LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  [ 47 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

DJ LeMahieu

Offline  DJ LeMahieu

Posted: November 18, 2020, 7:27 AM Post
Global Moderator
MLB.com’s Mike Petriello predicts the Brewers are going to sign DJ LeMahieu to a three year deal in this article:

Draft time! The top 30 free agents right now

Online  Re: 2021 Free Agents

Posted: November 18, 2020, 7:50 AM Post
Global Moderator
Eye Black said:
MLB.com’s Mike Petriello predicts the Brewers are going to sign DJ LeMahieu to a three year deal in this article:

Presumably the assumption here is that Hiura would move to DH? That would certainly improve the defense and add a nice bat.

Offline  Re: 2021 Free Agents

Posted: November 18, 2020, 7:55 AM Post
PeaveyFury said:
Eye Black said:

Presumably the assumption here is that Hiura would move to DH? That would certainly improve the defense and add a nice bat.

Why couldn't they just slot LeMahieu in at 3B? It isn't like its a foreign position for him ... he's got right around 700 career innings at 3B. The bat would play there.

Offline  DJ LeMahieu

Posted: November 18, 2020, 9:24 AM Post
This would be fun!

MLB article has LeMahieu to the Brewers for three years

https://www.mlb.com/news/drafting-top-f ... 5703302261

Offline  Re: DJ LeMahieu

Posted: November 18, 2020, 9:28 AM Post
My god would I love that!

I would put him at 3B tho.

Posted: November 18, 2020, 10:37 AM Post
Global Moderator
I doubt we spend on free agents, but if we do, I'd love him.

Can he play 3B? He's only had about 100 games there in his career. The numbers we have show him to be averagish. While he's a very good fielding 2B.

Otherwise you could move Hiura to 1B - assuming he could do that. Or DH if that gets adopted.

Online  Re: DJ LeMahieu

Posted: November 18, 2020, 12:48 PM Post
Someone would outbid us, I think this has about a 1% chance of happening...

If teams are going to throw 11 million at Dre Smyly, DJ will be able to get that plus some...

Sorry bfnet, it isn't going to happen.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Posted: November 18, 2020, 12:54 PM Post
Global Moderator
turborickey said:
Someone would outbid us, I think this has about a 1% chance of happening...

If teams are going to throw 11 million at Dre Smyly, DJ will be able to get that plus some...

Sorry bfnet, it isn't going to happen.

DJ Dre Smiley. That's a pretty good name for performer.

Posted: November 18, 2020, 2:53 PM Post
With Cano being suspended for the year, I can see the Mets spending big on LeMahieu now.

Posted: November 18, 2020, 4:36 PM Post
wibadgers23 said:
With Cano being suspended for the year, I can see the Mets spending big on LeMahieu now.

This might be the end of Cano. At 38 and declining quickly, he is all but washed-up. I'm sure the Mets are smiling because they save $23M.

Posted: November 18, 2020, 7:37 PM Post
there is no way he coming here ? the yanks or mets

Posted: November 18, 2020, 8:17 PM Post
wntrtxn21 said:
wibadgers23 said:

This might be the end of Cano. At 38 and declining quickly, he is all but washed-up. I'm sure the Mets are smiling because they save $23M.

They still owe him another 48 million for 2022 and 2023 though...

Posted: November 18, 2020, 8:19 PM Post
Andy Martino of SNY.tv hears that DJ LeMahieu is more likely to re-sign with the Yankees than he is to sign with the Mets.

Some speculated following Robinson Cano's PED suspension that the Mets might now target LeMahieu to be their new second baseman. They'll surely at least kick the tires, but putting Jeff McNeil at the keystone seems to be the likelier scenario. As for LeMahieu and the Yankees, Martino writes that the two sides "want a reunion to happen" but have "not yet agreed on what a fair contract should look like." Martino believes that LeMahieu ultimately will return to the Bronx and it will be the Yanks' "most significant free agent expenditure this year."

RELATED: New York Mets
SOURCE: SNY.tv
Nov 18, 2020, 5:39 PM ET

LOL yeah, he will be a Brewer when the Yankees are still interesrted. We have 0% chance of him becoming a Brewer once the Yankees are involved again.

*sigh*

Posted: November 18, 2020, 8:29 PM Post
There is no way i agree the Yanks will win a bidding war with us.This is going to be a down year and they won't sign any FA but i do expect some trades.

Posted: November 18, 2020, 9:38 PM Post
Global Moderator
Having the “Brewers are broke and can’t afford any free agents” crowd suck the air out of the room on every free agent discussion thread this offseason might be the thing I’m least looking forward to.

Posted: November 19, 2020, 7:00 AM Post
Eye Black said:
Having the “Brewers are broke and can’t afford any free agents” crowd suck the air out of the room on every free agent discussion thread this offseason might be the thing I’m least looking forward to.

Evergreen post

Posted: November 19, 2020, 8:40 AM Post
Global Moderator
Do people honestly believe the Brewers won't sign a single free agent?

I agree DJL is prolly not a realistic expectation, but I feel like signing zero free agents is maybe equally unrealistic in the opposite direction?

Time will tell, I guess.

Posted: November 19, 2020, 9:17 AM Post
The Yankees priority is pitching and they'll allocate money to that. They have a potent lineup without LeMahieu. They could look at bringing back Didi and moving Torres full time to 2B or they could sign Kolten Wong. In short they can tinker and not have to commit the money to keep LeMahieu. In short, they have cheaper options and offense isn't their priority. A LeMahieu signing by the Brewers is comparable to the Cain signing. Speaking of Cain, maybe the Brewers can get a taker for him and get at least half of his remaining 2 years off the books?

Posted: November 19, 2020, 10:47 AM Post
sveumrules said:

I agree DJL is prolly not a realistic expectation, but I feel like signing zero free agents is maybe equally unrealistic in the opposite direction?

Time will tell, I guess.

Well technically they will sign a free agent or two I'm sure. Whether those free agents are anything more than min. wage fodder, I don't know.

The article guessed the Yankees would spend their free agent money on pitching first, hence the thought process where LeMaieu is available for us. Not that we are outbidding the Yankees.

Posted: November 19, 2020, 12:21 PM Post
Roderick said:
sveumrules said:

Time will tell, I guess.

Well technically they will sign a free agent or two I'm sure. Whether those free agents are anything more than min. wage fodder, I don't know.

The article guessed the Yankees would spend their free agent money on pitching first, hence the thought process where LeMaieu is available for us. Not that we are outbidding the Yankees.

I am very doubtful the Brewers will make a splash on any multi year bigtime free agents.

The Brewers really need a 1B, a 3B, and a middle of the rotation starter. I expect most to come by trade.

If they cannot fill all three by trade maybe they are forced to splurge on one guy.

I see a Tommy La Stella or Brett Anderson as the biggest splash we will see this winter.

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  [ 47 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply