LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 35 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Kyle Seager

Offline  Re: Kyle Seager

Posted: December 13, 2019, 5:04 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
LouisEly said:
You don't think that going from Seattle (.738 home OPS last year) to Milwaukee will help boost his offensive output?

For the record I said I would have spent money on Moustakas over the Seager trade proposed...if those were the options. I wouldn't do either...just saying if I was spending $15mil I would have gotten Moustakas.

Would it? Sure, but as I pointed out I am not entirely sure he actually bounced back. Kind of hiding his poor play the majority of the year with a fluke hot streak that doesn't indicate his truer production level.

This is why I try to go for some sort of "go big" move.

Like this:
https://www.baseballtradevalues.com/trades/trade-18554/

Brewers get:
OF Haniger
RHP Dunn
LHP Sheffield
3B Seager

Mariners get:
OF Lutz
RHP Burnes
SS Turang

Or this:
https://www.baseballtradevalues.com/trades/trade-18555/

Brewers get:
OF Haniger
RHP Dunn
LHP Sheffield
3B Seager

Mariner get:
LHP Hader

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 13, 2019, 7:04 PM Post
Seager sure would look nice in a Brewers uniform now that we've added groundball/ball-in-play machine Brett Anderson to our rotation. I'm not as down on Hiura's longterm prospects at 2B as others, but our current infield defense certainly could use some help.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 13, 2019, 7:44 PM Post
SRB said:
Seager sure would look nice in a Brewers uniform now that we've added groundball/ball-in-play machine Brett Anderson to our rotation. I'm not as down on Hiura's longterm prospects at 2B as others, but our current infield defense certainly could use some help.

The defense would be his main purpose - offense as gravy?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 13, 2019, 7:48 PM Post
clancyphile said:
SRB said:

The defense would be his main purpose - offense as gravy?

Defense as mashed potatoes?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 14, 2019, 9:15 AM Post
LouisEly said:
MrTPlush said:
So what you are telling me is they are maybe comparable? That would be exactly why I would have just paid Moustakas

MrTPlush said:
I will take a hard pass unless he is nearly free. No way I am paying him $14mil a year, yuck.

So you agree that they are comparable, but would pay one $64M over 4 years but would hard pass on the other one unless he is nearly free?

MrTPlush said:
Seager has posted a .750+ OPS in any given month exactly once in the last two years.

He posted a .843 road OPS over the entire season last year.

You don't think that going from Seattle (.738 home OPS last year) to Milwaukee will help boost his offensive output?

This is a very telling statistic which most fans are overlooking. We have seen time and time again how playing at Miller Park boosts a position players production. Recently Grandal, Moustakas and Yelich are all good examples of this. Why can’t Seager receive a similar bump?

The other part of the equation many are forgetting is he’s an upgrade defensively over Moose which will be extremely beneficial to contact pitchers like Anderson.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 14, 2019, 9:21 AM Post
clancyphile said:
MrTPlush said:
LouisEly said:

For the record I said I would have spent money on Moustakas over the Seager trade proposed...if those were the options. I wouldn't do either...just saying if I was spending $15mil I would have gotten Moustakas.

Would it? Sure, but as I pointed out I am not entirely sure he actually bounced back. Kind of hiding his poor play the majority of the year with a fluke hot streak that doesn't indicate his truer production level.

This is why I try to go for some sort of "go big" move.

Like this:
https://www.baseballtradevalues.com/trades/trade-18554/

Brewers get:
OF Haniger
RHP Dunn
LHP Sheffield
3B Seager

Mariners get:
OF Lutz
RHP Burnes
SS Turang

Or this:
https://www.baseballtradevalues.com/trades/trade-18555/

Brewers get:
OF Haniger
RHP Dunn
LHP Sheffield
3B Seager

Mariner get:
LHP Hader

I just posted in the rotation thread about how Burnes is our best shot at adding a TOR starter in 2020. So I’m not willing to sell low on him atm. If you can swap him out with Peralta then I’m in.

As for the Hader trade, his value would be completely wasted going to Seattle now. Why sell the farm for a top tier receiver when you are suppose to be in the middle of a rebuild? Teams who are looking to contend now will be the ones interested in buying high on his right now.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 09, 2020, 9:15 PM Post
I still think we should have seen a Peralta for Seager, + significant cash deal earlier this off-season.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 10, 2020, 10:36 AM Post
vannzee said:
I still think we should have seen a Peralta for Seager, + significant cash deal earlier this off-season.

It is for this reason, and many others, that I am glad that David Stearns runs this team, and not random message board posters.

[smile]

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Kyle Seager

Posted: March 10, 2020, 12:01 PM Post
I would have been good with trading for Seager, but yeah, I don't know why we would be offering up Peralta. I would much rather just take on his whole salary and give up far less. Not my money, though.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 10, 2020, 7:46 PM Post
turborickey said:
vannzee said:

It is for this reason, and many others, that I am glad that David Stearns runs this team, and not random message board posters.

[smile]

Absolutely agree with this point. That said, talk about the pot calling the kettle black. The way you dug your heels in two years ago, if you were running the team Christian Yelich would never have seen a Brewer uniform and probably be a Cardinal.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 10, 2020, 8:18 PM Post
TigerUppercut said:
turborickey said:
vannzee said:

[smile]

Absolutely agree with this point. That said, talk about the pot calling the kettle black. The way you dug your heels in two years ago, if you were running the team Christian Yelich would never have seen a Brewer uniform and probably be a Cardinal.

But wouldn't Turbo also be one of those random message board posters who he's glad doesn't run the team? I took his post as showing appreciation for David Stearns.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 11, 2020, 6:33 AM Post
Ron Robinson's Beard said:

But wouldn't Turbo also be one of those random message board posters who he's glad doesn't run the team? I took his post as showing appreciation for David Stearns.

lol yes, I'm glad I don't run the team, as a random message board poster... Yes, it was praise for David Stearns.

Also, dug my heels in? I was unhappy about who we gave up for Yelich, but certainly wasn't unhappy he was a Brewer. What do I know, I'm a random message board poster after all.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 11, 2020, 5:25 PM Post
adambr2 said:
I would have been good with trading for Seager, but yeah, I don't know why we would be offering up Peralta. I would much rather just take on his whole salary and give up far less. Not my money, though.

I would rather not give up Peralta or take on Seager's salary. At this time neither makes any sense. Now if Seattle would take a Lutz-Ray-Erceg type pkg. and pay down 1/2 Seager's salary, I'd be fine with the move. It won't happen, but Seattle may get desperate to move him towards the deadline and who knows?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 11, 2020, 5:52 PM Post
It would be very hard for the Brewers to trade young pitching.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 12, 2020, 10:32 PM Post
If Arcia's offensive turnaround is for real, then Seagar is someone I'm willing to pass on now.

Of course, we have no idea what the postponement of the season will do for offensive performance or pitching performance.

Maybe a lot of time to review tape...

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 35 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply