LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
 [ 10 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Asdrubal Cabrera

Author Message
Online  Asdrubal Cabrera
#1

Posted: August 01, 2019, 3:56 AM Post
Posts: 19232
Was designated for assignment by the Rangers. He's signed for 1 year, 3.5M so a claim for his prorated salary would only cost about a million bucks for the rest of the season.

His .235/.318/.393 line is not great, but he was better last season, he's got some pop, and he can back up anywhere in the infield, and he's a switch hitter.

Since we have to carry a second player on the roster anyway who can play SS, surely he would be an upgrade on the roster over Saladino.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Asdrubal Cabrera
#2

Posted: August 01, 2019, 7:49 AM Post
User avatar

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
Posts: 12394
Unfortunately, Cabrera is no longer a viable shortstop, except in emergency situations. He'd probably be replacing Shaw on the roster.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Asdrubal Cabrera
#3

Posted: August 01, 2019, 7:57 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 9511
I would understand it if he was better as a right-handed batter as a way to diversify a line-up that is going to get even more lefty-heavy with Grisham's addition, but like most switch hitters, he's substantially better from the left side.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Asdrubal Cabrera
#4

Posted: August 01, 2019, 8:00 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 13674
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Honestly, Hernan Perez would be a better option for us.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Asdrubal Cabrera
#5

Posted: August 01, 2019, 9:30 AM Post
Posts: 2995
I would tend to agree, if they want to replace Saladino with Perez that is fine, I guess Saladino is a little better defensively. Either way they are in trouble if Arcia goes down.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Asdrubal Cabrera
#6

Posted: August 01, 2019, 12:52 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3353
Yes please!! Cabrera has always been an underrated hitter and though he is having a down year he has noticeably improved in recent weeks. Not a good SS anymore but he can at least backup Arcia who should be starting everyday over Saladino anyway. Zero platoon splits in his career, he would be great off the bench.

I'll be disappointed if Stearns doesn't take a look give that Dubon is now gone and Saladino has been awful.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Asdrubal Cabrera
#7

Posted: August 01, 2019, 12:55 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3353
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
I would understand it if he was better as a right-handed batter as a way to diversify a line-up that is going to get even more lefty-heavy with Grisham's addition, but like most switch hitters, he's substantially better from the left side.


Not sure where you're getting that from.

Career splits:
vs RHP, 4257 PA, .751 OPS, .327 wOBA
vs LHP, 1752 PA, .752 OPS, .327 wOBA


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Asdrubal Cabrera
#8

Posted: August 01, 2019, 1:06 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 13674
Location: Milwaukee, WI
SRB said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
I would understand it if he was better as a right-handed batter as a way to diversify a line-up that is going to get even more lefty-heavy with Grisham's addition, but like most switch hitters, he's substantially better from the left side.


Not sure where you're getting that from.

Career splits:
vs RHP, 4257 PA, .751 OPS, .327 wOBA
vs LHP, 1752 PA, .752 OPS, .327 wOBA


You should probably use recent stats. Guy is a shell of his former self.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Asdrubal Cabrera
#9

Posted: August 01, 2019, 1:16 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3353
Brew4U said:
SRB said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
I would understand it if he was better as a right-handed batter as a way to diversify a line-up that is going to get even more lefty-heavy with Grisham's addition, but like most switch hitters, he's substantially better from the left side.


Not sure where you're getting that from.

Career splits:
vs RHP, 4257 PA, .751 OPS, .327 wOBA
vs LHP, 1752 PA, .752 OPS, .327 wOBA


You should probably use recent stats. Guy is a shell of his former self.


2017-19 splits:
vs RHP, 1089 PA, .771 OPS, .329 wOBA
vs LHP, 411 PA, .742 OPS, .329 wOBA

4.8 fWAR from 2017-19. "Shell of his former self"? [laughing]


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Asdrubal Cabrera
#10

Posted: August 01, 2019, 1:26 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 9511
SRB said:

2017-19 splits:
vs RHP, 1089 PA, .771 OPS, .329 wOBA
vs LHP, 411 PA, .742 OPS, .329 wOBA

4.8 fWAR from 2017-19. "Shell of his former self"? [laughing]


Those numbers are skewed big time by crazy splits he put up as a right handed hitter in 2017 (.946 OPS in 125 ABs). His .646 OPS in 2018 and .624 in 2019 as a RHB suck.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 [ 10 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Brew4U, KCBrewerfan34, MrAllen and 11 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test