LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next  [ 207 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Free Agent Starting Pitchers (not named Gerrit Cole)

Online  Re: Free Agent Starting Pitchers (not named Gerrit Cole)

Posted: November 30, 2019, 10:09 AM Post
jonescm128 said:
I am really surprised nobody is mentioning Dallas Keuchel here. He has been such a good pitcher his entire career and it feels like he is flying under the radar with the marquee free agent pitchers on the market this year. He just seems like a Stearns signing. Tons of ground balls, uses the cutter often, and limits the HR ball.

Mlbtr predicts 3/39 for him. I hope the Brewers sign a starter at least at his level and one cheap Gio/Miley type as well

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 02, 2019, 6:37 PM Post
Taijuan Walker was non-tendered and would be an interesting rebound candidate to sign cheap.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Free Agent Starting Pitchers (not named Gerrit Cole)

Posted: December 02, 2019, 7:59 PM Post
DS has to sign a big quality starter and also maybe take a flyer on a comeback arm.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 03, 2019, 4:15 PM Post
Global Moderator
Wheeler reportedly is going to make more than 5 years/$100M

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/12/ ... gures.html

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 03, 2019, 4:29 PM Post
reillymcshane said:

He is exactly the type of pitcher someone thinking of contending (ie Twins, ChiSox, Brewers) should be targeting.
I am not surprised by the years & money figure already being tossed around.

I am happy that Wheeler wants this done sooner than later. That way he can remove the anxiety from his life before the holidays are in full swing

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 03, 2019, 4:35 PM Post
reillymcshane said:

If the Brewers were ever going to spend big money on a FA SP, these will be the type of players they ultimately will land. Not saying I would give Wheeler specifically $20m per, but I the Brewers will have to take risks on guys like him (potential ace stuff but with higher injury risk) given the current economic disadvantages of small markets.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 03, 2019, 4:42 PM Post
Oh my... That is too much money for a guy who in year 3, 4 and 5 could be Suppan like...

yuk.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 03, 2019, 7:04 PM Post
Global Moderator
I think I would prefer Hyun-jin Ryu over Wheeler even with the 3 year age difference.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 03, 2019, 7:06 PM Post
I believe Toronto is the team that has submitted this offer to Wheeler. I don't see the Brewers getting into this bidding at this price for this player.

If Wheeler didn't have the risk of him falling apart due to injuries I believe they would be in on him if the injury concerns weren't there.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 03, 2019, 7:15 PM Post
Eye Black said:
I think I would prefer Hyun-jin Ryu over Wheeler even with the 3 year age difference.

Ryu is a walking injury. For the kind of coin he is going to get, with his injury history, I'd pass...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 03, 2019, 7:36 PM Post
I think Dallas Keuchel is going to be the get for the Brewers. Ground ball pitcher, lefty, out getter. I think he will fit more in the budget then these insane offers for overhyped Wheeler.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 03, 2019, 7:41 PM Post
ThisIsMyCrew said:
I think Dallas Keuchel is going to be the get for the Brewers. Ground ball pitcher, lefty, out getter. I think he will fit more in the budget then these insane offers for overhyped Wheeler.

Dallas Keuchel would certainly seem to fit the bill of what the Brewers could realistically be looking at. Signing him and Lyles or Miley to go with Woodruff, Houser and Lauer gives the Brewers at worst an average rotation, and at best an above average one.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 03, 2019, 8:09 PM Post
ThisIsMyCrew said:

This sounds familiar. Shades of last off-season.

Too bad that they didn't pick up Morton last year... but what's done is done...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 03, 2019, 10:28 PM Post
Warning Track Power said:
ThisIsMyCrew said:

Dallas Keuchel would certainly seem to fit the bill of what the Brewers could realistically be looking at. Signing him and Lyles or Miley to go with Woodruff, Houser and Lauer gives the Brewers at worst an average rotation, and at best an above average one.

Say that is doable and we end up with a staff of Keuchel Lyles ( pitched well in Milwaukee but who knows)Miley ( to up and down .)Woodruff ( can he repeat) and Lauer ( I personally liked Davis better but I get it leftie with some up side)Thats not that big of difference from last years staff as far as talent goes. (Keuchel could be the wild card but he’s not a number 1 type pitcher any more ) and you have lost a lot of fire power to your lineup. I just don’t see any significant upgrade to the starting rotation if that’s how it ends up.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 04, 2019, 6:10 AM Post
Walleye2 said:
Warning Track Power said:
ThisIsMyCrew said:

Say that is doable and we end up with a staff of Keuchel Lyles ( pitched well in Milwaukee but who knows)Miley ( to up and down .)Woodruff ( can he repeat) and Lauer ( I personally liked Davis better but I get it leftie with some up side)Thats not that big of difference from last years staff as far as talent goes. (Keuchel could be the wild card but he’s not a number 1 type pitcher any more ) and you have lost a lot of fire power to your lineup. I just don’t see any significant upgrade to the starting rotation if that’s how it ends up.

Keuchel would be a sizable upgrade over what they tossed out there last year. Significantly sizable, actually. They are going to have to take some leaps of faith in the rotation as well. Hoping Houser can make a jump, and that Lyles August and September was for real might be those leaps. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them sign a guy like Lindblom too.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 04, 2019, 8:23 AM Post
I wanted Dallas last season and nothing has changed my mind this offseason.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 04, 2019, 9:50 AM Post
Dallas would be fine for me at the right price and years. Good pitcher that could help stabilize our rotation.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 04, 2019, 10:36 AM Post
nate82 said:
I believe Toronto is the team that has submitted this offer to Wheeler. I don't see the Brewers getting into this bidding at this price for this player.

If Wheeler didn't have the risk of him falling apart due to injuries I believe they would be in on him if the injury concerns weren't there.

Mlbtr says White Sox will beat 5-100 put him down for 5-120

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 04, 2019, 10:42 AM Post
Still expecting Jordan Lyles to be our big free agent starting pitcher signing.

Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC42UlEqaIRsK4SCoIMoajvQ/videos?disable_polymer=1
Twitter
https://twitter.com/brewcrewreview1
Podbean
https://brewcrewreview.podbean.com/

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 04, 2019, 10:48 AM Post
A Swing and A Drive said:
Still expecting Jordan Lyles to be our big free agent starting pitcher signing.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Lyles come back on something like a 2-year/$10-12 million deal. I'd love to see it, actually. In my opinion, it was a pretty big mistake not picking up his option last offseason.

That said, if he's their biggest starting pitching move this offseason, fans might show up at Brewers On Deck in January with torches and pitchforks.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next  [ 207 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply