LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

[ 10 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Hypothetical Hader Asking Price

Offline  Hypothetical Hader Asking Price

Posted: July 26, 2019, 12:17 PM Post
I do not think the Brewers should trade Josh Hader but if they did, what would a a reasonable asking price and to who?

Atlanta Braves- Christian Pache, Luiz Gohara, and Luke Jackson.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Hypothetical Hader Asking Price

Posted: July 26, 2019, 12:27 PM Post
BrewCrewBlueDevil said:
I do not think the Brewers should trade Josh Hader but if they did, what would a a reasonable asking price and to who?

First we should maximize our trade asset of Yelich. Next day it’s Hiura. Now we are on to Hader. Why can’t we have nice things in Milwaukee and just enjoy them? Especially Hiura and Hader who combine probably cost us $1 mil

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 26, 2019, 12:34 PM Post
I am just curious to see what people think Hader is worth and who has the prospects to get it done. The Braves proposition is a haul. I am hoping Hader is a Brewer for a long time (as well as Huira and Yelich).

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Hypothetical Hader Asking Price

Posted: July 26, 2019, 1:08 PM Post
Global Moderator
The Dodgers have some of my favorite prospects in SS Gavin Lux, RHP Dustin May, and even C Will Smith. All are on the verge of being MLB ready. Two of those three players would be enough for me.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 26, 2019, 1:15 PM Post
Eye Black said:
The Dodgers have some of my favorite prospects in SS Gavin Lux, RHP Dustin May, and even C Will Smith. All are on the verge of being MLB ready. Two of those three players would be enough for me.

DJ Peters is gonna be a player as well.

I picked up Gavin Lux 2 months ago in my dynasty league, I couldn't be happier with that decision right now. His numbers are obscene, even for AAA. I might trade Hader just for him.

On a side, I fully expect the Dodgers to trade a bunch of these high end prospects for substantial pieces. I figure on the Dodgers or Padres getting Thor, and the Dodgers possibly getting Vazquez. Their farm can seemingly turn anyone into a stud...just trade away 2 or 3 top prospects and develop 2 or 3 new ones next year.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 26, 2019, 1:36 PM Post
Global Moderator
ThisIsMyCrew said:
BrewCrewBlueDevil said:

First we should maximize our trade asset of Yelich. Next day it’s Hiura. Now we are on to Hader. Why can’t we have nice things in Milwaukee and just enjoy them? Especially Hiura and Hader who combine probably cost us $1 mil

It's hypothetical. I don't think OP is suggesting we trade anyone.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 26, 2019, 1:36 PM Post
Eye Black said:

Agreed. Give me Lux, May, and Beaty and we'll call it a day and wish Hader well. I'd say the deal with Andrew Miller a few years back would be a decent comp.

I'm not really in favor of a sell but you'd have to really consider it if an Andrew Miller type deal was available.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 26, 2019, 1:48 PM Post
I'd also guess Houston could come up with a few near MLB ready prospects. Alvarez would be out but a guy like Tucker and I think they have a few close pitchers, I wanna say one got hurt though this year.

It's such an odd trade that I don't see it working for anyone. Basically the common issue that what we value him for (and types of players we'd want back) would not match up with what the acquiring teams want to give up.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 26, 2019, 2:21 PM Post
Right now Hader is 2x-3x more valuable than Andrew Miller was when he was traded. Theoretically we should be able to get a Miller like return if we trade him in 2021 when he has 2.5 years of arby left. Between now and that time, Hader will be paid 1.5 years of the league minimum and .5 years of his first arby year. THAT two year span between now and 2021 should be about as valuable as the last 2.5 years under arby 2 and arby 3.

There is no way we could get the proper value for him right now, but I think I'd trade him if we could.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 26, 2019, 2:24 PM Post
homer said:
ThisIsMyCrew said:
BrewCrewBlueDevil said:

It's hypothetical. I don't think OP is suggesting we trade anyone.

Good call out. Based on what’s been proposed here recently it’s hard to know. Should’ve looked a little closer to who the OP was. My bad.

Quote   Reply 
 [ 10 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply