LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  [ 128 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Nick Castellanos

Offline  Re: Nick Castellanos

Posted: December 12, 2019, 8:47 PM Post
Hiura is a butcher in the field. Even if Castellanos played first base that would be an awful right side of the infield. Of the Brewers were still an A.L. he’d be a perfect fit but there’s not an OF spot for him in Milwaukee this year, not to mention the Brewers probably aren’t handing out a 75-90 million dollar free agent contract.

Posted: December 13, 2019, 8:16 AM Post
His OF defense has improved over time. It is also important to note that Miller park has a much smaller OF than Detroit does which tends to protect fielders. Last year his defense ranked around Braun, Desmond, Winker, Fowler etc as far as fielding balls. So I don't think it is quite as bad as some people are imagining. The worst part of his defense looks to be that he gets bad jumps on the ball which isn't too surprising for a converted IF.

Posted: December 13, 2019, 8:18 AM Post
Ennder said:
The worst part of his defense looks to be that he gets bad jumps on the ball which isn't too surprising for a converted IF.

Which absolutely positively effects his defense. Bad jumps on balls is what makes or breaks an outfielder imo.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Posted: December 13, 2019, 8:30 AM Post
If you watched the Cubs much after he arrived there (and I did living in Chicago area), you'd never had known his defense was seen as a major issue in Detroit. It simply wasn't in his time as a Cub and RF is a tough sun field in Wrigley especially late in the season. He got to the balls he should have and didn't misplay them when he got there.

Once he got on a contending team, both his offense and defense picked up. That's not all that unusual. Part of defending relating to getting jumps is concentration. Playing in big games tends to improve concentration.

Posted: December 13, 2019, 11:29 AM Post
If he’s willing to play 1B this year, he’s my #1 target. A top of the order of Cain-Yelich-Castellanos-Hiura-Braun-Narvaez with Urias potential is a solid one.

Posted: December 13, 2019, 11:34 AM Post
Warning Track Power said:
If he’s willing to play 1B this year, he’s my #1 target. A top of the order of Cain-Yelich-Castellanos-Hiura-Braun-Narvaez with Urias potential is a solid one.

I would be thrilled with this. I’m comfortable with a long term deal for him, especially knowing that Braun’s contract comes off the books next season, basically opening up a similar amount of flexibility next offseason in the $15 million range that I think Castellanos will sign for.

Posted: December 13, 2019, 4:46 PM Post
turborickey said:
Ennder said:
The worst part of his defense looks to be that he gets bad jumps on the ball which isn't too surprising for a converted IF.

Which absolutely positively effects his defense. Bad jumps on balls is what makes or breaks an outfielder imo.

Sure and I never said it didn't. It is just understandable that it would be his problem. It is something that has some hope to improve in the future though I imagine he will become less athletic with age as well.

Posted: December 15, 2019, 5:26 AM Post
Global Moderator
Mike Murphy from ESPN 1000 in Chicago is claiming the Cubs have a deal in place with Nick Castellanos, but have allegedly been waiting to announce it.

Decide for yourself, the audio is included in this Twitter Link.

Posted: December 15, 2019, 6:38 AM Post
I hope they did and I hope they payed up the nose for him. His cost relative to his actual value will never be higher.

Posted: December 15, 2019, 8:08 AM Post
Eye Black said:
Mike Murphy from ESPN 1000 in Chicago is claiming the Cubs have a deal in place with Nick Castellanos, but have allegedly been waiting to announce it.

They are literally trying to sell off parts of their core to save money. This would make very little sense.

Posted: December 15, 2019, 8:10 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Eye Black said:

They are literally trying to sell off parts of their core to save money. This would make very little sense.

Maybe they are waiting to announce it until they’ve shed some payroll via trade?

Posted: December 15, 2019, 8:42 AM Post
Eye Black said:

Isn’t that against the rules in MLB? I thought there was something in the rules somewhere that if an agreement is in place, it must be submitted to the commissioner’s office right away and can’t be withheld.

Posted: December 15, 2019, 9:21 AM Post
This would be a nice get for the cubs. However, their roster construction seems like a disaster.

Posted: December 15, 2019, 9:28 AM Post
Yeah kind of an odd signing if true. I thought it was a forgone conclusion that he would be leaving the Cubs.

Posted: December 27, 2019, 6:47 PM Post
Take it for what it's worth, but this "rumor" account has the Brewers as one of the teams in on Castellanos. I would think they are looking at him for the 3B vacancy ... or could be using the perceived interest as a ploy to move a trade along

https://twitter.com/MLBMarathon/status/ ... 6057734145

Posted: December 27, 2019, 7:08 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Take it for what it's worth, but this "rumor" account has the Brewers as one of the teams in on Castellanos. I would think they are looking at him for the 3B vacancy ... or could be using the perceived interest as a ploy to move a trade along

Please please PLEASE make this happen DS...if he becomes a Brewer I'd be totally ecstatic.

Posted: December 27, 2019, 7:20 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

There’s absolutely no way he can play 3B. The numbers on him or so bad there, the Tigers have been toiling away for a few years now and could’ve lived with him trying to figure it out there and they pulled the plug. I really don’t see him as a fit for our roster at this point now that Garcia was added and they seem to have 1B figured out. The only way I would really see adding him would be somehow moving Cain and then signing NC and putting Yelich in CF. Which that seems like an incredibly unlikely plan or realistic set of moves.

Posted: December 27, 2019, 7:33 PM Post
CrewFanBrewMan69 said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

There’s absolutely no way he can play 3B. The numbers on him or so bad there, the Tigers have been toiling away for a few years now and could’ve lived with him trying to figure it out there and they pulled the plug. I really don’t see him as a fit for our roster at this point now that Garcia was added and they seem to have 1B figured out. The only way I would really see adding him would be somehow moving Cain and then signing NC and putting Yelich in CF. Which that seems like an incredibly unlikely plan or realistic set of moves.

If they were to sign Castellanos, I get the feeling they know what they could do with him on defense. Also, his career numbers are skewed by one outlandishly bad defensive season. That bat would look pretty superb in the lineup, that's for sure. He's never going to be a good defender anywhere, but I think with shifts and late game substitutions, they could make it work with him as the primary 3B.

Posted: December 27, 2019, 7:43 PM Post
Still a long ways to go if 6 teams are legitimately in on a player.

Posted: December 27, 2019, 8:20 PM Post
If they have an inkling that the DH might happen in the NL in 2021, could always rotate him between 3rd and OF for a year, then DH starting in 2021, gamble, but might be worth it to get his bat in the lineup

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  [ 128 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply