LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next  [ 297 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Is it time to consider moving Hader

Offline  Re: Is it time to consider moving Hader
Posted: July 11, 2019, 8:34 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Brew4U said:
Braun is like a fine wine...

I see him as more of your favorite beer after it's gone skunky. It's been around awhile and won't be nearly as good anymore, but the liquor store is closed and you don't really have other options, so it'll get the job done.

Will you just be nice to him.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 11, 2019, 8:37 PM Post
I do cheer loud for him when I'm at MP. I promise.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 11, 2019, 8:44 PM Post
adambr2 said:
I do cheer loud for him when I'm at MP. I promise.

Good enough for me. [laughing]

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 12, 2019, 6:37 AM Post
adambr2 said:
Brew4U said:
Braun is like a fine wine...

I see him as more of your favorite beer after it's gone skunky. It's been around awhile and won't be nearly as good anymore, but the liquor store is closed and you don't really have other options, so it'll get the job done.

lol my first thought was to ask what shape the cork is in since that's what seals a wine's fate but I'm a wine guy so...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 02, 2019, 2:11 PM Post
I think they gotta move Hader this offseason. We've got a lot of holes to fill and his value probably peaked this past July...I could see his career blowing up real quick similar to a lot of other relievers. Still, he's the most dominant reliever in the game right now even with all the long balls.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 02, 2019, 6:46 PM Post
I still believe that we should move Hader but that has very little to do with not believing in Josh. I still think that he is the best reliever in the game but he is still just a reliever and teams are more willing than ever to overpay for bullpen arms.

I would only move him for a great package and I think that package will be out there from one of the desperate large market teams like LA or Houston especially if they fail to win it all. If we can get elite young in return I would do it and if that package doesn't present itself we still have Hader which is still a pretty great thing. I would be less willing to move him if our system wasn't in shambles with little to no top of the line prospects but we do need to replenish the system and Hader is probably the best way to do that.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 02, 2019, 8:38 PM Post
The last two posts are exactly how I feel about him. You won't get another chance to deal him for what he'll get now. I really don't know what that is though. Probably less than what people think, because he is still just a reliever. Prospects often suck, but we need them, and he is the best way to get them IMO. If it's underwhelming, roll with him. Summer of 2021 you're probably there with Yelich too, but this team could be so different by then he might be a huge piece of a title run.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 02, 2019, 8:50 PM Post
If we are talking about moving a player like Hader right now then try to move them all and just rebuild. Can’t do a half ass job doing that process and hope to succeed.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 02, 2019, 9:53 PM Post
If there is any team that would cough up quite a haul to get Hader, it would be the Dodgers in my opinion. I was one of the few that was seriously entertaining it at the deadline, but I still believe that if the Dodgers fall short again this season, they will go all out to try to win a ring. They have fallen short time after time and the fans and organization as a whole I think are getting a little antsy to make it happen. Hopefully the Dodgers fall short of the title and come looking our way and we can absolutely raid them. If there is one weakness in that Dodgers team, it’s their bullpen. They still lack that shut down guy and it wouldn’t surprise me if they come calling. I believe they were in on Vázquez of the Pirates around the deadline, but that didn’t exactly work out for anyone involved...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 02, 2019, 10:46 PM Post
Hader is the only expendable major trade chip we have and the Dodgers do match up well. If they come up and offer Ruiz, Rios and Santana for Hader. I believe I would do that. That trade would solve quite a few issues for the future. Then again, I'm sure the Marlins thought Brinson would be paying dividends now.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 03, 2019, 12:26 AM Post
Brew4U said:
If we are talking about moving a player like Hader right now then try to move them all and just rebuild. Can’t do a half ass job doing that process and hope to succeed.

Hiura, Grisham, Woodruff, and Yelich have trade value too, but that's pretty much it...even including minor leaguers...which is kind of sad. I think Grish and Woodruff are actually better than whatever their trade value is thought to be, and they are already young and controllable- so it'd be dumb to trade them. I don't think they could get proper value for Yelich either

I would be willing to move Hiura unless they are positive the DH is coming in 2021 (or maybe 2022), or if they are completely sold that he'll improve his D.

Hader just seems like a sell high guy to me, and we need young position players, so if you find a team willing to move a few of them I think now is the time to do it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 03, 2019, 5:46 AM Post
Jaylyn said:
Hader is the only expendable major trade chip we have and the Dodgers do match up well. If they come up and offer Ruiz, Rios and Santana for Hader. I believe I would do that. That trade would solve quite a few issues for the future. Then again, I'm sure the Marlins thought Brinson would be paying dividends now.

Rios is a DH. He's a butcher at 1B and much worse in the OF and 3B. No thanks. Santana stunk in AAA last year and has to prove he's even close to MLB material. Ruis is one of the top catching prospects, but not worth Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 03, 2019, 6:28 AM Post
Global Moderator
Brew4U said:

I don’t think trading Hader has to coincide with a “rebuild”. If the Brewers could get an MLB ready impact position player for Hader then they should consider it.

I think this ship has definitely sailed at this point, but as mentioned back in July, Gavin Lux could have been a good target for the Brewers. Lux’s stock has soared this season, so probably much less realistic now.

It certainly isn’t easy to do, but it’s not impossible to make a trade that helps both teams in the near term.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 03, 2019, 6:37 AM Post
Never say never, but I would be extremely surprised if they moved Hader this offseason. I get the feeling that the Brewers front office has a sky high value on him, and considers him a cornerstone and building block of this run. Part of me does wonder, though, what kind of value other organizations place on him.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 03, 2019, 6:46 AM Post
Maybe the Dodgers bullpen will blow a playoff series and then we could offer Hader up to them Dodgers for a package centered around Dustin May.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 03, 2019, 6:56 AM Post
If we are moving Hader to the Dodgers Gavin Lux is a must get. If they fall short yet again they may just be desperate enough to make that deal. If we can't get elite talent back we shouldnt move Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 03, 2019, 7:14 AM Post
brewers888 said:
If we are moving Hader to the Dodgers Gavin Lux is a must get. If they fall short yet again they may just be desperate enough to make that deal. If we can't get elite talent back we shouldnt move Hader.

For sure. If the team were to move Hader, the price would need to be sky high. I'm talking like a crazy sort of ask. Even then, I very much doubt he gets moved. Stearns seems like the type that would listen on anyone, though.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 03, 2019, 7:18 AM Post
If you are trading Hader for a guy like Gavin Lux who is MLB ready, then it makes a bit more sense. But you better be signing Pomeranz+ in that case.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 03, 2019, 7:42 AM Post
wntrtxn21 said:
Jaylyn said:

Rios is a DH. He's a butcher at 1B and much worse in the OF and 3B. No thanks. Santana stunk in AAA last year and has to prove he's even close to MLB material. Ruis is one of the top catching prospects, but not worth Hader.

Rios at 1b https://dodgerblue.com/dodgers-news-edw ... 019/07/01/. Doesn't appear to be a "butcher". That's Christian Santana 3b, not Dennis. Sorry for not making that clearer. Ruiz, #33 on top 100 Prospect Watch. For a one inning relief pitcher, who can only go every few days? I like Hader, but Brewers need to cash out now before he's traded in a couple of years for Jake Faria II.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 03, 2019, 7:46 AM Post
First taste of sustained success this decade and here we are wanting to trade of our best players that is one of the most essential pieces if we want to win it all.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next  [ 297 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply