LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

[ 9 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Kris Bryant

Offline  Kris Bryant

Posted: February 11, 2020, 1:25 PM Post
I see that rumors are starting to heat up again regarding the Cubs potentially trading Bryant. I'm assuming there is less than a ZERO chance here that we could ever get involved, right? No way, they would trade him inside the division to one of their big rivals? Was just dreaming about how awesome it would be to see Cub fans lose their Sh#$ seeing one of their hero's become a Brewer!

Even if we weren't a division rival, I'm not sure if we'd even have enough in prospect capital to make a deal happen. Not even sure if a Turang, Small, Ashby package gets it done - does it? Boy, the lack of impact prospects in our farm system right now is really glaring!

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Kris Bryant

Posted: February 11, 2020, 1:42 PM Post
In the 1% chance they’d trade him here we don’t have anywhere near the pieces to get him anyways.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 11, 2020, 1:44 PM Post
Earlier in the offseason, I proposed a trade where Bryant went to the Dodgers and in-turn was traded by the Dodgers to the Brewers with prospects for Hader. I would love to see Bryant in Milwaukee just to see the Cubs fan reactions.

I know this would be an incredibly short-sighted trade, but given I think the Brewers window likely closes after 2021 anyway, in the aforementioned scenario, it would be fun to acquire Bryant and Seager for Hader+ and see where a lineup of Cain-Yelich-Bryant-Seager-Hiura-Narveaz-Avisail-Braun/Smoak got us in 2020 and 2021.

All of this is obviously ludicrous but fun to dream of.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 11, 2020, 1:56 PM Post
Warning Track Power said:
Earlier in the offseason, I proposed a trade where Bryant went to the Dodgers and in-turn was traded by the Dodgers to the Brewers with prospects for Hader. I would love to see Bryant in Milwaukee just to see the Cubs fan reactions.

I know this would be an incredibly short-sighted trade, but given I think the Brewers window likely closes after 2021 anyway, in the aforementioned scenario, it would be fun to acquire Bryant and Seager for Hader+ and see where a lineup of Cain-Yelich-Bryant-Seager-Hiura-Narveaz-Avisail-Braun/Smoak got us in 2020 and 2021.

I don't know why, but this is the first thing I thought of when reading this:

Craig Counsell: I want a Kris Bryant... no, a Corey Seager. I want a hot dog. I want a milkshake...

David Stearns: You'll get Jedd Gyorko, and like it!

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 11, 2020, 2:24 PM Post
Global Moderator
I don't think the Cubs would trade him here, and I don't want to give up the future for a two year "window," but the always fun baseballtradevalues.com has his median value at 38.70. Turang (20.6) and Lutz (14.7) would come close, and you could throw in a Garcia, Rodriguez, Ashby, or Ray to finalize the deal if the Cubs were looking to rebuild with an "our MVP player for a group of prospects" deal.

Hader (39.7) is pretty close to a straight-up deal, so WTP's idea of him going to the Dodgers then to the Brewers isn't that far-fetched from a value standpoint.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 11, 2020, 6:19 PM Post
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
Warning Track Power said:

Craig Counsell: I want a Kris Bryant... no, a Corey Seager. I want a hot dog. I want a milkshake...

Fifty bucks says the Counsell kid picks his nose! [laughing] [laughing]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 11, 2020, 7:53 PM Post
Global Moderator
Double of nothing he eats it!

As for Bryant, I don't think there is any way he ends up a Brewer. And I really doubt that the Cubs are going to trade him, either. But you never know, I suppose.

- - - - - - - - -
P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 12, 2020, 7:06 AM Post
Ron Robinson's Beard said:

I believe the meme, as the kids say it, goes something like this

Craig Counsell: "I want a Kris Bryant"

David Stearns: "We have a Kris Bryant at home"

Kris Bryant at Home: Jedd Gyorko

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Kris Bryant

Posted: February 12, 2020, 10:08 AM Post
There were at least a couple articles before the grievance was decided that speculated that many teams probably didn't view Bryant as the super-star, corner-of-the-franchise type player that he would have been regarded as back in 2017.

His 3-year average bWAR/fWAR is 4.2. From 2015-2017 his average bWAR was 6.5 and in 2018-2019 it was 2.75. From 2015-2017 his average fWAr was 6.9 and in 2018-2019 it was 3.55. He missed a good chunk of 2018 which impacts the number but last year was a 4.2 bWAR/fWAR season...really good but not near what he has posted from 2015-2017.

I think the best projection would be to just take the 4.2 WAR figure from the 3-year average...which happens to match last year's number...and project him as being worth 8.4 WAR total over the next two years. 18.6 million in salary in 2020 and let's estimate a 24 million dollar salary in 2021. That's 75.6 million in value minus 42.6 million in salary...I only have him as having +33 million in surplus value. My guess is that if the Cubs get offers in that range, they will not be trading him. Obviously they would not be trading him to Milwaukee, but by my calculations a Bryant for Turang + Ashby + Eduardo Garcia package would be an even trade.

Quote   Reply 
 [ 9 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply