LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

[ 20 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Luiz Gohara

Offline  Luiz Gohara

Posted: July 31, 2019, 3:41 PM Post
WANT!

Braves designated LHP Luiz Gohara for assignment.

Gohara was once a promising prospect for Atlanta, but the 23-year-old southpaw holds a 5.33 ERA in 49 career major league innings and he has struggled with shoulder issues for much of this season. Still, he could certainly attract interest from other teams on waivers.

Jul 31, 2019, 5:32 PM ET

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Luiz Gohara

Posted: July 31, 2019, 3:44 PM Post
Yet another Braves overhyped pitching prospect. There is definitely a trend there which has led to them going out and grabbing every outside arm they can find.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 31, 2019, 3:46 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Yet another Braves overhyped pitching prospect. There is definitely a trend there which has led to them going out and grabbing every outside arm they can find.

I mean, the guy is 21 years old.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 31, 2019, 3:57 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 31, 2019, 5:12 PM Post
turborickey said:
Brew4U said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

And dealing with injury issues all season. Approach with caution...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 31, 2019, 6:51 PM Post
Make a request

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 01, 2019, 11:17 AM Post
He'll still have an option next year after coming off shoulder surgery. Unless that was a serious Jimmy Nelson style injury I'm struggling to see how 20-25 clubs DON'T put in a waiver claim for him. No way he gets to the Brewers.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 01, 2019, 11:21 AM Post
MadThinker88 said:

And dealing with injury issues all season. Approach with caution...

Because the downside is... not having a roster spot for Donnie Hart? Burch Smith? Stokes? Tyrone Taylor? Aaron Wilkerson?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 01, 2019, 12:41 PM Post
Oxy said:
He'll still have an option next year after coming off shoulder surgery. Unless that was a serious Jimmy Nelson style injury I'm struggling to see how 20-25 clubs DON'T put in a waiver claim for him. No way he gets to the Brewers.

Goes through the NL first, good chance that one of the 8 teams below the Brewers claim him but not impossible.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 01, 2019, 2:33 PM Post
turborickey said:
Brew4U said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

Just turned 23. Like literally the day this thread was posted. That's still plenty young for me to be interested in a talented young arm. The Brewers take a lot of chances on a lot less......

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 02, 2019, 8:23 AM Post
Outlander said:
Oxy said:

Goes through the NL first, good chance that one of the 8 teams below the Brewers claim him but not impossible.

I saw on trade rumors the league no longer matters and it's pure record now, except for ties.

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 02, 2019, 8:54 AM Post
Global Moderator
I'd totally grab him if we could. We have several guys on our 40-man roster who likely don't have a future with the club. May as well roll the dice on a guy like Gohara.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 02, 2019, 9:06 AM Post
OnTheBlack said:

Just turned 23. Like literally the day this thread was posted. That's still plenty young for me to be interested in a talented young arm. The Brewers take a lot of chances on a lot less......

Agreed...

I'd grab him up and not even think twice about it...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 02, 2019, 10:58 AM Post
Global Moderator
I mean if you're gonna grab Shelby Miller and Drew Smyly you may as well take a shot at this guy.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 02, 2019, 1:31 PM Post
agreed

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 02, 2019, 2:44 PM Post
homer said:
I mean if you're gonna grab Shelby Miller and Drew Smyly you may as well take a shot at this guy.

You're right! What could it hurt? See if there is anything to salvage and maybe get lucky. The Brewers could use a little luck, especially with their pitching.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 03, 2019, 7:13 PM Post
Apparently Gohara made it through waivers and was released..

https://www.talkingchop.com/2019/8/2/20 ... uiz-gohara

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 03, 2019, 7:34 PM Post
There must be some other issues other than whatever Joe Blow fans like us know. If he was 26 or if he was out of options then I see why he might slip through, but a 23 year old? I don't get it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 03, 2019, 8:20 PM Post
I believe he had "conditioning" or weight issues going in to last year that led to either an injury or the Braves just starting him in the minors to get in shape. It doesn't look like he's pitched at all this year. I'd assume that means his shoulder is pretty messed up and no one wanted to waste a 40 man spot on him.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2019, 10:31 AM Post
We should snag the guy and see what happens. I can't believe he is still out there.

Quote   Reply 
 [ 20 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply