LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 34 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Brewers considering trading Grandal or Moose for rotation help

Offline  Re: Brewers considering trading Grandal or Moose for rotation help

Posted: July 29, 2019, 9:32 AM Post
Global Moderator
I am fine rolling the bones and trading Grandal and calling up Freitas. Worth a shot.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2019, 12:25 PM Post
homer said:
I am fine rolling the bones and trading Grandal and calling up Freitas. Worth a shot.

I understand Freitas is hitting .370, but why not call up Nottingham and have him in a 70-30 or 60-40 timeshare with Pina?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2019, 12:31 PM Post
The problem with trading rentals like Grandal and Moustakas is that any team interested in them would be a contender that likely isn't going to want to part with useful pitching.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2019, 12:49 PM Post
Warning Track Power said:
homer said:

I understand Freitas is hitting .370, but why not call up Nottingham and have him in a 70-30 or 60-40 timeshare with Pina?

Because hitting .370 is a lot better than hitting .270? Nottingham might be a guy you can include in a package but hitting .370 is impressive at any level. Everyone discounted Garrett Cooper too when he raked at CS in 2017. Turns out he's just a good hitter. Could just be Freitas has turned himself into a really good hitter.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2019, 2:07 PM Post
Global Moderator
BruisedCrew said:
The problem with trading rentals like Grandal and Moustakas is that any team interested in them would be a contender that likely isn't going to want to part with useful pitching.

I think you could get a guy like Lamet from San Diego. He's controllable for several more years and has big upside.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2019, 2:13 PM Post
https://twitter.com/BNightengale/status ... 57249?s=20

Brewers may need to trade to Moose or Grandal to acquire frontline starter.

Last edited by IntentionalHBP on July 29, 2019, 2:26 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2019, 2:21 PM Post
homer said:
BruisedCrew said:

I think you could get a guy like Lamet from San Diego. He's controllable for several more years and has big upside.

But why would the Padres want Moustakas or Grandal for 2 months unless they want to win now?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2019, 2:27 PM Post
homer said:
BruisedCrew said:

As a pound owner of Lamet in a dynasty league, i agree, but with him coming off TJ surgery 15 months ago, i don't now how much he will be pitching come September.
I guess they could put him in the bullpen.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2019, 2:29 PM Post
IntentionalHBP said:
https://twitter.com/BNightengale/status/1155928899093557249?s=20

That Tweet doesn't make any sense to me. I think he's just trying to make a comment on how steep the price is for pitching right now...but as noted in here...what team lines up? Who is giving up an ace and values 2 months of Grandal or Moustakas as a major piece back? MAYBE Cleveland is in that sell now/buy now position but they really don't need either of them.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2019, 2:34 PM Post
bill hAll Star said:
IntentionalHBP said:
https://twitter.com/BNightengale/status/1155928899093557249?s=20

That Tweet doesn't make any sense to me. I think he's just trying to make a comment on how steep the price is for pitching right now...but as noted in here...what team lines up? Who is giving up an ace and values 2 months of Grandal or Moustakas as a major piece back? MAYBE Cleveland is in that sell now/buy now position but they really don't need either of them.

Cleveland is really the only team. Maybe Oakland is capable of that creativity, dunno if that need exists though. Maybe the rays? Keep in mind there are probably teams talking that nobody knows about. But overall, yes i think this tweet is weird. And i think he's dead wrong.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2019, 2:37 PM Post
Global Moderator
BruisedCrew said:
homer said:
BruisedCrew said:

But why would the Padres want Moustakas or Grandal for 2 months unless they want to win now?

Sorry, meant a guy like him but not necessarily him. Coming off injury, lots of upside. I realize I didn't word that too clearly.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2019, 2:39 PM Post
Yeah, saying the Brewers need to include veteran 2 month rentals in order to secure pitching help makes zero sense, unless the teams they are talking to are contenders just flush with pitching that could use Moose or Grandal to shore up a glaring hole on their own rosters. This tweet really should have nothing to do with Thor or quality starters on noncontending teams this season.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2019, 2:41 PM Post
Yeah, I think Nightengale was trying to find a way to say, "man, if this is what it costs for Lyles, the market is going to be pretty steep!" and be cute and mold 2 ongoing trade rumors together to suggest the cost...but in the end it made no sense.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 31, 2019, 12:45 PM Post
Right now, I'm on the phone with the Yankees. Sanchez has a groin injury, Voit down with a hernia. Grandal for Frazier?

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 34 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply