LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 85 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

#HugWatch 2019

Offline  Re: #HugWatch 2019

Posted: July 30, 2019, 6:55 PM Post
adambr2 said:
You never know but I really doubt there is anything to read into this. He is on rehab assignment and was pitching out of the pen prior to this so I really don't think him going 2 innings and being pulled after 35 pitches is alarming in any way.

But why would he start?? he could have just as easily come in out of the bullpen, if he was only going to throw 35 pitches.

Especially when you consider you can very easily make the case he wasn't even injured to begin with. Think he only went on IL because he was repeatedly getting shelled and they wanted to put him on the shelf for a bit.

Last edited by Brewcrewin07 on July 30, 2019, 6:57 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 30, 2019, 6:56 PM Post
Global Moderator
Brewcrewin07 said:
adambr2 said:
You never know but I really doubt there is anything to read into this. He is on rehab assignment and was pitching out of the pen prior to this so I really don't think him going 2 innings and being pulled after 35 pitches is alarming in any way.

But why would he start?? he could have just as easily come in out of the bullpen, if he was only going to throw 35 pitches.

What difference does it make?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 30, 2019, 6:59 PM Post
If i remember right, burnes was only planned to go either 2 or 3 innings. I don't remember which. I actually think it was 3, but i think the likelihood of this being trade related is low.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 30, 2019, 7:02 PM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
If i remember right, burnes was only planned to go either 2 or 3 innings. I don't remember which. I actually think it was 3, but i think the likelihood of this being trade related is low.

Probably true...I'm just searching/hoping for anything right now...want them to pull off at least one deal of substance, if not two or three.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: #HugWatch 2019

Brewcrewin07 said:

Especially when you consider you can very easily make the case he wasn't even injured to begin with. Think he only went on IL because he was repeatedly getting shelled

I don't think we can make that case at all. First, we're not privy to the medicals other than what they tell us, second, they could have easily just optioned him if they wanted to replace him on the roster, and third, if they were planning on shopping him in any way this deadline, do you really think they'd want to throw him on the IL with a phantom injury 2 weeks prior to the trade deadline?

I think you're reaching with this one.

Quote   Reply 

Looks like grisham hit another dinger?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 30, 2019, 7:03 PM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
Looks like grisham hit another dinger?

He did

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 30, 2019, 7:11 PM Post
My personal prediction is that we acquire Keone Kela and that is all. So Lyles and Kela. Obviously if something bigger happens I'll be excited.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 30, 2019, 7:13 PM Post
adambr2 said:
My personal prediction is that we acquire Keone Kela and that is all. So Lyles and Kela. Obviously if something bigger happens I'll be excited.

That would be an incredible buzzkill if true. If they don't get another good starter, they are toast the rest of this year.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 30, 2019, 7:18 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Brewcrewin07 said:
adambr2 said:

That would be an incredible buzzkill if true. If they don't get another good starter, they are toast the rest of this year.

Yeah it just seems like there are twice as many buyers as sellers, everyone is looking for pitching, and almost everyone can offer better prospects than we can.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 30, 2019, 7:21 PM Post
owbc said:
Brewcrewin07 said:
adambr2 said:

Yeah it just seems like there are twice as many buyers as sellers, everyone is looking for pitching, and almost everyone can offer better prospects than we can.

But all the rumblings are that teams aren't willing to give up their top prospects. Robert Murray said yesterday that Dubon was drawing "significant" interest.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 30, 2019, 7:22 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Yeah that seems to be the cause of the stalemate. We'll see if anyone caves tomorrow. But the clock is ticking on the possibility of multiple moves for the Brewers.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 30, 2019, 7:35 PM Post
Just an RBI single for Grisham in his 3rd AB. What a loser.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 30, 2019, 7:47 PM Post
Ugh.. Neither Dubon or Grisham are leaving this game early tonight...are they?? [sad] I guess I have to temper my enthusiasm unfortunately.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 30, 2019, 7:48 PM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:
Ugh.. Neither Dubon or Grisham are leaving this game early tonight...are they?? [sad] I guess I have to temper my enthusiasm unfortunately.

You do realize that trades can still happen till 3 p.m. tomorrow, right?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 30, 2019, 7:54 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Brewcrewin07 said:

Yes, of course I know that, but i was hoping they would already be close on something now, which would then lead them to sit/pull Grisham/Dubon. The fact that they haven't means they likely aren't close on anything, and if they are going to do something Big(ish), they aren't going to have a lot of time to get it done. You'd think the framework would be in place by now if that was the case. Even if they were gaining momentum in something you'd think as a precaution they would pull either one of them or both. Again, the fact that they haven't, doesn't bode well.

It's the same reason why Syndergaard made his start tonight, as a Mets exec said you can take that to mean, nothing is close to being done.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 30, 2019, 8:00 PM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Brewcrewin07 said:

Yes, of course I know that, but i was hoping they would already be close on something now, which would then lead them to sit/pull Grisham/Dubon. The fact that they haven't means they likely aren't close on anything, and if they are going to do something Big(ish), they aren't going to have a lot of time to get it done. You'd think the framework would be in place by now if that was the case. Even if they were gaining momentum in something you'd think as a precaution they would pull either one of them or both. Again, the fact that they haven't, doesn't bode well.

It's the same reason why Syndergaard made his start tonight, as a Mets exec said you can take that to mean, nothing is close to being done.

Having Grisham and Dubon in the Brewers system after tomorrow is certainly a decent consolation prize. I am skeptical on Grisham, but the more he hits, the tougher it is not to take this breakout seriously.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 30, 2019, 8:00 PM Post
Who said we are not close just maybe their not involved

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 30, 2019, 8:07 PM Post
brewmann04 said:
Who said we are not close just maybe their not involved

Then I doubt it would be anything real big if neither or both aren't involved.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 30, 2019, 9:01 PM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:

I get the feeling you're going to be disappointed after this deadline passes.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 85 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply