LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  [ 228 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2021 Free Agents

Offline  Re: 2021 Free Agents
Posted: December 24, 2020, 5:09 PM Post
JohnBriggs12 said:
With Bell now with Nationals, how about Ryan Zimmerman to platoon with Vogelbach? He's mashed lefties his entire career. Would he play for anyone other than the Nats? Maybe he could entice his draft mate Braun to come back for another go?

I'm doubting Zimmerman plays for any team other than the Nats..
I'll seen a few posts on other sites suggesting that the Nats might use Zimmerman/ Bell as a platoon (with Bell vs the lefties)...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 14, 2021, 3:37 PM Post
See the Mets signed Jose Martinez.

I totally forget about him, I would have taken him at 1B.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 14, 2021, 3:51 PM Post
Global Moderator
Martinez is getting old and hasn't really hit in a couple of seasons.

Interesting them signing him with Dom Smith on the roster. It really does suggest that a deal for Smith might be possible, and the Brewers should be all over that.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 14, 2021, 4:14 PM Post
PeaveyFury said:
Interesting them signing him with Dom Smith on the roster. It really does suggest that a deal for Smith might be possible, and the Brewers should be all over that.

I really think its the NYMets gathering parts to fill future holes as they trade a package to either Colorado (for Arenado) or ChiCubs (for Kris Bryant)..

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 14, 2021, 5:24 PM Post
Global Moderator
MadThinker88 said:
PeaveyFury said:

I really think its the NYMets gathering parts to fill future holes as they trade a package to either Colorado (for Arenado) or ChiCubs (for Kris Bryant)..

Cubs trading Bryant for like JD Davis, Thomas Szapucki & a couple teenagers would be pretty satisfying.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 14, 2021, 7:52 PM Post
sveumrules said:
MadThinker88 said:
PeaveyFury said:

Cubs trading Bryant for like JD Davis, Thomas Szapucki & a couple teenagers would be pretty satisfying.

I think that's too much. Given this depressed market, Bryant's injury history, his terrible season last year, and his enormous salary, he has close to negative value. They'll be lucky to get a lottery ticket or two without having to pay a significant portion of his salary.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 14, 2021, 7:55 PM Post
I think a Bryant for Davis/Szapucki and more would be a big get for the Cubs. I just don't see Bryant having that much value on the trade market. Projecting 2020 out to a full season, and surprisingly Bryant has only been a 2.4 bWAR/fWAR player per season over the last three years. Very good year in 2019, but not that great in 2018 and wasn't that great in a shortened 2020. The number I've pulled out of my rear end for him in 2021 is a 2.9 WAR, and considering only one year of control plus a huge arbitration number, I only have his surplus value at +7.5 million. I'm not even a J.D. Davis fan but would still put his surplus value at roughly twice that of Bryant. Add in three more players going to Chicago, and I think this would be a great deal for the Cubs.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: January 15, 2021, 7:18 AM Post
PeaveyFury said:
Martinez is getting old and hasn't really hit in a couple of seasons.

I think they're just filling their bench and high minors depth. I just looked at their depth chart on MLB.com, and they really don't have much.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  [ 228 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply