LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 108 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Padres Trade Brewing?

Offline  Re: Padres Trade Brewing?

Posted: July 29, 2019, 7:59 PM Post
I think Ray is the guy to go if they deal

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2019, 8:01 PM Post
brewmann04 said:
I think Ray is the guy to go if they deal

He might go too, along with Grisham and Dubon as well. + Others

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2019, 8:08 PM Post
its either going to be a big blockbuster move or maybe just another tweak

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2019, 8:46 PM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:
shanedog19 said:
I really hope we don't trade Grisham. He really seems like he will be the heir apparent to Braun, with no other obvious choices in the system at this time.

No....so many were sky high on Corey Ray after last year too...what happened this year?? If Grisham can get you a controllable starter, you do it every single time. You can always find OFers.

Don’t sell Ray short yet he’s had a lot of injuries this year the talent. Still there he has to start staying healthy and limit his is Ks.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2019, 8:47 PM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:
shanedog19 said:
I really hope we don't trade Grisham. He really seems like he will be the heir apparent to Braun, with no other obvious choices in the system at this time.

No....so many were sky high on Corey Ray after last year too...what happened this year?? If Grisham can get you a controllable starter, you do it every single time. You can always find OFers.

Ray's year last year was such much different and worse than Grisham's year this year.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2019, 8:52 PM Post
Jopal78! said:
Then again the top 4 outfielders are pretty much set in Milwaukee through at least 2020. So where is Grisham going to play in Milwaukee before 2021? It’d be cool to keep him but I doubt he ever is a regular starter for the Brewers given their OF situation and desire to compete for playoffs.

He could be up in September for us and on the bench next year. With injuries to Braun/Cain/Yelich bound to happen, he plays next season.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2019, 9:20 PM Post
Global Moderator
wntrtxn21 said:
Eye Black said:
What about this one?...

Brewers receive: RP Kirby Yates (from SD); SP Zack Wheeler (from NYM)
Padres receive: SP Noah Syndergaard (from NYM); CF Trent Grisham (from MKE)
Mets receive: 2B Luis Urias (from San Diego); SP/RP Freddy Peralta (from MKE)

The Mets owners would run the GM out of town on a rail if he made your trade. Syndergaard and Wheeler for Urias and Peralta??
The Brewers would get Yates and Wheeler for a reliever (Peralta) and an OF who is not in the top 125 top prospects.

As noted earlier it would probably take additional pieces, but I don’t think the general construct of it from a value standpoint is as crazy lopsided as you are making it out to be. If anything the Padres are likely getting the short end of the deal as presented. The Padres probably do need to receive another player from the Brewers to make the deal work.

Urias and Syndergaard have value that is in the ballpark of being equal to one another. I would personally give the edge to Syndergaard, but prospects seemingly have an all-time high valuation right now, so Urias may very well be considered the more valuable of the two.

If we’re going to take Rosenthal’s report at face value that the Padres have expressed interest in Grisham, that’s certainly notable. I don’t think teams are working off top 100 lists, and their player/prospect evaluation tools are likely light years ahead of anything that is publicly available. They are looking for players they believe can provide impact to their organization. There may very well be organizations that value Grisham higher than any other prospect eligible player currently in the Brewers farm system. And for the “that’s not saying much” crowd, I don’t think the top of the system is nearly as god awful as it’s being portrayed.

As far as the “reliever”, I think 5.5 years of Freddy Peralta, whether it be as a reliever or eventual starter, is certainly more valuable than two months of Zack Wheeler coming off of an injury referred to as “shoulder impingement”. I think people are going to be a little surprised (and Mets fans likely disappointed) at what Wheeler ultimately nets in return.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 29, 2019, 11:34 PM Post
I don’t see Grisham being moved unless it’s for a guy under contract for multiple years. Even for Yates, I wouldn’t be comfortable moving on from Grisham. But that’s just my opinion. If we are open to moving Grisham, I would prefer him being moved for a starter we would have for 2.5 years or more.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 30, 2019, 4:45 AM Post
rickh150 said:
Jopal78! said:
Then again the top 4 outfielders are pretty much set in Milwaukee through at least 2020. So where is Grisham going to play in Milwaukee before 2021? It’d be cool to keep him but I doubt he ever is a regular starter for the Brewers given their OF situation and desire to compete for playoffs.

He could be up in September for us and on the bench next year. With injuries to Braun/Cain/Yelich bound to happen, he plays next season.

Grisham should be starting everyday in LF next year. Braun should be a bench player at this point. Grisham is making a mockery of AAA right now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 30, 2019, 4:53 AM Post
Couldn't this be as simple as the Padres acquiring Thor, then spinning him to the Brewers?? Maybe the Padres like the Brewers prospects better, then the Mets and this is a way for the Brewers to acquire Thor.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 30, 2019, 5:47 AM Post
mattyo said:
PDCBalla said:
Padres value Grisham extremely high. He would be a huge headliner for them.

And you know this how?

PDCBalla is better known as ElevatedWarmness91.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 30, 2019, 6:43 AM Post
Never Outhustled said:
Grisham should be starting everyday in LF next year. Braun should be a bench player at this point. Grisham is making a mockery of AAA right now.

Can’t imagine what Braun would be doing to it then. #RyanBraunForever

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 30, 2019, 6:51 AM Post
Brew4U said:
Never Outhustled said:

Exactly. Any AAA stats should be taken with an enormous block of salt this year. I love that Grisham has seemingly started to figure it out, but let's slow our roll a bit on making room on his mantle for an NL MVP award.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 30, 2019, 7:37 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Brew4U said:
Never Outhustled said:

Exactly. Any AAA stats should be taken with an enormous block of salt this year. I love that Grisham has seemingly started to figure it out, but let's slow our roll a bit on making room on his mantle for an NL MVP award.

Especially considering that the guy being benched already has a NL MVP award.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 30, 2019, 7:37 AM Post
A couple of things:

First, no team wants to call a former first round pick up to the majors to get sporadic playing time as and for their first taste of the major leagues. So with Braun, Yelich, Cain and Gamel all under contract in 2020. Grisham isn’t going to see much playing time until after 2020 unless they have multiple lengthy injuries to their outfield.

Second, can we stop the talk of benching Braun? His OPS is hovering around .800 and he’s 4th on the team with 15 homeruns. I think he gets criticized because at 35 years old he’s not the same player he was 2007-2012 anymore. The reality the Brewers might just luck out and wind up with Braun being reasonably productive for the entire length of his contract.

Back to the topic at hand, if the Padres are willing to part with pitching in exchange for Grisham; I’d make that deal yesterday

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 30, 2019, 7:46 AM Post
If a deal gets done with San Diego, I'd guess the deal would be Craig Stammen for a fringe prospect or two.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 30, 2019, 8:02 AM Post
Global Moderator
As Jopal stated, Braun's OPS'ing .800 and still producing at the plate. It could be worse, he could be Pujols.

Grisham's been pretty "meh" throughout much of his minor league career. He's suddenly mashing in 6 weeks at AAA (where almost everyone at San Antonio hits, even Tyler Saladino), so if I can get a big overpay based on that 6 weeks of production, I'd take it in a hurry. I'm not suggesting he'll be a bust or not a productive big leaguer, but if the Brewers can get a 2 or even a 3 type starter with multiple years of control for Grisham+, it's something they should seriously consider (IMO)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 30, 2019, 8:14 AM Post
Braun has put up decent Numbers this season IMO

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 30, 2019, 8:22 AM Post
Yes Braun is the least of our problems. Basically if you call up a guy from AAA you're hoping you can get .800 ops and you're currently getting that from Braun. He's frustrating that you can see he still has it in him to be a bit better, but it is what it is at this point.

I agree with RoCo. If you can get great value for Grisham now you should do it, he was kind of a bust not long ago. I'd be happy to keep him around as you'll need someone in 2021, but if he's the key piece for legit pitching help I do it and would consider it a sell high opportunity. You're at least guaranteeing some kind of MLB production from him then if you trade him. You could've used the same logic on Corey Ray last season at this time to try and cash in on his hot streak.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 30, 2019, 8:37 AM Post
Everyone in AAA is hitting a lot better this year due to the fact they're using the MLB juiced ball this season, but that doesn't take away from the fact that Grisham has put up a 173 wRC+ in his time in AAA. He really does look like the perfect player to take over in LF in 2021, the only problem is what to do with him in 2020. He really shouldn't be the 4th OF, as that would be bad for his growth, but maybe he comes up as the starter if one of the 3 starting OFs gets hurt in 2020 and he could get the DH abs in interleague series. I really hope they don't deal him away at the deadline. Think he finally has developed into what they were hoping when they drafted him, that's what the minors are all about, developing, guys don't automatically put up 1.000 OPS numbers when they're in A, or A+, they're there to hone their skills and turn into what Grisham has finally turned into this year. Glad they stuck with him and that he finally put it all together

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 108 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply