LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 67 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

SS market

Author Message
Offline  Re: SS market
#21

Posted: July 22, 2019, 9:52 AM Post
Posts: 1997
JohnBriggs12 said:
If you wanted to take on Brendan's Crawford's remaining salary, I'm sure the Giants would listen despite their recent surge.


Actually, I don't think so. More than business is considered when talking about Crawford and San Fran.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: SS market
#22

Posted: July 22, 2019, 1:04 PM Post
Posts: 549
I'm not overly concerned about adding a SS at the deadline. If anyone though, Jose Iglesias, Freddy Galvis, Miguel Rojas, and Eric Sogard all make some sense.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: SS market
#23

Posted: July 22, 2019, 1:34 PM Post
Posts: 4851
Location: New Berlin, WI
long ball said:
I'm not overly concerned about adding a SS at the deadline. If anyone though, Jose Iglesias, Freddy Galvis, Miguel Rojas, and Eric Sogard all make some sense.


If Sogard can play a decent SS, he would be a pretty solid addition at the deadline actually.

Cain
Yelich
Moose
Hiura
Grandal
Thames
Braun
Sogard
P

Obviously you're missing the defensive stud...but that lineup doesn't really have a hole anywhere. If he can't play a solid SS, he wouldn't be a bad guy to look at but I don't think he'd be a great fit.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: SS market
#24

Posted: July 22, 2019, 1:35 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2559
I can't believe that I am somewhat OK with Sogard, but I think the juiced ball does different things for different approach players...and Sogard may be benefiting from it.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: SS market
#25

Posted: July 22, 2019, 1:57 PM Post
Posts: 549
KeithStone53151 said:
long ball said:
I'm not overly concerned about adding a SS at the deadline. If anyone though, Jose Iglesias, Freddy Galvis, Miguel Rojas, and Eric Sogard all make some sense.


If Sogard can play a decent SS, he would be a pretty solid addition at the deadline actually.

Cain
Yelich
Moose
Hiura
Grandal
Thames
Braun
Sogard
P

Obviously you're missing the defensive stud...but that lineup doesn't really have a hole anywhere. If he can't play a solid SS, he wouldn't be a bad guy to look at but I don't think he'd be a great fit.


The Brewers didn't have a problem playing him at SS in 2017 and 2018.

Like you said, it's not a perfect fit. None of these guys are perfect fits. SS is actually a pretty deep position these days and the Brewers have one of the worst in the league, but I also don't think it's their biggest need. If they can add one of the guys I mentioned for a minimal cost I'd be fore it.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: SS market
#26

Posted: July 22, 2019, 3:30 PM Post
Posts: 4851
Location: New Berlin, WI
A couple other SS that would be more significant splashes, Nick Ahmed and Trevor Story. Ahmed has 1 more year of arbitration and is getting 3.7 million this year. Trevor Story has 2 more years of arbitration and is getting 5 million this year. Obviously their costs would be significantly different, but I think one or both teams may punt on the season...and may be open to trading for pitching despite the team control. Again, just food for thought. Not really advocating in any direction. For all I know, both teams may win 4 straight and buy.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: SS market
#27

Posted: July 22, 2019, 7:39 PM Post
Posts: 152
What would Trevor Story cost?

Surely we are backing the truck up on this deal, but the 40 man roster is coming and players need to be moved or lost.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: SS market
#28

Posted: July 22, 2019, 7:50 PM Post
Posts: 356
ebmackenzie said:
What would Trevor Story cost?

Surely we are backing the truck up on this deal, but the 40 man roster is coming and players need to be moved or lost.


The Brewers don't have enough decent prospects to even think about Story w/o completely emptying the system.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: SS market
#29

Posted: July 22, 2019, 11:35 PM Post
Posts: 4851
Location: New Berlin, WI
wntrtxn21 said:
ebmackenzie said:
What would Trevor Story cost?

Surely we are backing the truck up on this deal, but the 40 man roster is coming and players need to be moved or lost.


The Brewers don't have enough decent prospects to even think about Story w/o completely emptying the system.


I think a starting point for story maybe could be peralta or burnes. The Rockies aren't in a tear down, so an mlb arm with a ton of team control is very valuable to them. Peralta specifically has been very good at coors field. I also see Rodgers in place behind story, which is part of why i could see them looking to move him for the right haul.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: SS market
#30

Posted: July 24, 2019, 8:55 PM Post
Posts: 152
"I think a starting point for story maybe could be peralta or burnes. The Rockies aren't in a tear down, so an mlb arm with a ton of team control is very valuable to them. Peralta specifically has been very good at coors field. I also see Rodgers in place behind story, which is part of why i could see them looking to move him for the right haul."


Everyone here is lucky that I am not GM, I would back the truck up for 2019 +2 years of TStory and JGray. I would want them both. I am tired, tired, tired of weak link SSs and would like to see one hit above the 8 or 9 hole.

CBurnes, Supak, Grisham and CRay, DRassmssn, and Dubon...I am all in. I left Turang and Lutz out but it would not take much to get me to start replacing the original six listed. COL, like most teams needs catching help so JNott might be on their menu too.

I am not adverse to trading for starters and will not trade parts of MIL that I don't like as no other team would want them either...

Roast me but I would love this....


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: SS market
#31

Posted: July 24, 2019, 10:04 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 6985
Just to point it out, Trevor Story hits .761 OPS away from Coors for his career. I'm not sure selling the farm for a .750-ish OPS shortstop is the right move.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: SS market
#32

Posted: July 25, 2019, 9:00 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3255
Location: California
I just can't rationalize trading Arcia unless it is for pitching help. I don't want to give up any assets for an upgrade at SS when SP/RP are the obvious pressing needs.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: SS market
#33

Posted: July 25, 2019, 9:17 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2559
There is always the weird situation like LeMahieu absolutely crushing the juiced ball while no longer being with the Rockies, but odds are that Story will end up like Tulowitzki (without the long contract and injuries)...he'll be an above-average shortstop, not the superstar he's being shopped as.

The only difference with him and Tulowitzki is that he's younger and will have a few extra years of solid productivity...BUT, after 2021 that production will either be very expensive or on another team.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: SS market
#34

Posted: July 25, 2019, 9:26 AM Post
Posts: 11159
Trevor Story has an OPS+ of 114 for what it is worth. Adjusted for his ballpark.

I would say Trevor Story would still be pretty darn valuable at Miller Park, 3 WAR guy or so?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: SS market
#35

Posted: July 25, 2019, 9:40 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2559
MrTPlush said:
Trevor Story has an OPS+ of 114 for what it is worth. Adjusted for his ballpark.

I would say Trevor Story would still be pretty darn valuable at Miller Park, 3 WAR guy or so?


He would but I'm assuming there will be an inflated trade value on him. I get that most GMs understand how Coors Field affects overall stats and can see that he's a good player outside of it, but I'm assuming the Rockies will be asking for a lot.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: SS market
#36

Posted: July 25, 2019, 9:56 AM Post
Posts: 680
bill hAll Star said:
MrTPlush said:
Trevor Story has an OPS+ of 114 for what it is worth. Adjusted for his ballpark.

I would say Trevor Story would still be pretty darn valuable at Miller Park, 3 WAR guy or so?


He would but I'm assuming there will be an inflated trade value on him. I get that most GMs understand how Coors Field affects overall stats and can see that he's a good player outside of it, but I'm assuming the Rockies will be asking for a lot.


Just my opinion based off my eye balls. But Trevor Story’s numbers wouldn’t drop that far off having half his games in miller park. He seems to flat our rake vs us there. Not 100% the ball park but I think it’s a bit exagerated how some think players will be horrific away from Coors field. Miller park is very hitter friendly as well. Plus, guy has a .981 career fielding percentage. For as amazing as people think Arcia is, he’s only at .971. Offensive and defensive upgrade. Controlled through 2022 but will get more expensive. Would love seeing him Yelich and Hiura in the middle of our lineup.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: SS market
#37

Posted: July 25, 2019, 10:05 AM Post
Posts: 4851
Location: New Berlin, WI
I think Story will do fine, in large part because he's actually a very good breaking ball hitter based on the eye test. I feel like I always see that guy smashing offspeed pitches for HR against us...whether at Coors or Miller Park. And he specifically mashes lefties, which would be good for any playoff matchups.

I completely understand that pitching is a much greater need, and agree a Story trade is super unlikely. But it's certainly not a super unreasonable guy to discuss...and he would definitely improve the team. It would be similar to acquiring Machado last year, in that we'd all of a sudden have a lineup that is stacked 1-8.

Cain
Yelich
Hiura
Moose
Story
Grandal
Braun
Thames

Imagine a world where Thames is hitting 8th and it isn't because he's badly slumping...but because the other 7 hitters are really friggin good.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: SS market
#38

Posted: July 25, 2019, 10:16 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 12709
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Flip Braun and Hiura and then Grandal and Moose and then you got it.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: SS market
#39

Posted: July 25, 2019, 10:26 AM Post
Posts: 4851
Location: New Berlin, WI
Brew4U said:
Flip Braun and Hiura and then Grandal and Moose and then you got it.


I didn't want to get too carried away with specific order, the point is obvious though. There is no hole in that lineup...especially when Woodruff is starting.

Would Peralta + Dubon + Ashby for Story + Bryan Shaw be close? Shaw is negative value, so taking him is adding benefit to the Colorado side...but I also think he'd be better than Burch Smith, Jay Jackson, Taylor Williams, etc as the 7th/8th bullpen arm.

Also a reminder that this trade would allow us to theoretically trade Arcia for pitching. He has enough team control that a team looking to retool quickly could have interest.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: SS market
#40

Posted: July 25, 2019, 10:34 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 12709
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Colorado is a team I think should tear it down and tank. They have some really bad contracts and very little talent.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 67 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test