want Leake and his $15 million contract for next season, PLUS he has a $5 million buyout for 2021. I would much rather have the financial flexibility in the offseason to make moves than to be tied in to Leake. Even if the Mariners pay for the buyout and throw in another $5 million, is Leake really worth $10 million for next year or would you rather have that money available to be used toward a front of the rotation guy, a solid impact bat, or a couple good bullpen pieces?


Having a guy like Leake available in 2020 theoretically stops them from going down the same troubled road they did by gifting rotation spots to Burnes and Peralta coming out of the gate.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: July 31, 2019, 9:24 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1033
Also, Cardinals are paying $4 million of Leake's 2020 salary so he'll only cost $11million next season.

Still not advocating that Brewers acquire him.

Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC42UlEqaIRsK4SCoIMoajvQ/videos?disable_polymer=1
Twitter
https://twitter.com/brewcrewreview1
Podbean
https://brewcrewreview.podbean.com/


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: July 31, 2019, 9:34 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 12709
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Mike Leake is not good. What the heck are we doing this year? Stearns have a drinking problem or what?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: July 31, 2019, 9:38 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 10030
According to Joel Sherman of the New York Post, the Mets are "still fielding calls" from nine teams on Zack Wheeler.

Sherman notes, however, that the Mets "have a price" and could elect to keep Wheeler beyond Wednesday's 4pm ET deadline if they don't get an offer that meets their expectations. The impending free agent right-hander has been connected to the Astros, Braves, Yankees, Brewers, Athletics, and Rays. He's sporting a 4.71 ERA, 1.27 WHIP, and 137/34 K/BB ratio in 124 1/3 innings (20 starts) this season.

Source: Joel Sherman on Twitter
Jul 31, 2019, 11:24 AM ET




I just don't see Wheeler as a needle mover if he is the best we can do...


Last edited by turborickey on July 31, 2019, 9:40 AM, edited 4 times in total.

 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: July 31, 2019, 9:38 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 10030
Joel Sherman of the New York Post hears that the Mets pulled Noah Syndergaard off the trade market Tuesday night.

Barring a last-minute surprise, Thor is going to stay put. It had been looking that way for a little while, as the Mets almost surely wouldn't have let him start Tuesday if they were really considering dealing him. It's possible a trade of the big right-hander will be revisited somewhere down the line, but he will finish out this season in Queens. The team is still fielding offers for Zack Wheeler.

Source: Joel Sherman on Twitter
Jul 31, 2019, 11:23 AM ET


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: July 31, 2019, 9:41 AM Post
Posts: 537
turborickey said:
According to Joel Sherman of the New York Post, the Mets are "still fielding calls" from nine teams on Zack Wheeler.

Sherman notes, however, that the Mets "have a price" and could elect to keep Wheeler beyond Wednesday's 4pm ET deadline if they don't get an offer that meets their expectations. The impending free agent right-hander has been connected to the Astros, Braves, Yankees, Brewers, Athletics, and Rays. He's sporting a 4.71 ERA, 1.27 WHIP, and 137/34 K/BB ratio in 124 1/3 innings (20 starts) this season.

Source: Joel Sherman on Twitter
Jul 31, 2019, 11:24 AM ET




I just don't see Wheeler as a needle mover if he is the best we can do...


3.65 FIP and 3.84 xFIP


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: July 31, 2019, 9:52 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3255
Location: California
turborickey said:
According to Joel Sherman of the New York Post, the Mets are "still fielding calls" from nine teams on Zack Wheeler.

Sherman notes, however, that the Mets "have a price" and could elect to keep Wheeler beyond Wednesday's 4pm ET deadline if they don't get an offer that meets their expectations. The impending free agent right-hander has been connected to the Astros, Braves, Yankees, Brewers, Athletics, and Rays. He's sporting a 4.71 ERA, 1.27 WHIP, and 137/34 K/BB ratio in 124 1/3 innings (20 starts) this season.

Source: Joel Sherman on Twitter
Jul 31, 2019, 11:24 AM ET




I just don't see Wheeler as a needle mover if he is the best we can do...

He's actually the one SP I want and would immediately try to extend him. If Burnes ever figures it out, a front of the rotation with Woodruff-Wheeler-Burnes could be real nice.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: July 31, 2019, 10:09 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1205
Warning Track Power said:
turborickey said:
According to Joel Sherman of the New York Post, the Mets are "still fielding calls" from nine teams on Zack Wheeler.

Sherman notes, however, that the Mets "have a price" and could elect to keep Wheeler beyond Wednesday's 4pm ET deadline if they don't get an offer that meets their expectations. The impending free agent right-hander has been connected to the Astros, Braves, Yankees, Brewers, Athletics, and Rays. He's sporting a 4.71 ERA, 1.27 WHIP, and 137/34 K/BB ratio in 124 1/3 innings (20 starts) this season.

Source: Joel Sherman on Twitter
Jul 31, 2019, 11:24 AM ET




I just don't see Wheeler as a needle mover if he is the best we can do...

He's actually the one SP I want and would immediately try to extend him. If Burnes ever figures it out, a front of the rotation with Woodruff-Wheeler-Burnes could be real nice.



I think in the Brewers current situation Wheeler is a needle mover. No, not an ace but he does have the ability\stuff to shut down the best lineups on a good day. He's instantly the Brewers best pitcher. I know that's not saying much [smile]. I still like this teams chances if they can get hot down the stretch.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: July 31, 2019, 10:09 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5417
Location: Phoenix, AZ
You can remove Syndergaard from the list as he is no longer available.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: July 31, 2019, 10:14 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 8062
It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see the Brewers grab Aaron Sanchez today. Ace-type stuff, but has been stung by injuries. One more arby year too. He's got the stuff that they seem to covet, though.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: July 31, 2019, 10:20 AM Post
Posts: 1802
Obviously a little less 4 hours to go yet so things can heat up in a hurry, but it sure doesn't look/feel like the Brewers will be getting the TOR arm I was hoping they would. It's so eerily quiet right now. If the best they can do for an arm is Leake/Wheeler, then just say the heck with it and don't bother, go with what you got and hope. I'm still hoping they are quietly working in the background on something for Robbie Ray And/or Greinke.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: July 31, 2019, 10:26 AM Post
Posts: 4393
Location: Madison, WI
NievesNoNO said:
Warning Track Power said:
turborickey said:
According to Joel Sherman of the New York Post, the Mets are "still fielding calls" from nine teams on Zack Wheeler.

Sherman notes, however, that the Mets "have a price" and could elect to keep Wheeler beyond Wednesday's 4pm ET deadline if they don't get an offer that meets their expectations. The impending free agent right-hander has been connected to the Astros, Braves, Yankees, Brewers, Athletics, and Rays. He's sporting a 4.71 ERA, 1.27 WHIP, and 137/34 K/BB ratio in 124 1/3 innings (20 starts) this season.

Source: Joel Sherman on Twitter
Jul 31, 2019, 11:24 AM ET




I just don't see Wheeler as a needle mover if he is the best we can do...

He's actually the one SP I want and would immediately try to extend him. If Burnes ever figures it out, a front of the rotation with Woodruff-Wheeler-Burnes could be real nice.



I think in the Brewers current situation Wheeler is a needle mover. No, not an ace but he does have the ability\stuff to shut down the best lineups on a good day. He's instantly the Brewers best pitcher. I know that's not saying much [smile]. I still like this teams chances if they can get hot down the stretch.


I think we need a clear definition of needle mover. I never see it bbref or MLB network.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: July 31, 2019, 11:16 AM Post
Posts: 1418
The Mets have to be thee WORST team to deal with in all of baseball.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: August 03, 2019, 10:13 PM Post
Posts: 373
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see the Brewers grab Aaron Sanchez today. Ace-type stuff, but has been stung by injuries. One more arby year too. He's got the stuff that they seem to covet, though.

Good call Joey, since he just went 6 innings for the Astros no hitter!


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition
Posted: August 04, 2019, 6:48 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 8062
Jaylyn said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see the Brewers grab Aaron Sanchez today. Ace-type stuff, but has been stung by injuries. One more arby year too. He's got the stuff that they seem to covet, though.

Good call Joey, since he just went 6 innings for the Astros no hitter!


Yeah ... disappointing. Sanchez would have been a perfect reclamation guy. Huge talent, but in need of a change of scenery.

I am hopeful that Faria shows that he also has that type of talent.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  [ 218 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test