LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 28 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Pedro Strop

Offline  Re: Pedro Strop

Posted: January 21, 2020, 8:34 PM Post
Strop's velocity was down 1.5 MPH last year and it just didn't work with the velocity drop. But he was having neck and leg problems last year (not arm/shoulder), so I guess it wouldn't be so surprising if his velocity climbed back up if healthy, even though he is older.

https://www.mlb.com/news/2020-mlb-free- ... y-position

So looking at what is left out there....Dyson is out for 2020 so cross him off the list....there is Kintzler and then everybody else was 0.5 WAR or less last season. I don't think Strop is a bad option when looking at the field.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 22, 2020, 11:36 PM Post
JosephC said:
Strop's velocity was down 1.5 MPH last year and it just didn't work with the velocity drop. But he was having neck and leg problems last year (not arm/shoulder), so I guess it wouldn't be so surprising if his velocity climbed back up if healthy, even though he is older.

https://www.mlb.com/news/2020-mlb-free- ... y-position

So looking at what is left out there....Dyson is out for 2020 so cross him off the list....there is Kintzler and then everybody else was 0.5 WAR or less last season. I don't think Strop is a bad option when looking at the field.

Yeah Strop needs that velo back to make the slider work better. He’s dealt with hamstring (and I think knee) issues in the past. Think he missed out on the 2016 teams playoff roster with a bad knee. So I wonder how much the injuries played a role with losing velo vs him just declining. He was remarkably consistent before last year for 4-5 years. It’s probably a worthwhile gamble to sign him for $2-5 million for a year. It’s allegedly down to the Marlins and Rangers for him now, though.

Hard pass on Kintzler. He’s incredibly BABIP/batted ball luck dependent. With our infield defense that seems like a bad bet.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 23, 2020, 5:53 PM Post
Hector Gomez of Z101 Digital reports that free agent reliever Pedro Strop is deciding between the Marlins and Rangers.

On Monday, it was reported by Ben Nicholson-Smith of Sportsnet.ca that Strop was considering the Marlins, Rangers, Cubs, and Brewers, but it now appears that the reliever is down to two. He's coming off a season where he posted an uninspiring 4.97 ERA, but he has shown he's much better than that mark in the past and had ERAs below 3.00 in the previous three seasons. With either Texas or Miami, Strop is likely looking at a high-leverage role.

Related: Texas Rangers, Miami Marlins
Source: Hector Gomez on Twitter
Jan 22, 2020, 10:11 PM ET

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 23, 2020, 6:46 PM Post
turborickey said:
Hector Gomez of Z101 Digital reports that free agent reliever Pedro Strop is deciding between the Marlins and Rangers.

On Monday, it was reported by Ben Nicholson-Smith of Sportsnet.ca that Strop was considering the Marlins, Rangers, Cubs, and Brewers, but it now appears that the reliever is down to two. He's coming off a season where he posted an uninspiring 4.97 ERA, but he has shown he's much better than that mark in the past and had ERAs below 3.00 in the previous three seasons. With either Texas or Miami, Strop is likely looking at a high-leverage role.

Yep. Here is the link to the MLBTR page: https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/01/ ... strop.html

I'm relieved. I wanted nothing to do with a big league deal for this guy.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 23, 2020, 7:04 PM Post
wildcat2237 said:
turborickey said:

Yep. Here is the link to the MLBTR page: https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/01/ ... strop.html

Not to mention that Strop probably wouldn't be a good deal if there is 3 other teams bidding on him.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 23, 2020, 9:51 PM Post
wildcat2237 said:

Because 3 of Yardley Feyereisen Black Devin Wahl etc is better? If Knebel can't start the season this teams currently looking at Hader Suter Peralta Claudio and 4 shuttle guys.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 23, 2020, 10:02 PM Post
TJseven7 said:
wildcat2237 said:

Because 3 of Yardley Feyereisen Black Devin Wahl etc is better? If Knebel can't start the season this teams currently looking at Hader Suter Peralta Claudio and 4 shuttle guys.

This. Given some of the garbage we’ve signed this offseason this one actually makes sense to me. He must want 2-3 years or something.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 24, 2020, 10:18 AM Post
Very likely he didn't want to go for a club option the following year.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 28 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply