LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 47 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

First Baseman for 2020

Offline  Re: First Baseman for 2020

Posted: November 08, 2019, 8:50 PM Post
I could see the Brewers signing Asdrubal Cabrera as a lower cost utility guy. He could play 1st, or 3rd with Braun/Shaw at 1B

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 09, 2019, 7:48 PM Post
mlloyd10 said:
Im saying Wilmer Flores -

This actually isn't a bad call. I'm hoping the re-sign Moustakas for 3b. I'm also somewhat thinking they tender Shaw. Flores as a right handed hitting complement who can cover 1b, 3b, and 2b would be useful. He ended the year healthy.

He's also probably significantly cheaper than Frazier or Kendrick who I was kicking around in my head to fill that role.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: First Baseman for 2020

Posted: November 09, 2019, 8:02 PM Post
Global Moderator
mlloyd10 said:
Im saying Wilmer Flores -

Hopefully he reacts better than the last time he thought he was coming here:

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 10, 2019, 8:30 AM Post
If they go the "scrap heap" route, I'm still all over Ryon Healy. His full season average is 28 HR and 86 RBI. Put him in Miller Park and he's a 30 HR guy.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 10, 2019, 9:03 AM Post
JohnBriggs12 said:
If they go the "scrap heap" route, I'm still all over Ryon Healy. His full season average is 28 HR and 86 RBI. Put him in Miller Park and he's a 30 HR guy.

Pass, just pay an extra few million to have Thames back. As I have said before it just doesn’t make sense to drop Thames and go for a scrap heap 1B...the cost difference just isn’t there. Just screams in house options is what they plan.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 10, 2019, 9:55 AM Post
MrTPlush said:
JohnBriggs12 said:

Pass, just pay an extra few million to have Thames back. As I have said before it just doesn’t make sense to drop Thames and go for a scrap heap 1B...the cost difference just isn’t there. Just screams in house options is what they plan.

That's where I sort of think they are going as well. Wouldn't surprise me to see a soft R/L platoon of Braun and Shaw, with Braun seeing quite a bit of time against righties as well. That is assuming they devote funds to resigning Moose or grabbing another 3B. I imagine they'll grab another lefty-hitting 1B on a minors deal as insurance in case Shaw can no longer be redeemed as a ML hitter.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: November 11, 2019, 11:20 AM Post
I haven't looked all the way around the league, but I'm also assuming there might be some arby casualties. Cron may get non-tendered. Guys like that will either be available for cheap or will at least depress the price of Thames given greater supply.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 47 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply