Padres Trade Brewing?

Online    Padres Trade Brewing?

Posted: July 29, 2019, 12:50 PM Post
https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/1155913072835530752

I wonder what this could be?

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Padres Trade Brewing?

Posted: July 29, 2019, 12:56 PM Post
Kirby Yates? Controlled through next year but is like 32 years old so it shouldn't cost the farm. Only other reliever that seems to be doing ok after quick glancing of stats is 35 year old Crag Stammen. I didn't dig on starters as I thought they were all young and therefore controllable (so why would SD get rid of). I could easily be wrong on that though

Last edited by tmwiese55 on July 29, 2019, 12:58 PM, edited 2 times in total.

Quote   Reply 

Global Moderator
Seems interesting... wonder who they'd be targeting on that staff?

Quote   Reply 

Global Moderator
I'd be cool buying low on Dinelson Lamet. He's coming off of Tommy John and is controlled through 2024. Not sure I'd want to give up Grisham for him though.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2019, 12:58 PM Post
Has to be Yates. I guess they could do something like sell off Lamet but I can't imagine another headliner other than Yates. Maybe they'd throw in Stammen or a young(ish) pitcher that they've given up on like Lauer.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Padres Trade Brewing?

Posted: July 29, 2019, 1:03 PM Post
Yates maybe?

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Padres Trade Brewing?

Posted: July 29, 2019, 1:05 PM Post
tmwiese55 said:
Kirby Yates? Controlled through next year but is like 32 years old so it shouldn't cost the farm. Only other reliever that seems to be doing ok after quick glancing of stats is 35 year old Crag Stammen. I didn't dig on starters as I thought they were all young and therefore controllable (so why would SD get rid of). I could easily be wrong on that though

Brewers could be targeting one of those young starters if Grisham is headed that way...SD has more pitching coming down on the farm, so they'd likely be willing to listen on some of those youngsters if they thought they had better arms not too far off (or they were going to go get Thor)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2019, 1:08 PM Post
Strahm has been a lefty stud reliever in the past and is now a passable starter. If you trade for him then you have flexibility moving forward and could be the lefty out of the pen in 2020 that they thought Claudio could be this year.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2019, 1:09 PM Post
I'd take my chances on a Lauer type guy. Competent now, still controlled for years, young with upside. Maybe they have a 40 man crunch coming too so need to move guys. Yates/Lauer combo helps the team a lot and wouldn't think it would cost the farm.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2019, 1:10 PM Post
ebmackenzie said:
Strahm has been a lefty stud reliever in the past and is now a passable starter. If you trade for him then you have flexibility moving forward and could be the lefty out of the pen in 2020 that they thought Claudio could be this year.

I could be wrong but I don't see the Padres giving up on him. He was expected to be a pretty big piece for them going into this year. One iffy year would not suggest they should sell him, IMO.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2019, 1:13 PM Post
Global Moderator
Fear The Chorizo said:
tmwiese55 said:

Brewers could be targeting one of those young starters if Grisham is headed that way...SD has more pitching coming down on the farm, so they'd likely be willing to listen on some of those youngsters if they thought they had better arms not too far off (or they were going to go get Thor)

It has surprised me how bad Logan Allen was after how good he looked against the Brewers. They have since sent him back to Triple-A.

It would be great for the Brewers to get back to their Canadian roots by making a play for a young starter like Cal Quantrill, but I would be surprised if San Diego was willing to trade him.

Yates makes sense. He is a player I've been a little wary of continuing his success, but he hasn't shown any signs of regression to this point.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2019, 1:16 PM Post
Sounds like Trent Grisham might be going bye bye.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2019, 1:59 PM Post
Global Moderator
Padres and Mets have been linked as being in trade discussions.

Mets and Brewers have been linked as being in trade discussions.

Brewers and Padres have now been linked as being in trade discussions.

An off the wall idea, but maybe these teams are working on a three way trade of some sort?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2019, 2:09 PM Post
Noah and Grisham to Padres
Grandal, margot and Morejon to Mets
Ramos and Yates to Brewers.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2019, 2:12 PM Post
mlloyd10 said:

Heck with Ramos.. give us Wheeler..

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2019, 2:18 PM Post
Global Moderator
mlloyd10 said:

A piece from the MLB roster being involved would make the Ruben Amaro Jr. report from 10 days ago make a little more sense.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2019, 2:21 PM Post
Says they're looking for a LHB CF if they trade Margot. Sounds an awful lot like Gamel.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2019, 2:24 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
Says they're looking for a LHB CF if they trade Margot. Sounds an awful lot like Gamel.

I'd assume it means more of a LHB OF for the future. Granted, that's also Gamel but Gamel is in the perfect role and controllable for the Brewers.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2019, 2:25 PM Post
mlloyd10 said:

What good does Grandal do the Mets? At least with Stroman they have him for next year. Other than maybe some salary chopping that part doesn't make sense.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2019, 2:28 PM Post
bill hAll Star said:
mlloyd10 said:

What good does Grandal do the Mets? At least with Stroman they have him for next year. Other than maybe some salary chopping that part doesn't make sense.

True

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 108 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply