LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next  [ 469 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2021 Free Agents

Offline  Re: 2021 Free Agents
Posted: March 04, 2021, 4:26 PM Post
wntrtxn21 said:
BestInTheWorld said:
PeaveyFury said:
So, what's left, if anything for Milwaukee? We seemingly had/have more money than thought, and it remains to be seen as to whether they're done or if there's still some to throw out there.

With the focus clearly on defense/run prevention, is there anyone else out there that fits the bill? Pitching probably is the most logical place to add, if they're still looking to.

Adding Odorizzi to rotation.

After adding Bradley Jr. I don't see the Brewers spending anything more on FAs.

You've said we weren't adding payroll all offseason. I guess if you keep saying it, you will eventually be right!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 04, 2021, 4:27 PM Post
Global Moderator
wntrtxn21 said:
BestInTheWorld said:
PeaveyFury said:
So, what's left, if anything for Milwaukee? We seemingly had/have more money than thought, and it remains to be seen as to whether they're done or if there's still some to throw out there.

With the focus clearly on defense/run prevention, is there anyone else out there that fits the bill? Pitching probably is the most logical place to add, if they're still looking to.

Adding Odorizzi to rotation.

After adding Bradley Jr. I don't see the Brewers spending anything more on FAs. I just don't see the team the way they are currently set up as contenders. After Woody and Burnes there isn't much and 3B is a hole once again.

After Flaherty, there isn't much and the Cardinals 2B are projected essentially as bad as the Brewers 3B.

If the Brewers aren't contenders, then neither are the Cardinals nor the Cubs nor the Reds.

Somebody's gotta win the NL Central I guess.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 04, 2021, 4:54 PM Post
Global Moderator
wntrtxn21 said:

Did you see them spending anything more on FAs before they signed JBJ either?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 04, 2021, 5:25 PM Post
Yea I cant believe all the talking heads picking the Cards to win the division... Mentioning how good there pitching, ummm what? After Jack who do they have.

I dont get it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 04, 2021, 8:50 PM Post
PeaveyFury said:
wntrtxn21 said:

Did you see them spending anything more on FAs before they signed JBJ either?

NO I didn't see them signing anybody after Turner was gone unless it was Odorizzi. I still can't get this signing unless there is something about Cain they are not releasing. Garcia: 9 years - .271/.324/.746 - 9.5 O-war. Bradley: 8 seasons - .239/.321/.732 - 8 O-war. 2021 projections for Bradley .237/.324/.737 Projections for Tyrone Taylor ..246/.324/.758....

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 04, 2021, 9:22 PM Post
After Wong and Bradley, and ST started, I think the FA signings can realistically be called done. The moves now likely come from trades/waived players that dont make teams they currently are on. 12-13mil was also your price for Turner had you signed him.
Say a guy like Shaw is out there on another team that 10 days from now isnt added to that team and becomes a FA maybe that is your next FA signing.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 04, 2021, 9:51 PM Post
I think DsAnd Mark will still be on the look out so it not over.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 05, 2021, 8:17 AM Post
BestInTheWorld said:
Yea I cant believe all the talking heads picking the Cards to win the division... Mentioning how good there pitching, ummm what? After Jack who do they have.

I dont get it.

Our top 2 are better than the red birds top two. After that.... the SP's are pretty much equal imo. I believe our BP though is what makes us leaps and bounds better than the redbirds.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 05, 2021, 8:34 AM Post
BestInTheWorld said:

I dont get it.

I'd bet a lot of money the Brewers finish ahead of the Cardinals. The Cardinals coming in 4th wouldn't surprise me at all.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 05, 2021, 8:52 AM Post
brewtank34 said:
BestInTheWorld said:

I dont get it.

Our top 2 are better than the red birds top two. After that.... the SP's are pretty much equal imo. I believe our BP though is what makes us leaps and bounds better than the redbirds.

I get the Cardinal love. It’s based on experience. Their pitching has been 2nd in the league in runs allowed the last two years and their starters are more experienced Jack Flaherty and than the Brewers starters. Arenado and Goldschmidt have longer track records as elite offensive than anyone the Brewers have besides Yelich.

The Brewers match up on paper pound for pound with St. Louis, but the Cardinals are the smart pick for the division based on experience. That won’t change until Milwaukee goes out and consistently plays to their potential.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 07, 2021, 9:58 AM Post
The best of the Free Agents remaining:

Infielders:
3B Maikel Franco
3B Jeff Gyorko

Outfielders:
OF Yoenis Cespedes
OF Yasiel Puig
OF Josh Reddick
OF Nick Markakis

Starting Pitchers:
LHP Cole Hamels
RHP Mike Leake
RHP Rick Porcello

Relief Pitchers:
RHP Shane Greene
RHP Roberto Osuna
RHP Brad Peacock
RHP David Robertson

Others: Logan Forsythe(2B), Neil Walker(2B), Aníbal Sánchez(SP),

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 07, 2021, 10:13 AM Post
Greene would be a good get. I am one who prefers to use Hader as a true anytime fireman not so much as a one inning closer. More back end options are good especially with Williams being a mystery until we actually see him pitch again.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 07, 2021, 10:30 AM Post
Shane Greene would be my choice if we’re going to sign anymore free agents.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 07, 2021, 10:38 AM Post
Global Moderator
Jeremy Jeffress was released by the Nationals this morning (he was on a minor league deal) for what was deemed “personnel reasons” by Nats GM Mike Rizzo. Not a typo, the initial report says personnel and not personal.

Jeffress also made some cryptic Twitter comments about his former agent.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 07, 2021, 11:22 AM Post
I would prefer to sign Franco/Gyorko and cut Shaw

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 07, 2021, 1:02 PM Post
Maikel Franco would look awesome on this roster. Good right handed power bat to add to the mix. I would feel really good about our offense if he was brought in.

Against Righties:

2B Wong
RF Bradley
LF Yelich
1B Hiura
3B Shaw
CF Cain
C Narvaez
SS Arcia
P

Against Lefties:

2B Wong
CF Cain
LF Yelich
1B Hiura
3B Franco
RF Garcia
C Pina
SS Urias
P

Bench pieces are Pina, Franco, Robertson, Garcia, and Urias against righties. This would put us at 13 position players. I could get really excited about our everyday lineups with a roster like this!

Vogelbach would be released, Shaw, Robertson, and Franco could see time at first as needed.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 07, 2021, 1:30 PM Post
Eye Black said:
Jeremy Jeffress was released by the Nationals this morning (he was on a minor league deal) for what was deemed “personnel reasons” by Nats GM Mike Rizzo. Not a typo, the initial report says personnel and not personal.

Jeffress also made some cryptic Twitter comments about his former agent.

Wow that's more than cryptic. That's in your face direct.

Also, Josh was banned from this site?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 07, 2021, 5:15 PM Post
Pick up Greene for another top pen piece and Gyorko or Franco to platoon at 3B and the roster would be set

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 07, 2021, 5:16 PM Post
I can’t imagine Franco signing to be the lesser end of a platoon. I could be wrong but I’d think he’d want more playing time than that.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: March 07, 2021, 5:46 PM Post
Brew4U said:
I can’t imagine Franco signing to be the lesser end of a platoon. I could be wrong but I’d think he’d want more playing time than that.

I don't think he is that good of a player to really make a lot of demands. I mean he isn't signed yet and the season is only a few weeks away.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next  [ 469 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply