LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next  [ 297 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Is it time to consider moving Hader

Offline  Re: Is it time to consider moving Hader
Posted: October 03, 2019, 7:48 AM Post
MrTPlush said:
First taste of sustained success this decade and here we are wanting to trade of our best players that is one of the most essential pieces if we want to win it all.

Moving Hader in a deal for a package centered around Gavin Lux who would solve our shortstop issues is hardly giving up our chances to win a championship.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 03, 2019, 7:57 AM Post
On that trade simulator site Hader has a value of 65.5 while Lux is at 86.6

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 03, 2019, 8:04 AM Post
MrTPlush said:
First taste of sustained success this decade and here we are wanting to trade of our best players that is one of the most essential pieces if we want to win it all.

One of most essential pieces is a one inning pitcher? Yelich is essential, Hader is a luxury. I see that kind of thinking everyday when i drive down the road and see a 50 thousand dollar truck parked in front of a 20 thousand dollar trailer!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 03, 2019, 8:07 AM Post
Yea if you can Lux, sure. But I don't think you're getting anything close to that level. If you got some Godfather type package, sure whatever do it. But I just don't think that's coming through and you're still trying to win the next few years with Yeli, Hader lines up exactly right with Yelich. He's crucial to winning.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 03, 2019, 8:10 AM Post
Hader is crucial to winning? He gave up 15 HR's in 75 Innings & couldn't throw strikes in the wildcard game.

Hader is crucial to winning in the sense that he has enough name recognition and past accolades that he could be a key portion of a trade that improves the ball club.

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 03, 2019, 8:12 AM Post
Global Moderator
Brew4U said:
On that trade simulator site Hader has a value of 65.5 while Lux is at 86.6

Back in July Hader was at 77.1 and Lux was at 62.5, but they have obviously been trending in opposite directions since then.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 03, 2019, 8:13 AM Post
3and2Fastball said:
Hader is crucial to winning? He gave up 15 HR's in 75 Innings & couldn't throw strikes in the wildcard game.

Hader is crucial to winning in the sense that he has enough name recognition and past accolades that he could be a key portion of a trade that improves the ball club.

your opinion is that Hader did not help them win games the last two years? Solid take.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 03, 2019, 8:16 AM Post
I’d argue starting pitching is a higher priority than SS which is why I’d center the deal around May. If he’s not already MLB ready he’s close. His ceiling is probably a #2, which is higher than anyone we currently have. Obviously you want to acquire the best talent available but I’m not sure LAD would move Lux, even for Hader.

Josiah Gray is another name that intrigues me. According to that simulator Hader for May and Gray is about even.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 03, 2019, 8:24 AM Post
Jaylyn said:
MrTPlush said:

One of most essential pieces is a one inning pitcher? Yelich is essential, Hader is a luxury. I see that kind of thinking everyday when i drive down the road and see a 50 thousand dollar truck parked in front of a 20 thousand dollar trailer!

Well since Hader isn't a one inning pitcher......

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 03, 2019, 8:25 AM Post
3and2Fastball said:

Thank you!! I know LA is not going to trade Lux. I'm shooting for a 1b,3b, and one of the minors top prospects in Ruiz. Ruiz teams with Pina. 1b and 3b are blackholes in our system, sorry Erceg and Gatewood, Rios and Santana have a better shot at contributing at the MLB level than they are. All for a one inning pitcher. Let's not repeat the mistakes we made with Domingo Santana and Jesus Aguilar and wait for Haders value to bottom out then trade.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 03, 2019, 8:27 AM Post
3and2Fastball said:

So you come to conclusions based on a single stat and one game. That's a pretty weak argument.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 03, 2019, 8:28 AM Post
Brewers: Hader- 66.5
Dodgers: May- 54.7, Gray- 11.5 = 66.2

According to that site, it is about as even as you get.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 03, 2019, 8:32 AM Post
I think the Brewers should hold out and demand Lux otherwise no deal. Dodgers will be desperate if they lose once again this year. I think if you play your cards right, you can pry someone like Lux from them. They don’t need him in their lineup right now like they need a shut down reliever. Plus they can just go out and drop $15 million on a SS or 2B to replace him at the drop of a hat.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 03, 2019, 8:35 AM Post
I think one of these teams that falls short this year especially if its LA again is going to be desperate enough to give what it takes to get Hader. To me that means a super elite every day prospect like Lux may just be in play and its the only way I am moving Hader. I am actually higher on our pitching situation than I am on our lineup and would be more than happy to get Lux in a deal for Hader.

We are probably losing Grandal and possibly Moose so offense is going to have to be a priority. Fact is our lineup didn't produce nearly enough for a team that had Yelich, Hiura, Grandal, and Moustakas so getting someone like Lux would be a big help.

If we aren't receiving a super elite prospect we should just hold on to Hader. If a rental reliever was able to get a prospect like Gleybor Torres in a deal I don't see why we can't possibly get Lux for Hader if they fall short again. If it turns out that Hader doesn't have that type of value we still have an elite reliever for the long term which isn't a bad outcome at all.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 03, 2019, 8:37 AM Post
My thought is LAD is going to avoid paying Seager big money when he comes up soon and have Lux take over for him and that's why they wouldn't give Lux up for Vasquez.

But really if Lux is really as good as he looks then there really isn't too many offers anyone can give them to make them give him up.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 03, 2019, 8:38 AM Post
RollieTime said:
I think the Brewers should hold out and demand Lux otherwise no deal. Dodgers will be desperate if they lose once again this year. I think if you play your cards right, you can pry someone like Lux from them. They don’t need him in their lineup right now like they need a shut down reliever. Plus they can just go out and drop $15 million on a SS or 2B to replace him at the drop of a hat.

Dodgers just as easily can go out and drop $15 million per year on the top reliever on the FA market this offseason. Money is no object to that team. If they deal off high value players for Hader, it's because they see him as significantly better than anything they can acquire with only money.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 03, 2019, 8:49 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
RollieTime said:

Dodgers just as easily can go out and drop $15 million per year on the top reliever on the FA market this offseason. Money is no object to that team. If they deal off high value players for Hader, it's because they see him as significantly better than anything they can acquire with only money.

Yea a quick glance through LAD payroll on Spotrac and it seems to me they clear off a lot of their dead contracts this year and should be in a very good financial position. Crazy how well run they've been. Must be nice to be an LA and Houston fan these days, loaded major league teams combined with loaded farms (though Houston's farm gave up a lot for Greinke).

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 03, 2019, 9:08 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
RollieTime said:

The difference there though is Hader is the cream of the crop for relief pitchers. They could sign a great free agent reliever and still not get a guy as productive and shutdown as Hader. I do understand your point though. That definitely is an option they could explore and I’m sure they will.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 03, 2019, 12:02 PM Post
That was his point. They could buy anyone, and if they choose Hader it's because he's better than what they can buy.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: October 05, 2019, 7:18 AM Post
Hader through a minor fit about his salary this offseason. It will be slightly more in 2020, but still below 1 million without arbitration. This uncomfortable situation is likely going to pop up again. It will be interesting to see if this prompts a multi-year contract to buy out some free agency years, saving the team a little in the long run, or if this prompts some trade rumors.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next  [ 297 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply