LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 96  Next  [ 1913 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Hader trade ideas

Author Message
Offline  Re: Hader trade ideas
Posted: February 05, 2021, 10:43 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1231
I don't think they will or should trade Hader, but if I was forced the call I'd make is to the Angels for Jo Adell. They have been pushing to get to a contending roster and seem to be indicating they don't think Adell is ready to start yet (which he's not). I think they'd consider.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Hader trade ideas
Posted: February 12, 2021, 1:49 PM Post
Posts: 1235
We can forget about the Padres, they just signed Melancon.

Just keep Josh/Devin together and go for the Central!


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Hader trade ideas
Posted: February 12, 2021, 1:57 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2305
BestInTheWorld said:
We can forget about the Padres, they just signed Melancon.

Just keep Josh/Devin together and go for the Central!


Yeah I agree, especially if we can sign Turner. Then we should be set. Just roll with Hader at this point and try to win the division.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Hader trade ideas
Posted: February 12, 2021, 2:05 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2443
wibadgers23 said:
BestInTheWorld said:
We can forget about the Padres, they just signed Melancon.

Just keep Josh/Devin together and go for the Central!


Yeah I agree, especially if we can sign Turner. Then we should be set. Just roll with Hader at this point and try to win the division.


I don't think they would have handed Wong $18 million unless they were making a strong investment in improved run prevention. Having a knock-out bullpen is obviously part of that. Turner would be a strong sign in that department as well as his defense rates out very well there. But if they don't end up signing him, I would suspect it means that Urias would be the primary starter at 3B, and while that infield of Hiura/Wong/Arcia/Urais isn't going to knock you over with offensive upside, is should be outstanding defensively, assuming Hiura takes well to 1B.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Hader trade ideas
Posted: February 12, 2021, 2:09 PM Post
Posts: 1235
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
wibadgers23 said:
BestInTheWorld said:
We can forget about the Padres, they just signed Melancon.

Just keep Josh/Devin together and go for the Central!


Yeah I agree, especially if we can sign Turner. Then we should be set. Just roll with Hader at this point and try to win the division.


I don't think they would have handed Wong $18 million unless they were making a strong investment in improved run prevention. Having a knock-out bullpen is obviously part of that. Turner would be a strong sign in that department as well as his defense rates out very well there. But if they don't end up signing him, I would suspect it means that Urias would be the primary starter at 3B, and while that infield of Hiura/Wong/Arcia/Urais isn't going to knock you over with offensive upside, is should be outstanding defensively, assuming Hiura takes well to 1B.


My god please dont be true.... We're gonna have the weakest hitting infield in the league.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Hader trade ideas
Posted: February 12, 2021, 2:13 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2443
BestInTheWorld said:
My god please dont be true.... We're gonna have the weakest hitting infield in the league.


Not if Urias fulfills his potential as a solid MLB hitter. He was a top 25 MLB prospect for a reason, and it wasn't his defense.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Hader trade ideas
Posted: February 12, 2021, 2:28 PM Post
Posts: 1235
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
BestInTheWorld said:
My god please dont be true.... We're gonna have the weakest hitting infield in the league.


Not if Urias fulfills his potential as a solid MLB hitter. He was a top 25 MLB prospect for a reason, and it wasn't his defense.


Sorry, I should have been more clear... Power hitting.

I like power! Haha


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Hader trade ideas
Posted: February 12, 2021, 2:34 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2443
BestInTheWorld said:
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
BestInTheWorld said:
My god please dont be true.... We're gonna have the weakest hitting infield in the league.


Not if Urias fulfills his potential as a solid MLB hitter. He was a top 25 MLB prospect for a reason, and it wasn't his defense.


Sorry, I should have been more clear... Power hitting.

I like power! Haha


Stearns tried that approach in 2020 with Smoak, Garcia, Narvaez, Morrison and Healy. It backfired. I applaud him for looking at a different route this season. This lineup will still have plenty of power potential with Yelich and Hiura, and assuming Narvaez and Garcia rebound. Plenty of "ifs", but some solid upside too.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Hader trade ideas
Posted: February 12, 2021, 2:37 PM Post
Posts: 145
>>>> Not if Urias fulfills his potential as a solid MLB hitter. He was a top 25 MLB prospect for a reason, and it wasn't his defense. <<<<

Agreed, but that may be a big IF. For insurance, in the likelihood they don't sign Turner, a Shaw/Franco/Gyorko/Cabrera signing could provide insurance, and Urias could then float around the diamond, playing maybe half time, unless and until he breaks out. That would be a good problem to have.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Hader trade ideas
Posted: February 12, 2021, 2:50 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3770
SandyTolan said:
>>>> Not if Urias fulfills his potential as a solid MLB hitter. He was a top 25 MLB prospect for a reason, and it wasn't his defense. <<<<

Agreed, but that may be a big IF. For insurance, in the likelihood they don't sign Turner, a Shaw/Franco/Gyorko/Cabrera signing could provide insurance, and Urias could then float around the diamond, playing maybe half time, unless and until he breaks out. That would be a good problem to have.


I'm not opposed to signing one of those guys, but I'm not sure any one of them provides very secure insurance to hit better than Urias.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Hader trade ideas
Posted: February 12, 2021, 3:07 PM Post
Posts: 1235
SandyTolan said:
>>>> Not if Urias fulfills his potential as a solid MLB hitter. He was a top 25 MLB prospect for a reason, and it wasn't his defense. <<<<

Agreed, but that may be a big IF. For insurance, in the likelihood they don't sign Turner, a Shaw/Franco/Gyorko/Cabrera signing could provide insurance, and Urias could then float around the diamond, playing maybe half time, unless and until he breaks out. That would be a good problem to have.


If Franco is truly the hitter he was in 2018 and 2020, I would rather sign him to a 2-3 year deal... Dude is still just 28.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Hader trade ideas
Posted: February 23, 2021, 9:01 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 8991
FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY: If you type in "Hader" and "Padres" into a Twitter search right now you'll find a whole lot of Padres fans that think their front office is working on a deal involving Hader. From what I can tell it's just wild speculation based on some perceived bat signal from a Twitter user that didn't even mention Hader specifically, but some of them appear ready to buy their Hader jerseys anyway. [laughing]


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Hader trade ideas
Posted: February 23, 2021, 9:37 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3633
Location: California
Eye Black said:
FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY: If you type in "Hader" and "Padres" into a Twitter search right now you'll find a whole lot of Padres fans that think their front office is working on a deal involving Hader. From what I can tell it's just wild speculation based on some perceived bat signal from a Twitter user that didn't even mention Hader specifically, but some of them appear ready to buy their Hader jerseys anyway. [laughing]

I am not sure the Brewers really line up for the Padres any longer with the prospects they have left as headliners. I doubt Mackenzie Gore is available. I don’t see any Major Leaguers that are young enough or close enough to the Majors and prospect-y enough to warrant being the headliner. Campusano, while a stud, wouldn’t be the headliner I would be holding out for. I don’t think this is real but watch it be Campusano, Morejon for Hader.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Hader trade ideas
Posted: February 23, 2021, 9:44 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2305
Yeah it’s fun to read the “rumors” but we all know by now that when Stearns makes a move it’s usually out of nowhere and we didn’t see it coming. I’ve always thought the Padres made the most sense for a Hader trade though.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Hader trade ideas
Posted: February 23, 2021, 10:15 PM Post
Posts: 22587
I think anyone who doesn't think Campusano alone is enough for Hader is going to be mighty disappointed with the return if Hader is actually dealt. I doubt we could even get Campusano for Hader straight up.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Hader trade ideas
Posted: February 23, 2021, 10:24 PM Post
Posts: 582
Teams will over pay at trade deadline.

Mentioned this before, you get quantity in off season, quality during season


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Hader trade ideas
Posted: February 23, 2021, 10:34 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3633
Location: California
adambr2 said:
I think anyone who doesn't think Campusano alone is enough for Hader is going to be mighty disappointed with the return if Hader is actually dealt. I doubt we could even get Campusano for Hader straight up.

I did not say Campusano isn’t a stud. I said he isn’t the prospect I would hold out for.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Hader trade ideas
Posted: February 23, 2021, 10:38 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 8991
A couple of prospects I do really like in the Padres system are LHP Ryan Weathers and OF Robert Hassell III. Weathers pitched briefly in the postseason last year, so he might not be too far away despite his young age. Hassell was their 1st round pick this past draft (8th overall) out of high school and is a long ways from the majors, but he was the star of USA Baseball’s 18U team and he has a great looking line drive swing. Hassell would immediately become the Brewers best prospect.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Hader trade ideas
Posted: February 23, 2021, 10:51 PM Post
Posts: 22587
Warning Track Power said:
adambr2 said:
I think anyone who doesn't think Campusano alone is enough for Hader is going to be mighty disappointed with the return if Hader is actually dealt. I doubt we could even get Campusano for Hader straight up.

I did not say Campusano isn’t a stud. I said he isn’t the prospect I would hold out for.


Right, and I'm saying I don't even think we'd get him.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Hader trade ideas
Posted: February 23, 2021, 11:20 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 10417
Eye Black said:
A couple of prospects I do really like in the Padres system are LHP Ryan Weathers and OF Robert Hassell III. Weathers pitched briefly in the postseason last year, so he might not be too far away despite his young age. Hassell was their 1st round pick this past draft (8th overall) out of high school and is a long ways from the majors, but he was the star of USA Baseball’s 18U team and he has a great looking line drive swing. Hassell would immediately become the Brewers best prospect.


Weathers, Hassell, Abrams, Capusano, Morejon. Still lots of stuff in the Padres' system, even if you assume Gore is untouchable.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 96  Next  [ 1913 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: KurtRussell and 7 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test