LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 96  Next  [ 1913 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Hader trade ideas

Offline  Re: Hader trade ideas
Posted: February 05, 2021, 10:43 AM Post
I don't think they will or should trade Hader, but if I was forced the call I'd make is to the Angels for Jo Adell. They have been pushing to get to a contending roster and seem to be indicating they don't think Adell is ready to start yet (which he's not). I think they'd consider.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 12, 2021, 1:49 PM Post
We can forget about the Padres, they just signed Melancon.

Just keep Josh/Devin together and go for the Central!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 12, 2021, 1:57 PM Post
BestInTheWorld said:

Yeah I agree, especially if we can sign Turner. Then we should be set. Just roll with Hader at this point and try to win the division.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 12, 2021, 2:05 PM Post
wibadgers23 said:
BestInTheWorld said:

Yeah I agree, especially if we can sign Turner. Then we should be set. Just roll with Hader at this point and try to win the division.

I don't think they would have handed Wong $18 million unless they were making a strong investment in improved run prevention. Having a knock-out bullpen is obviously part of that. Turner would be a strong sign in that department as well as his defense rates out very well there. But if they don't end up signing him, I would suspect it means that Urias would be the primary starter at 3B, and while that infield of Hiura/Wong/Arcia/Urais isn't going to knock you over with offensive upside, is should be outstanding defensively, assuming Hiura takes well to 1B.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 12, 2021, 2:09 PM Post
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
wibadgers23 said:
BestInTheWorld said:

I don't think they would have handed Wong $18 million unless they were making a strong investment in improved run prevention. Having a knock-out bullpen is obviously part of that. Turner would be a strong sign in that department as well as his defense rates out very well there. But if they don't end up signing him, I would suspect it means that Urias would be the primary starter at 3B, and while that infield of Hiura/Wong/Arcia/Urais isn't going to knock you over with offensive upside, is should be outstanding defensively, assuming Hiura takes well to 1B.

My god please dont be true.... We're gonna have the weakest hitting infield in the league.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 12, 2021, 2:13 PM Post
BestInTheWorld said:
My god please dont be true.... We're gonna have the weakest hitting infield in the league.

Not if Urias fulfills his potential as a solid MLB hitter. He was a top 25 MLB prospect for a reason, and it wasn't his defense.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 12, 2021, 2:28 PM Post
BestInTheWorld said:

Not if Urias fulfills his potential as a solid MLB hitter. He was a top 25 MLB prospect for a reason, and it wasn't his defense.

Sorry, I should have been more clear... Power hitting.

I like power! Haha

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 12, 2021, 2:34 PM Post
BestInTheWorld said:
BestInTheWorld said:

Sorry, I should have been more clear... Power hitting.

I like power! Haha

Stearns tried that approach in 2020 with Smoak, Garcia, Narvaez, Morrison and Healy. It backfired. I applaud him for looking at a different route this season. This lineup will still have plenty of power potential with Yelich and Hiura, and assuming Narvaez and Garcia rebound. Plenty of "ifs", but some solid upside too.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 12, 2021, 2:37 PM Post
>>>> Not if Urias fulfills his potential as a solid MLB hitter. He was a top 25 MLB prospect for a reason, and it wasn't his defense. <<<<

Agreed, but that may be a big IF. For insurance, in the likelihood they don't sign Turner, a Shaw/Franco/Gyorko/Cabrera signing could provide insurance, and Urias could then float around the diamond, playing maybe half time, unless and until he breaks out. That would be a good problem to have.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 12, 2021, 2:50 PM Post
SandyTolan said:
>>>> Not if Urias fulfills his potential as a solid MLB hitter. He was a top 25 MLB prospect for a reason, and it wasn't his defense. <<<<

Agreed, but that may be a big IF. For insurance, in the likelihood they don't sign Turner, a Shaw/Franco/Gyorko/Cabrera signing could provide insurance, and Urias could then float around the diamond, playing maybe half time, unless and until he breaks out. That would be a good problem to have.

I'm not opposed to signing one of those guys, but I'm not sure any one of them provides very secure insurance to hit better than Urias.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 12, 2021, 3:07 PM Post
SandyTolan said:

If Franco is truly the hitter he was in 2018 and 2020, I would rather sign him to a 2-3 year deal... Dude is still just 28.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 23, 2021, 9:01 PM Post
Global Moderator
FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY: If you type in "Hader" and "Padres" into a Twitter search right now you'll find a whole lot of Padres fans that think their front office is working on a deal involving Hader. From what I can tell it's just wild speculation based on some perceived bat signal from a Twitter user that didn't even mention Hader specifically, but some of them appear ready to buy their Hader jerseys anyway. [laughing]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 23, 2021, 9:37 PM Post
Eye Black said:
FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY: If you type in "Hader" and "Padres" into a Twitter search right now you'll find a whole lot of Padres fans that think their front office is working on a deal involving Hader. From what I can tell it's just wild speculation based on some perceived bat signal from a Twitter user that didn't even mention Hader specifically, but some of them appear ready to buy their Hader jerseys anyway. [laughing]

I am not sure the Brewers really line up for the Padres any longer with the prospects they have left as headliners. I doubt Mackenzie Gore is available. I don’t see any Major Leaguers that are young enough or close enough to the Majors and prospect-y enough to warrant being the headliner. Campusano, while a stud, wouldn’t be the headliner I would be holding out for. I don’t think this is real but watch it be Campusano, Morejon for Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 23, 2021, 9:44 PM Post
Yeah it’s fun to read the “rumors” but we all know by now that when Stearns makes a move it’s usually out of nowhere and we didn’t see it coming. I’ve always thought the Padres made the most sense for a Hader trade though.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 23, 2021, 10:15 PM Post
I think anyone who doesn't think Campusano alone is enough for Hader is going to be mighty disappointed with the return if Hader is actually dealt. I doubt we could even get Campusano for Hader straight up.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 23, 2021, 10:24 PM Post
Teams will over pay at trade deadline.

Mentioned this before, you get quantity in off season, quality during season

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 23, 2021, 10:34 PM Post
adambr2 said:
I think anyone who doesn't think Campusano alone is enough for Hader is going to be mighty disappointed with the return if Hader is actually dealt. I doubt we could even get Campusano for Hader straight up.

I did not say Campusano isn’t a stud. I said he isn’t the prospect I would hold out for.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 23, 2021, 10:38 PM Post
Global Moderator
A couple of prospects I do really like in the Padres system are LHP Ryan Weathers and OF Robert Hassell III. Weathers pitched briefly in the postseason last year, so he might not be too far away despite his young age. Hassell was their 1st round pick this past draft (8th overall) out of high school and is a long ways from the majors, but he was the star of USA Baseball’s 18U team and he has a great looking line drive swing. Hassell would immediately become the Brewers best prospect.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 23, 2021, 10:51 PM Post
Warning Track Power said:
adambr2 said:

I did not say Campusano isn’t a stud. I said he isn’t the prospect I would hold out for.

Right, and I'm saying I don't even think we'd get him.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Hader trade ideas
Posted: February 23, 2021, 11:20 PM Post
Global Moderator
Eye Black said:
A couple of prospects I do really like in the Padres system are LHP Ryan Weathers and OF Robert Hassell III. Weathers pitched briefly in the postseason last year, so he might not be too far away despite his young age. Hassell was their 1st round pick this past draft (8th overall) out of high school and is a long ways from the majors, but he was the star of USA Baseball’s 18U team and he has a great looking line drive swing. Hassell would immediately become the Brewers best prospect.

Weathers, Hassell, Abrams, Capusano, Morejon. Still lots of stuff in the Padres' system, even if you assume Gore is untouchable.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 96  Next  [ 1913 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply