LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next  [ 218 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition

Offline  Re: Starting Pitching - 2019 Trade Deadline Edition

Posted: July 25, 2019, 8:44 AM Post
KeithStone53151 said:

I've been wondering about the Rockies and selling. I'm sure Arenado would be super thrilled to sign a big extension and have the team sell hard during the last of his prime years.

Well, we can give them Moose and Shaw and we will take grumpy Arenado off their hands.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 25, 2019, 8:55 AM Post
I would have been in for Wheeler a few weeks ago, and Ray as recent as a few days ago...but the Brewers have slipped to only having the 7th best record in the NL. Now they have to overcome Woodruff's injury, can't even hold hope for a Chacin rebound, and the bullpen has really looked bad recently. I think I'd be out as an active buyer at this point. The team has just lost too many recent series to bad ballclubs.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 25, 2019, 9:41 AM Post
Fixed my error on Lynn, and added Dylan Bundy. He might be a fun buy low guy.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 25, 2019, 10:15 AM Post
I think I’d target Danny Duffy. He just screams Brewers “ace” to me. Steady just about every year. Seems pretty dependable. Adds a lefty to the staff also.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 25, 2019, 10:38 AM Post
Brew4U said:
I think I’d target Danny Duffy. He just screams Brewers “ace” to me. Steady just about every year. Seems pretty dependable. Adds a lefty to the staff also.

If they eat some money

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 25, 2019, 10:41 AM Post
mlloyd10 said:
Brew4U said:

If they eat some money

Getting $15M each of the next two years. Maybe eat a couple million but I don’t think it’s too far off from his value.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 25, 2019, 10:46 AM Post
JosephC said:
I would have been in for Wheeler a few weeks ago, and Ray as recent as a few days ago...but the Brewers have slipped to only having the 7th best record in the NL. Now they have to overcome Woodruff's injury, can't even hold hope for a Chacin rebound, and the bullpen has really looked bad recently. I think I'd be out as an active buyer at this point. The team has just lost too many recent series to bad ballclubs.

And with that being said, they could very easily win 2-3 or even sweep the Cubs and suddenly be in 1st place. Would that then change your perspective??

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 25, 2019, 11:47 AM Post
Brew4U said:
mlloyd10 said:
Brew4U said:

If they eat some money

Getting $15M each of the next two years. Maybe eat a couple million but I don’t think it’s too far off from his value.

Agreed. Plus the more they'd have to eat, the higher his cost would be in talent back. Considering the cost of reliable veteran starters, 2 years and just over $30 million seems reasonable. I think Duffy would benefit from a move to the NL by getting to face the opposing pitcher twice. He's got postseason experience too. Personally, I've always liked Duffy and he would fit in with ex teammates Moose and Cain.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 25, 2019, 12:04 PM Post
brewmann04 said:
I like to get a stud ace but don't think that can be done
I would not mind Lynn and Minor but can't see DS trading for 2 starters

I think DS would like to get a starter who's a solid 2-3 and hope for a month he can replicate something close to Woodruff and a solid 4-5 rental guy on the cheap who'd be an upgrade over what Chacin's given them this year.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 25, 2019, 2:50 PM Post
Sounds like Syndergaard is on the move. I highly doubt Brewers get him but just imagine if they did..

https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN/status/ ... 27008?s=20

[Olney] Rival evaluators say they believe the Mets are fully intent on dealing Noah Syndergaard before the trade deadline. “It’s beyond listening,” said one. “They want to move him.”

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 25, 2019, 3:18 PM Post
Marc Carig
@MarcCarig
Impression is that trading for Noah Syndergaard would require a top 30 prospect and a couple of other solid pieces, one rival exec said earlier today.

Please please PLEASE DS get this done...PLEASE I'm begging you.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 25, 2019, 3:22 PM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:
Marc Carig
@MarcCarig
Impression is that trading for Noah Syndergaard would require a top 30 prospect and a couple of other solid pieces, one rival exec said earlier today.

How are the Brewers going to find a Top 30 prospect? Conjure one out of thin air? Grisham and Turang are their best, and they are borderline Top 100 guys. They sure ain't trading Hiura for Syndergaard.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 25, 2019, 3:26 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Brewcrewin07 said:
Marc Carig
@MarcCarig

How are the Brewers going to find a Top 30 prospect? Conjure one out of thin air? Grisham and Turang are their best, and they are borderline Top 100 guys. They sure ain't trading Hiura for Syndergaard.

It could mean a top 30 organizational prospect. That of course is a starting point for the Mets...The Brewers have enough to get it done, if they iinclude Freddy and Burnes + stuff.

I know it wouldn't make any sense, but MAYBE just MAYBE Shaw is coming up because they are actually considering moving Hiura.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 25, 2019, 3:27 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Brewcrewin07 said:
Marc Carig
@MarcCarig

We can give them an assortment of 25 prospects.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 25, 2019, 3:28 PM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:
It could mean a top 30 organizational prospect.

[laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing]

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 25, 2019, 3:31 PM Post
trwi7 said:
Brewcrewin07 said:

[laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing] [laughing]

Seriously, have seen twitter chatter that people are trying to get clarification of that...this is the Mets we are talking about you know??

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 25, 2019, 3:36 PM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:
trwi7 said:
Brewcrewin07 said:

Seriously, have seen twitter chatter that people are trying to get clarification of that...this is the Mets we are talking about you know??

It obviously meant Top 30 MLB prospect. Would Peralta have that kind of value? Perhaps, but it would depend on the team.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 25, 2019, 3:37 PM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:
trwi7 said:
Brewcrewin07 said:

There is no need for clarification. If they were looking for a top 30 organizational prospect to start a freaking trade they would've said "We'll take whatever 3 crap prospects you offer. Here's our 30th best prospect and two others in the 31-50 range." Can guarantee that's not what they're asking for.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 25, 2019, 3:44 PM Post
As I said in the Shaw call up page, this smells like the beginning of other moves. I wouldn't want to deal Hiura for Syndergaard straight up. However, I won't be totally shocked if the Shaw move was the first domino to fall and Hiura is moved for Syndergaard. I wouldn't do it but I would understand it.

My best offer would be something along the lines of Peralta, Ray and Lutz and I HIGHLY doubt that gets it done.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 25, 2019, 3:44 PM Post
If Hiura is off limits, best case scenario is Peralta or Burnes would be a starting point for Thor. Turang I would assume is a non-starter as the headliner. Heck they may even want him as the 2nd piece pending how good the other offers are and how they value Burnes/Peralta.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next  [ 218 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply