LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  [ 948 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Hader trade ideas

Offline  Re: Hader trade ideas
Posted: February 23, 2020, 3:02 AM Post
Just to throw another random proposal out there. I don’t think too many people have mentioned trades involving the Blue Jays. The Blue Jays have a totally revamped rotation and are looking to compete, so why not bring in the best reliever in the game to solidify their bullpen?

Blue Jays Receive:
LHP Josh Hader
SS Orlando Arcia

Brewers Receive:
2B Cavan Biggio
LHP Tim Mayza
RHP Alek Manoah
SS Orelvis Martinez
RHP Adam Kloffenstein

I think this deal tips in the Brewers’ favor, but would shoot for something close to this. I would at least still consider the deal if Kloffenstein were to be removed from the trade entirely, but if he is part of the return package, I think I would definitely pull the trigger on this.

Arcia is their stopgap option at second with Biggio heading to the Brewers. The Brewers would get Biggio for 6 years and Mayza would slot into the Brewers’ bullpen. All of Manoah, Martinez, and Kloffenstein are a couple years away from the big leagues, but are very highly regarded.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 23, 2020, 12:35 PM Post
I don't see the Blue Jays trading away Biggio who is a part of that future for Hader. Would need to add something more than Arcia for them to trade Biggio in that deal probably something like Hiura and Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 23, 2020, 2:43 PM Post
I'm assuming Biggio can play SS and 3B as well? If not, trading Hader for a position we have locked down makes no sense.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 23, 2020, 4:52 PM Post
nate82 said:
I don't see the Blue Jays trading away Biggio who is a part of that future for Hader. Would need to add something more than Arcia for them to trade Biggio in that deal probably something like Hiura and Hader.

Hader and Arcia might not be enough to make the deal, but Hader and Hiura would be a huge overpay as well. Biggio can play 1B, but he is basically a 2B/OF. Both positions that the Brewers have well covered. I can't imagine Stearns would want any part of this trade.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 23, 2020, 7:30 PM Post
turborickey said:
I'm assuming Biggio can play SS and 3B as well? If not, trading Hader for a position we have locked down makes no sense.

He has played some first and third and has dabbled in the outfield a little bit. I look at him as being a little redundant this season, but will have a clear path to everyday playing time in the future. I also look at it as insurance of if Hiura can’t remain at 2B and moves to 1B in the future (or DH possibly as early as 2021?). I’m not sure how he rates defensively in other positions, but he does have some experience in multiple spots.

They could always have him come over and put him in the minors to play 50 or so games at third or some other position that they feel he will play long term for Milwaukee. Otherwise he could be one of those guys that plays everyday, but moves around the diamond.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 23, 2020, 11:33 PM Post
nate82 said:

This may have merit. Toronto would then add Nate Pearson the current #8 prospect in baseball, RHP With 3games to his career at AAA. That would likely indicate an ability to pitch for Milw in 2020. Biggio takes over 2b and adds a higher OB, less HR/BA, better D, lower Avg than Hiura. Maybe we can toss in Brett Anderson or Lindblom.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 24, 2020, 2:06 PM Post
Just curious, would anyone trade Josh Hader straight up for Forrest Whitley?

Assuming they are still good without the trash can banging, I see the Astros bullpen as the one area they could stand to improve.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: February 24, 2020, 3:43 PM Post
Warning Track Power said:
Just curious, would anyone trade Josh Hader straight up for Forrest Whitley?

Assuming they are still good without the trash can banging, I see the Astros bullpen as the one area they could stand to improve.

Big NO. Not until Whitley proves he can get people out at the higher levels. Smaller samples but, he stunk at his first try at AA (14 ERs in 22 IPs - 19 walks - 1.63 WHIP) and was worse at AAA (35 hits allowed in 24 IPs - 33 ERs - 15 walks - 2.05 WHIP - 12.21 ERA). IF he can show something this year at AA and AAA then possibly at the break if the Crew is out of it, but not now.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  [ 948 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply