LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 22  Next  [ 428 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2021 Free Agents

Offline  Re: 2021 Free Agents
Posted: December 06, 2020, 9:45 PM Post
I say 3rd base is a bigger need.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2021 Free Agents
Posted: December 07, 2020, 9:50 AM Post
MLB trade rumors is predicting around $13 million combined for La Stella and Santana. If we trade Hader for prospects then we could very well sign both.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 07, 2020, 9:53 AM Post
wibadgers23 said:
MLB trade rumors is predicting around $13 million combined for La Stella and Santana. If we trade Hader for prospects then we could very well sign both.

Can sign both without trading Hader. There is enough room for $13m in the budget. It would just put them at the top of their budget.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 07, 2020, 11:28 AM Post
Apparently the Brewers are showing interest in Joc Pederson according to Rosenthal from the Athletic.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 07, 2020, 11:51 AM Post
nate82 said:
Apparently the Brewers are showing interest in Joc Pederson according to Rosenthal from the Athletic.

To play 1B? Or are they actually considering a Yelich to 1B move, which I would support 100%!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 07, 2020, 11:54 AM Post
Global Moderator
nate82 said:

Sign me up for Joc Pederson as a platoon partner with Avisail Garcia. Pederson's average exit velocity last season was 93.0 mph which was in the top 4% of the league. Joc versus RHP and Garcia versus LHP would both project to be very solid 5th hitters.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 07, 2020, 12:01 PM Post
Eye Black said:
nate82 said:

Sign me up for Joc Pederson as a platoon partner with Avisail Garcia. Pederson's average exit velocity last season was 93.0 mph which was in the top 4% of the league. Joc versus RHP and Garcia versus LHP would both project to be very solid 5th hitters.

And a very expensive platoon. But yes, intriguing nonetheless.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 07, 2020, 2:12 PM Post
Yes, this needs to happen!

A middle of the order of Yelich-Hiura-Pederson... Oh hell yes!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 07, 2020, 2:17 PM Post
Jaylyn said:
nate82 said:

To play 1B? Or are they actually considering a Yelich to 1B move, which I would support 100%!

Has either played 1B before?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 07, 2020, 2:20 PM Post
BestInTheWorld said:
Jaylyn said:
nate82 said:

Has either played 1B before?

Pederson has 149 innings of experience at 1B for the Dodgers in 2019. He apparently wasn't great there, and they started using Bellinger more there because of it.

Yelich was his high school team's regular 1B, but has not played there as a pro I don't believe.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 07, 2020, 2:43 PM Post
Pederson has 149 innings of experience at 1B for the Dodgers in 2019. He apparently wasn't great there, and they started using Bellinger more there because of it.

Yelich was his high school team's regular 1B, but has not played there as a pro I don't believe.

Interesting... Really curious if we would add Joc to play 1B.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 07, 2020, 2:54 PM Post
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
Jaylyn said:
nate82 said:

I don't get the interest unless there's already something brewing re: Garcia. Pederson's career numbers in terms of BA, OBP, OPS, & K rate aren't much better than Eric Thames' career numbers (except for K rate), and are mostly slightly less than Thames' overall MIL stats (yet Pederson got paid Dodgers money for his production). Baseball Reference's dWAR on Thames is pretty negative, but Thames play a solid if unspectacular 1B. We need corner IFs that move the needle re: improving the offense and offensive profile of our club, not another Garcia-type signing which, if Pederson were signed to play 1B or to move Yelich to 1B (that's Yelich, the GG-winning OF), would amount to an added body but not any better hitter.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 07, 2020, 2:56 PM Post
Joc had 6 errors in 20 games at 1B..

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 07, 2020, 2:56 PM Post
^^Point of my post (2 up): We might as well sign Thames instead because invariably he'd be cheaper, already plays 1B, and would be cheaper for likely similar production.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 07, 2020, 3:17 PM Post
It would actually be a decent sign. When everyone is healthy Garcia can just float around the OF as the #4 guy. Then of course injuries etc. gets him a lot of starts too.

Don't know why Joc has to be the 1B...throw Garcia there. Garcia is a monster at 6-4, so if tall 1B excites you he would make more sense anyway.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 07, 2020, 3:23 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
It would actually be a decent sign. When everyone is healthy Garcia can just float around the OF as the #4 guy. Then of course injuries etc. gets him a lot of starts too.

Don't know why Joc has to be the 1B...throw Garcia there. Garcia is a monster at 6-4, so if tall 1B excites you he would make more sense anyway.

Defensively Garcia is better than Yelich so if anyone should be moving to 1B it is Yelich.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 08, 2020, 10:36 AM Post
So far, the winter meetings have been a dud.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 08, 2020, 10:40 AM Post
Brew4U said:

I don't know, seeing the Reds inexplicably get demonstrably worse is nice. [wink]

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 08, 2020, 10:45 AM Post
Brew4U said:

OMG no kidding. At this rate, we might not see any significant activity until January.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: December 08, 2020, 11:05 AM Post
nate82 said:
MrTPlush said:

Defensively Garcia is better than Yelich so if anyone should be moving to 1B it is Yelich.

What's the difference between Vogelbach and Pederson? Neither hits left handed pitching at all. Their average and on-base percentage against right handed pitching are almost indentical (.225/.350 for Vogelbach, .238/.349 for Pederson) Vogelbach's OPS+ against right handed pitching is actually better than Pederson's (116 to 110). Thus it makes no sense to sign Pederson as First Baseman against right handed pitching.

As a corner OFer, I suppose I could see it as Pederson has played all three outfield spots in the major leagues, and CF and LF extensively. They could rotate him through so they all get regular at bats and stay rested, but unless their interest is tied to the fact that there isn't a market for Pederson and he may come as a bargain; it doesn't really address any of the holes on their team, and thus doesn't seem all that logical either.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 22  Next  [ 428 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply