LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next  [ 406 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

3rd Base Candidates

Online  3rd Base Candidates

Posted: December 17, 2019, 12:23 PM Post
Free Agents:
-Josh Donaldson: Last reported that the Nats are offering 4years at $100M. Doubtful he's a candidate.
-Todd Fraiser: About as league average as you get but might not break the bank either.
-Asdrúbal Cabrera: Not ideal but could be a stopgap until a better option is found.

Trade Candidates:
-Jose Ramirez (Indians): Would be the best fit for a trade due to our current window and he is entering his prime years.
-Josh Turner (Dodgers): Depending on who the Dodgers sign, he could be a target. Owed $20M in 2020.
-Matt Chapman (Athletics): Doubtful we have the prospects to make this happen.
-Kyle Seager (Mariners): I think the Mariners would have to chip in a bit here to make this a reality.
-Eduardo Escobar (Dbacks): Signing MadBum probably means they wouldn't move a guy like this but he's a solid bat.
-Nolan Arenado (Rockies): Another one where I don't think we have the pieces to move to make this a reality.

Anyone else I am missing that could be a fit?

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 3rd Base Candidates

Posted: December 17, 2019, 12:29 PM Post
-I like Andujar as a split between 1B/3B. And he’s sort of been supplanted by urshela in NY.

-There’s also room to take jed Lowried salary (and maybe get Dom Smith with him).

- My preference is Josh Donaldson, big a creative and productive platoon at 3B might be Brock Holt and Wilmer Flores.

-Pit wouldn’t likely want much for Colin Moran because he’s mediocre and they have their high ranked prospect Hayes almost ready. But he’s be cheap

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 17, 2019, 12:34 PM Post
I wonder what it would take to get Ramirez from Cleveland and how’s his defense at 3B? He’s definitely intriguing.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 17, 2019, 12:41 PM Post
Part of me wonders whether dealing Hader to the Mets for Jeff McNeil, Dominic Smith and a prospect might be on the table? McNeil could be easily plugged in at 3B, and his lefty bat would have good power potential in Miller Park. Dom Smith is more of a question mark, obviously. But those two in the lineup would make things look pretty potent from top to bottom.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 17, 2019, 12:42 PM Post
A couple other free agents who could be on Stearns radar are guys like Brock Holt, Matt Duffy, Jedd Gyorko and Starlin Castro. On the trade side, JD Davis is also an option.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 17, 2019, 12:43 PM Post
wibadgers23 said:
I wonder what it would take to get Ramirez from Cleveland and how’s his defense at 3B? He’s definitely intriguing.

Am I off base in saying that any deal for Ramirez would probably have to start with Hiura+? And, I'm sure that would be a deal breaker for Stearns. Ramirez is controlled for 4 more years at a relatively cheap price (for a guy of his ability). Not sure if the Indians would have much motivation to move him at this point.

If Hiura was off the table, I'm guessing we'd have to package Urias, Small and Feliciano. And honestly, I'm not even convinced that would be nearly enough to get Ramirez. Unfortunately, our farm system is just so bad right now that it makes it nearly impossible to put together trade offers for guys of this stature.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 17, 2019, 12:43 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Free Agents:
-Josh Donaldson: Last reported that the Nats are offering 4years at $100M. Doubtful he's a candidate.
-Todd Fraiser: About as league average as you get but might not break the bank either.
-Asdrúbal Cabrera: Not ideal but could be a stopgap until a better option is found.

Trade Candidates:
-Jose Ramirez (Indians): Would be the best fit for a trade due to our current window and he is entering his prime years.
-Josh Turner (Dodgers): Depending on who the Dodgers sign, he could be a target. Owed $20M in 2020.
-Matt Chapman (Athletics): Doubtful we have the prospects to make this happen.
-Kyle Seager (Mariners): I think the Mariners would have to chip in a bit here to make this a reality.
-Eduardo Escobar (Dbacks): Signing MadBum probably means they wouldn't move a guy like this but he's a solid bat.
-Nolan Arenado (Rockies): Another one where I don't think we have the pieces to move to make this a reality.

Anyone else I am missing that could be a fit?

Two slightly out-of-the-box possibilities:
Jeff McNeil (Mets) - Mostly played 2B, but has seen some significant action at 3B. Could have a Yelich-like jump playing half the time in Miller Park.

Cesar Hernandez (FA) - Again, mostly, a 2B, but he is fast,and has OBP skills. Probably better as a bench signing, but I'd take him.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 17, 2019, 12:46 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Part of me wonders whether dealing Hader to the Mets for Jeff McNeil, Dominic Smith and a prospect might be on the table? McNeil could be easily plugged in at 3B, and his lefty bat would have good power potential in Miller Park. Dom Smith is more of a question mark, obviously. But those two in the lineup would make things look pretty potent from top to bottom.

I've been all for McNeil as the centerpiece of a Hader deal for a while. Smith may be that platoon guy the Crew needs for Braun at 1B, or who could take over in left when Cain needs a day off (Yelich in CF), Yelich needs some rest (Braun in LF, Smith at 1B), or even when Garcia is banged up a little (Yelich inn RF, Braun in LF).

Two prospects I like are Brett Baty, a third baseman, and Kevin Smith, a left-handed starting pitcher.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 17, 2019, 12:50 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

That trade would make sense, as much as losing Hader would hurt. They’d have to move on a good reliever or 2, like Betances and Cishek
, but that lineup would be solid

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 17, 2019, 2:11 PM Post
madtownhawk said:
wibadgers23 said:

Am I off base in saying that any deal for Ramirez would probably have to start with Hiura+? And, I'm sure that would be a deal breaker for Stearns. Ramirez is controlled for 4 more years at a relatively cheap price (for a guy of his ability). Not sure if the Indians would have much motivation to move him at this point.

If Hiura was off the table, I'm guessing we'd have to package Urias, Small and Feliciano. And honestly, I'm not even convinced that would be nearly enough to get Ramirez. Unfortunately, our farm system is just so bad right now that it makes it nearly impossible to put together trade offers for guys of this stature.

I think the only way you get Ramirez is if you bring in a third team to offer prospects to Indians and that third team gets Hader, we get Ramirez. Would be awesome.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 17, 2019, 2:13 PM Post
Lutz and Ray for Matt Chapman? Throw in Arcia? (Blue)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 17, 2019, 2:28 PM Post
Ok Statcast from baseball Savant is where its at.
Looking at it Id trade Hader for JDDavis straight up. Hes at Yelich level batting profile.
Josh Donaldson had his best exit velocity last year near 93MPH!

Jose Ramirez for Hiura would be terrible. Hiura has a better Bat profile with only needing to reduce the k%. If Ramirez had the K% of Hiura were staring at Arcia level bat profile.

That is it. If you want All Star level. Nobody offers above average statcast profile. JD Davis for your fantasy teams folks if you miss out on Donaldson.

Like Seriously Hiura had a better bat profile than Vlad Jr last year. It's all about K% that keeps his numbers from top 10 in all of baseball. JD Davis for Hader straight up and have an elite bat for what? 5 seasons? Both Davis and Hiura had better exit velo than Trout last season but basically that is Trout level all of the last 5 seasons. Trout is #1 or 2 the last 5 years on the Barrel %.

Last edited by brewcrewdue80 on December 17, 2019, 2:58 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 17, 2019, 2:44 PM Post
Hader for Lux plus a pitcher makes sense. Lux can play 3B/1B/2B and has a strong lefty bat

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 17, 2019, 3:10 PM Post
brewcrewdue80 said:
Looking at it Id trade Hader for JDDavis straight up. Hes at Yelich level batting profile.

Jose Ramirez for Hiura would be terrible. Hiura has a better Bat profile with only needing to reduce the k%. If Ramirez had the K% of Hiura were staring at Arcia level bat profile.

That is it. If you want All Star level. Nobody offers above average statcast profile. JD Davis for your fantasy teams folks if you miss out on Donaldson.

Like Seriously Hiura had a better bat profile than Vlad Jr last year. It's all about K% that keeps his numbers from top 10 in all of baseball. JD Davis for Hader straight up and have an elite bat for what? 5 seasons? Both Davis and Hiura had better exit velo than Trout last season but basically that is Trout level all of the last 5 seasons. Trout is #1 or 2 the last 5 years on the Barrel %.

JD Davis also cannot play defense. No way am I trading Hader for Davis alone. Not a chance.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 17, 2019, 3:17 PM Post
mattyo said:
brewcrewdue80 said:

JD Davis also cannot play defense. No way am I trading Hader for Davis alone. Not a chance.

Yeah, this is just not an option, especially with Braun at 1B a lot in 2020.

McNeil, Kevin Smith, and Brett Baty for Hader.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 17, 2019, 3:19 PM Post
Tristen Lutz for Nolan Arenado

Trades Value are equal but Rockies might need to kick in some cash, maybe $200 million, to facilitate the trade however

Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC42UlEqaIRsK4SCoIMoajvQ/videos?disable_polymer=1
Twitter
https://twitter.com/brewcrewreview1
Podbean
https://brewcrewreview.podbean.com/

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 17, 2019, 4:38 PM Post
mattyo said:
brewcrewdue80 said:

So 1b beyond 2020 is not possible? He's logged time at 1b. His bat will play top notch for 1b. Youre passing on a guy that has the makings of a .900+OPS for 5seasons because defensively he would be a problem for 2020. The thing of it is based on his defense, we should get more for Hader. If the future plan would be Davis at 1b then its a no on Smith. So who else we going to get? Ill have to delve in to the Depth charts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 17, 2019, 4:43 PM Post
yfinn6 said:
Lutz and Ray for Matt Chapman? Throw in Arcia? (Blue)

Brewers would love it, A's would laugh themselves blue in the face.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 17, 2019, 4:48 PM Post
clancyphile said:
mattyo said:
brewcrewdue80 said:

You are kidding right? McNeil is good but Kevin Smith?? He was horrible at AA ( .209/.263 - 151 Ks in only 463 ABs) Baty is still in rookie ball and 4-5 years away. Brewers can do much, much better.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 17, 2019, 5:05 PM Post
wntrtxn21 said:
clancyphile said:

You are kidding right? McNeil is good but Kevin Smith?? He was horrible at AA ( .209/.263 - 151 Ks in only 463 ABs) Baty is still in rookie ball and 4-5 years away. Brewers can do much, much better.

Kevin Smith the LHP.
http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?si ... g/2019/ALL

3.15 ERA, 130 K in 117 IP, 1.26 WHIP

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next  [ 406 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply