LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 28 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Pedro Strop

Author Message
Offline  Re: Pedro Strop
#21

Posted: January 21, 2020, 8:34 PM Post
Posts: 2302
Location: Madison, WI
Strop's velocity was down 1.5 MPH last year and it just didn't work with the velocity drop. But he was having neck and leg problems last year (not arm/shoulder), so I guess it wouldn't be so surprising if his velocity climbed back up if healthy, even though he is older.

https://www.mlb.com/news/2020-mlb-free- ... y-position

So looking at what is left out there....Dyson is out for 2020 so cross him off the list....there is Kintzler and then everybody else was 0.5 WAR or less last season. I don't think Strop is a bad option when looking at the field.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Pedro Strop
#22

Posted: January 22, 2020, 11:36 PM Post
Posts: 330
JosephC said:
Strop's velocity was down 1.5 MPH last year and it just didn't work with the velocity drop. But he was having neck and leg problems last year (not arm/shoulder), so I guess it wouldn't be so surprising if his velocity climbed back up if healthy, even though he is older.

https://www.mlb.com/news/2020-mlb-free- ... y-position

So looking at what is left out there....Dyson is out for 2020 so cross him off the list....there is Kintzler and then everybody else was 0.5 WAR or less last season. I don't think Strop is a bad option when looking at the field.

Yeah Strop needs that velo back to make the slider work better. He’s dealt with hamstring (and I think knee) issues in the past. Think he missed out on the 2016 teams playoff roster with a bad knee. So I wonder how much the injuries played a role with losing velo vs him just declining. He was remarkably consistent before last year for 4-5 years. It’s probably a worthwhile gamble to sign him for $2-5 million for a year. It’s allegedly down to the Marlins and Rangers for him now, though.

Hard pass on Kintzler. He’s incredibly BABIP/batted ball luck dependent. With our infield defense that seems like a bad bet.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Pedro Strop
#23

Posted: January 23, 2020, 5:53 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 11762
Hector Gomez of Z101 Digital reports that free agent reliever Pedro Strop is deciding between the Marlins and Rangers.

On Monday, it was reported by Ben Nicholson-Smith of Sportsnet.ca that Strop was considering the Marlins, Rangers, Cubs, and Brewers, but it now appears that the reliever is down to two. He's coming off a season where he posted an uninspiring 4.97 ERA, but he has shown he's much better than that mark in the past and had ERAs below 3.00 in the previous three seasons. With either Texas or Miami, Strop is likely looking at a high-leverage role.

Related: Texas Rangers, Miami Marlins
Source: Hector Gomez on Twitter
Jan 22, 2020, 10:11 PM ET

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Pedro Strop
#24

Posted: January 23, 2020, 6:46 PM Post
Posts: 784
turborickey said:
Hector Gomez of Z101 Digital reports that free agent reliever Pedro Strop is deciding between the Marlins and Rangers.

On Monday, it was reported by Ben Nicholson-Smith of Sportsnet.ca that Strop was considering the Marlins, Rangers, Cubs, and Brewers, but it now appears that the reliever is down to two. He's coming off a season where he posted an uninspiring 4.97 ERA, but he has shown he's much better than that mark in the past and had ERAs below 3.00 in the previous three seasons. With either Texas or Miami, Strop is likely looking at a high-leverage role.

Related: Texas Rangers, Miami Marlins
Source: Hector Gomez on Twitter
Jan 22, 2020, 10:11 PM ET



Yep. Here is the link to the MLBTR page: https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/01/ ... strop.html

I'm relieved. I wanted nothing to do with a big league deal for this guy.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Pedro Strop
#25

Posted: January 23, 2020, 7:04 PM Post
Posts: 1284
wildcat2237 said:
turborickey said:
Hector Gomez of Z101 Digital reports that free agent reliever Pedro Strop is deciding between the Marlins and Rangers.

On Monday, it was reported by Ben Nicholson-Smith of Sportsnet.ca that Strop was considering the Marlins, Rangers, Cubs, and Brewers, but it now appears that the reliever is down to two. He's coming off a season where he posted an uninspiring 4.97 ERA, but he has shown he's much better than that mark in the past and had ERAs below 3.00 in the previous three seasons. With either Texas or Miami, Strop is likely looking at a high-leverage role.

Related: Texas Rangers, Miami Marlins
Source: Hector Gomez on Twitter
Jan 22, 2020, 10:11 PM ET



Yep. Here is the link to the MLBTR page: https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/01/ ... strop.html

I'm relieved. I wanted nothing to do with a big league deal for this guy.


Not to mention that Strop probably wouldn't be a good deal if there is 3 other teams bidding on him.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Pedro Strop
#26

Posted: January 23, 2020, 9:51 PM Post
Posts: 2866
wildcat2237 said:
Yep. Here is the link to the MLBTR page: https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/01/ ... strop.html

I'm relieved. I wanted nothing to do with a big league deal for this guy.


Because 3 of Yardley Feyereisen Black Devin Wahl etc is better? If Knebel can't start the season this teams currently looking at Hader Suter Peralta Claudio and 4 shuttle guys.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Pedro Strop
#27

Posted: January 23, 2020, 10:02 PM Post
Posts: 1998
TJseven7 said:
wildcat2237 said:
Yep. Here is the link to the MLBTR page: https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/01/ ... strop.html

I'm relieved. I wanted nothing to do with a big league deal for this guy.


Because 3 of Yardley Feyereisen Black Devin Wahl etc is better? If Knebel can't start the season this teams currently looking at Hader Suter Peralta Claudio and 4 shuttle guys.


This. Given some of the garbage we’ve signed this offseason this one actually makes sense to me. He must want 2-3 years or something.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Pedro Strop
#28

Posted: January 24, 2020, 10:18 AM Post
Posts: 1871
Very likely he didn't want to go for a club option the following year.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 28 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test